Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 06-07-2017, 02:05 AM
Master
What does "The Way And The Life" actually mean?

A few words which are quoted over and over - yet what does The Way And The Life actually mean? The possible meanings are many.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Master
"I am the way and the truth and the life." Isn't that the whole quote?
Old 06-07-2017, 11:05 AM
Master
The other important aspect of that quote is the sentence that follows: "No one comes to the Father except through me."
Old 06-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Experiencer
What is first, the way, or the life?

From one point of view, is first life, from other is way.

Than there is the truth. What is the truth? Or is there something beyond all that and how is it described? There is always something missing, for me of course. Making theories from limited point of view is hard, that is some kind of predicting with no real base.

So what is this unlimited point of view, from which is it possible to say the right saying?
Old 06-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihael_11
What is first, the way, or the life?

From one point of view, is first life, from other is way.
The life in this case is not referencing physical life, but rather spiritual life. So (physical) life being first isn't a requirement of then finding the way.

It works well for me as it pertains to my own journey. I searched for the way for many years, then I found the truth, and that truth has lead me to a new life: being reborn into a new consciousness paradigm.

This is the path to Spirit wisdom as I have experienced it. "No one comes" to this consciousness paradigm except via this path. Something like that anyway. It works for me as I said, in my own way.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:38 PM
Ascender

I am reminded of the line of song--"it ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it---." Using the word "way" in the sense of being a manner. Anyone who personified such a manner could justifiably suggest that those wishing to do likewise could do so only by-in a sense-joining in that manner so personified, hence "through me".--so I believe. petex.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
I am reminded of the line of song--"it ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it---." Using the word "way" in the sense of being a manner.
Interesting thought, although it's the same thing in actuality. The way or manner in which one acts = the path as a specific way. There's not a lot of give and take there really. One's behavior is the way, yes, and it naturally and organically leads to a specific way of being in the world. Like I said, if your "manner" is someone who boozes and does drugs and spends their nights in strip joints, you are a long ways away from the way.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
The other important aspect of that quote is the sentence that follows: "No one comes to the Father except through me."

Meaning what? That one needs to be devoted to and worship this being and that he will carry you to the Father?

The Way The Truth and The Life - this is a very important aspect of any spirituality. The East chooses meditation as its 'path'. Christians choose the worship of Christ. There is a big difference between the two.

My theory is that Christians end up somewhere different to Hindus and Buddhists - because they are on different paths.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Meaning what? That one needs to be devoted to and worship this being and that he will carry you to the Father?
Worship which being? What are you referencing here?

Meaning: Christian says Father, I say Spirit. That is all. The way to Spirit and Spirit life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
My theory is that Christians end up somewhere different to Hindus and Buddhists - because they are on different paths.
Some Christians like to think their religion is THE ONE TRUE religion; one new member here has been posting about that recently. I imagine some people in other religions feel the same about their own religion: that it's the only true path. It's not a theory, it's merely the delusional fundamentalist belief of religious bigots.

All paths lead to the same One Spirit source. That's all one needs to understand and contemplate upon as far as "where we end up."
Old 07-07-2017, 09:51 AM
Master
All paths lead to the same place,source, that is spirit.

There are Christians with the same spiritual dedication of a monk in a monastery, or a native on a shamanic path, a taoist zennist, a wiccan who has learned the principles of energy and transforming energy.

All philosophies and paths lead to spirit. Not everyone is spiritual, hence the alcohol drinking, bar hopping tv, stripper enthusiasts. Although that is not quite the same way I would explain it.

Nor would I call anyone a bigot for a belief in religion.

It is possible to be at the same time spiritual and religious, just as it is possible to be aware that humans have both negative and positive characteristics and traits.

I do not believe everything explained in Christian religion to be true. Yet I realize through reading of the bible- when I do- that the religion as others does contain truths.

For me the way, the life, and the truth is the spiritual walk I take everyday, despite not being formally Christian or Catholic.

I try and walk a shamanic path, and no path is the same even within the same what one would call description of a path. There are similarities between many paths in my belief, the differences are what spices things up.

The way, the life, and the truth for me means, that each individual walks their own.

This gladdens me.