Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 25-08-2012, 12:20 PM
12padams

Was your first astral projection experience how you pictured it would be?

Hey everyone! I was just wondering if your first astral projection experience was how you pictured it would be. For me... No... I believed it would be more spiritual and otherworldly type place but instead the astral dimension I have visited so far over the past year (most likely the real time zone) is a replica of the physical world in which it is often nighttime.

I thought I would share with you a story I wrote just over a year ago in which I predicted what my first astral projection experience would be like. Please note that unlike my actual logged experiences in my books and blog this "experience" is just a story and did not actually happen!

In a year 11 English class we had 40 minutes to write a story about a Journey... That gave me an idea to write about what I thought it would be like if I astral projected for the first time. My original story has been inserted below:

Out - By Phillip Adams
I dragged myself stumbling into my bedroom with the weight of the world on my shoulders. "There is no God" I told myself. "If there was he would help me through my tough situations." I felt angry and depressed as I felt my life falling apart.

I couldn't take it any more so I got into bed using it as my escape to the world. I lay there in silence with memories of the day swooping in and out of my mind. I visualised my thoughts as balloons and one by one let them go flying into the sun and popping out of existence.

As the storm in my mind grew weaker and the ocean calmed I felt myself getting deeply relaxed. My mind became as blank as a white canvas while a blanket of relaxation encapsulated me even deeper. All feelings of my body drifted away and I no longer felt the need to move any part of my body and general reflexes such as swallowing were pulled away from me into the darkness.

Suddenly I felt a sinking feeling almost like my bed had become quicksand but I remained calm and moved with the flow of my thoughts. As the sinking feeling past a new feeling of extreme heaviness came over me. It felt like I was underwater in a diving suit which had run out of air and I needed to escape it. I heard a buzzing noise blast into my ears as vibrations started moving through my body. I tried moving my arms and realised that I was able to break free of this weird force that was encapsulating me.

As I broke free I felt myself slowly floating upwards. Suddenly I could see again yet my vision was different. I was in my bedroom yet I could see behind me, in front of me, up and down and both sides of me without moving my head. I had spherical 360° vision. I slowly drifted away from my bed almost like a cloud drifting in the air. My mind flipped upside down once I discovered that my body was still lying in bed yet looked asleep.

My mind raced to reach the truth of where I really was. I started to direct my thoughts away from the body that was lying on my bed and on me seemingly out of my body. I pulled my hands out in front of me and saw blue flowing transparent energy, my mind could not make sense of what I was seeing, where I was or what was happening. Was I in another dimension, another realm or another plane of existence. In my altered state of consciousness I felt more conscious than I ever felt before, almost like my whole life I had been sleeping and I finally had woken up in the real world.

I decided to explore however my movement seemed jumbled. I didn't appear to have the legs that properly moved me through this place. I then concentrated on the door of my bedroom and found myself pulled to it like a magnet. I felt myself move through the door as if it were made of water. The discovery of my thought being used to navigate the world worried me as I slowly felt myself moving to familiar yet unfamiliar territory at the same time.

I wondered whether I should return to my body that was lying on the bed or if I should continue my journey. I didn't want to walk out into the unknown yet at the same time my mind was racing with excitement to explore this new world.

I slowly floated from room to room around my house yet discovered it wasn't exactly the same as I thought it was. Furniture that seemed like it was hundreds of years old seemed to exist side-by-side with my modern and known house. Textures and patterns of the walls and carpet seemed to greatly differ to how I remember and know them. It was like the room I was in had been entangled in the strings of time forming a knot combining elements from different time periods together.

I slowly drifted up out of my house into a further mutated reality. Buildings and structures I'd never seen before seemed to surround my house. They looked yellow, paper like and had weird inscriptions on them. Some of them seemed to replace houses I knew and others seemed to be merged and intertwined inside them.

I saw movement on the streets and the instant focusing on the movement sent me to it. The closer I came the more I realised what I was seeing. The street was filled with small creatures yet none that I ever seen before. There were dog-like and cat-like creatures that barked at me almost telepathically. Some looked hungry, others lonely and some violent and vicious. One of them started to cling on to me like a lost child finding it's parents.

Waves of fear swept over me as my new surroundings frightened me. I slowly felt myself being forced back to my house as if a rope was pulling me back to my body.Looking down I saw a silver faint line connecting me to my house directly to where my room was.

As I got pulled through the wall back into my bedroom I saw a dark ghostly figure hovering over my body. Upon seeing this I felt myself jolt back into my body as I quickly sat up in my bed back into the normal world again.

My new experience opened my eyes to the world as I felt a great sense of accomplishment. My journey into the unknown dimension sparked a new hope in my life that there really is a God and there's more than just the materialistic world we live in.

