Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 28-08-2011, 01:26 AM
Twinflamefound

Thumbs up Oil pulling

I've noticed this hasn't been discussed yet, so I wanted to bring up the benefits of oil pulling and ask if and what others have experienced with it.
Depending on what you read on the net, apparently it's a very old Indian method to help with all sorts of ailments.
What you do is gargle coconut oil (which is more solid at room temperature) until it melts in your mouth, for anywhere from 10 to 20minutes. You do this on an empty stomach first thing in the morning, and before you brush your teeth. I normally last five minutes but it still helps.

It's meant to be like a detox. For me, ihave Also used it during the day if I have a headache, tooth pain, and I find it even works as a bit of a mood lifter....and it helps whiten teeth.

I love it...has anyone else had good results with it?
It sounds a bit gross, but the solid oil actually has a pleasant taste, and once you get past not swallowing....it's all good :)
Old 28-08-2011, 01:30 AM
Master
I'd heard of the term oil 'pulling' but never researched it. I've recently read about getting a daily allotment of coconut oil for overall health purposes, healthy fat like from avocados, nuts, so just experimenting with different ways to get it into my diet without too much trouble. Bought corn on the cob, used the coconut oil instead of butter, put himalayan pink salt on it and voila, a great way to get some into your diet. I pour a little in my coffee with other creamer too. Sorry if a bit off topic, but I know it's good for you.

Old 28-08-2011, 01:37 AM
Twinflamefound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I'd heard of the term oil 'pulling' but never researched it. I've recently read about getting a daily allotment of coconut oil for overall health purposes, healthy fat like from avocados, nuts, so just experimenting with different ways to get it into my diet without too much trouble. Bought corn on the cob, used the coconut oil instead of butter, put himalayan pink salt on it and voila, a great way to get some into your diet. I pour a little in my coffee with other creamer too. Sorry if a bit off topic, but I know it's good for you.
No it's not off topic! That's great to hear. A lady on YouTube actually said she has it in her coffee daily. I tried it and gagged a bit, but that's just me lol
Old 28-08-2011, 01:41 AM
Master
Yeah, it kind of floats around, but if you have a flavored creamer, it's not as bad as just putting it in black coffee ~ yeah, ugh wouldn't want that! When I use it on the corn, I don't get a spike in my blood sugar (am diabetic but under control) like when I put it on bread.

Old 28-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Master
SG. My favourite bread-spread [I'm diabetic too ] is Creamed Garlic - very tasty ! Would not advise that in coffee
Old 28-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Suspended
I did it for a while...but with sunflower oil. Coconut oil sounds much friendlier. My teeth felt amazing.

Should really get back into it. I think it's one of those things that takes time to 'work'. I didn't keep it up...typical me.
Old 29-08-2011, 05:01 AM
arive nan

I have tried it. With sesame seed oil. Sesame and sunflower oil contain some things that can kill off the bad bacteria in your mouth, which I think is why there is some benefit in oil pulling. I didn't stick with it long enough, but I did have less of a bad taste in my mouth in the mornings. I think my teeth got a bit cleaner too.
Old 29-08-2011, 05:14 AM
Master
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
SG. My favourite bread-spread [I'm diabetic too ] is Creamed Garlic - very tasty ! Would not advise that in coffee

The coconut oil not hard at all to get used to on bread and the like... don't worry I won't be trying THAT in my coffee any time soon! (I hope you're doing well with the diabetes, probably so with all the walking I imagine you do.) Instead of taking the glipizide, I discovered Vitamin C and aspirin work very well to bring down blood sugar when it gets out of whack (oh and plenty of water). my HBA1c was 6.2 about a week or so ago.

Old 29-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Twinflamefound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Yeah, it kind of floats around, but if you have a flavored creamer, it's not as bad as just putting it in black coffee ~ yeah, ugh wouldn't want that! When I use it on the corn, I don't get a spike in my blood sugar (am diabetic but under control) like when I put it on bread.

That's amazing about your blood sugar not spiking.
I tried the coconut oil with milk too, I think i just have to get used to it

Have you heard of bios slim life? It's a natural product for diabetes and weight loss (I'm about to try it for weight loss) it's fascinating, can't wait to try it.

Arrive nan, I only use sunflower oil for cooking now. It's meant to be the best for frying and cooking, instead of canola and vegetable oil.
Old 29-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Sungirl

I take a caprilic acid tablet every day which comes from coconut oil... but I have heard it is good to take a tablespoon every day.... some say it tastes nice.... not convinced myself.