------------------------------End Of Story------------------------------

My Marks for the story: 60%
The reasons for the poor marks are below:
Not creative enough... (How can this not be creative... I had never written about astral projection before this and no-one else had ever written about it in my school)
There was no journey... (lol just because it was a non-physical Journey and had no physical movement involved it doesn't mean that there was no adventure/exploration)
No self-growth... (An atheist becomes a believer in god... Thats growth... Although I admit it was a sudden change)
Sounded like a new age drug trip... (I guess the teacher was not very open-minded... Still that's no reason to mark me down since it is a unique story)
Language was not sophisticated enough... (Well I was in the lowest english class so... I thought I did well for my class...)
Old 26-08-2012, 01:10 AM
Master
Yes, it was. I flew up to the top of the ceiling rolled over and saw the bottom half of my torso. Then I said well that's enough for now and returned to my body and had this sort of natural high that lasted from that for the rest of the day, maybe even part of the next day. Even though it was a short and perhaps small experience it felt like "One small step for me, one giant step for my spirit." That was the day I came to grips that there surely is more than what is inside of us.
Old 26-08-2012, 04:57 AM
12padams

Out of interest interest did you experience a rush of adrenalin on the realization of being out of body? I also experience a "high" or extremely good mood after my experiences :)
Old 26-08-2012, 05:31 AM
Master
Yes, I don't know if it was adrenaline or not but it was definitely a rush. Afterwards coming back to my body my third eye area felt euphoric for a very long time. I guess it was activating after a young adult lifetime of being dormant.
Old 26-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Administrator
Hey 12p adams.

When i first had my first astral projection i was to young to understand what it was, i just left my body and was somewhere else,and thats how it happpens with myself,i dont think about it.the more you think about it the more frustrated you get when nothing happens, which puts a block on yourself so i would say the best thing to do is to relax and see what happens,

Namaste
Old 26-08-2012, 12:22 PM
12padams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Hey 12p adams.

When i first had my first astral projection i was to young to understand what it was, i just left my body and was somewhere else,and thats how it happpens with myself,i dont think about it.the more you think about it the more frustrated you get when nothing happens, which puts a block on yourself so i would say the best thing to do is to relax and see what happens,

Namaste

Awesome :) But lol I have my own astral projection technique which works (at least for me) and requires you to think heavily about it :)
Old 26-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Pathfinder
Using new age stories for school is always a gamble. Most of the time you just don't know how spiritual your instructor is or is not.

A brief look over, grammatically(i'm not fantastic with grammar so my opinion/someone can correct if i'm wrong)

This sentence(s) As the sinking feeling past a new feeling of extreme heaviness came over me. It felt like I was underwater in a diving suit which had run out of air and I needed to escape it.

Could be instead:

As the sinking feeling past a new feeling of extreme heaviness came over me; It felt like I was underwater in a diving suit which had run out of air and I needed to escape it. or

As the sinking feeling past a new feeling of extreme heaviness came over me, It felt like I was underwater in a diving suit which had run out of air and I needed to escape it.

Semi colons can be tricky, but for a longer pause than a comma with relevant related information can combine two smaller sentences. This part isn't even a big deal, just something for you to consider in the future with writing.

From what I did read, as a creative story you had some rather good parts. This leads me to think the teacher was personally bias. I don't know how grades work down under. In the U.S. 60% would be a D and very harsh in my opinion to grade you so low on the basis they just didn't like the story. Not fair. Just use this experience to learn in the future. Be careful what you write when religion/personal beliefs are involved. It can just be too personal for some people.
Old 26-08-2012, 08:26 PM
12padams

Oh lol yea i only had a 40 minute limit to write and make it up on the spot... That's why it had gramma issues.

And... I was attending a private religious school in which were constantly told to believe in god and let him into our lives. Looks like my teacher believed that this was satanistic rather that Christian :)
Old 26-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator
No...my first Astral projection experience was NOT how I imagined it would be! Prior to that I didn't believe in Astral projection! I didn't believe in anything.
One night I went to bed early,having worked physically hard all day. I woke around midnight, saw the clock, then felt the 'bed' vibrating, It took me by surprise, I thought there was an earth tremor. Then there were sounds, like electrical short-circuit-kind of noises. I got scared, thinking something had gone wrong with the wiring in my house. I tried to get up and couldn't. The noises got stronger, till I realized it was ME the noises were coming from not my bed or the room. There was an almost deafening sound like an aircraft jet-engine gearing up for take-off (no joke!)
Then I started slowly lifting up out of bed.
At that point I knew I had to be dying. I couldn't work out why as I was fit. Anyway I went up and up till I got to the ceiling, saw a fly's eye view of the plasterwork, and heard a woman laughing in a lovely way. I knew she was laughing at me, but it didn't sound unfriendly.
Then I crashed back down. It felt like I'd been thrown back in bed from a height.
Phew! I got up, wobbled down the hallway, felt dizzy, but perked up after a coffee.
Next day I was on my way to see the doctor as I thought maybe I'd had a heart attack. I met a friend, told him what had happened, and he laughed. He said he'd been trying to do that for years! He told me what it was...Astral projection.
From then on I knew I'd been arrogant not to believe it happened to people.
Old 27-08-2012, 07:06 AM
12padams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
From then on I knew I'd been arrogant not to believe it happened to people.

Awesome :) Just out of interest what are your believes on what the astral dimension is?

1. A conscious dream-like state in between waking and sleep. Everything you see and experience is just created on the fly by your subconscious mind.

2. Similar to the above but the astral dimension is created by the combined memory's and experiences of everyone's subconscious minds forming a telepathically created place.

3. A world independent of peoples minds with actual beings and places that can be visited. People can meet up with eachother in this dimension and perfectly recall the exact same experience after waking and physically recalling it with eachother.

4. Something else....