Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-07-2016, 02:51 PM
Experiencer
The theme we have chosen for our lives

If you are a person who are arrogant, judgmental, proud or similar, then it is part of the theme you wanted to explore here on earth.

Maybe you reflect on that you ought not be proud, judgemental etc, then your efforts to change that is the very theme you have chosen.

If you chose not to change anything about yourself by effort, then that is equally your theme..

I talk from the point of view that we have chosen our theme before we came,and we have chosen differently
Old 25-07-2016, 08:21 PM
Master
I love holding opposites somehow.

As in how could one hold arrogance and humility in the same place, strong and willing yet weak and yielding?

And judging too, it is this I say yet at the same time a head slightly askew asking if it is otherwise. Could all this then be a theme but un-themed?

And words that aren't words yet... but they, us, are quicker for they, us, even have a word for that, but, I've forgotten it already.
Old 26-07-2016, 03:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free1
If you are a person who are arrogant, judgmental, proud or similar, then it is part of the theme you wanted to explore here on earth.

Maybe you reflect on that you ought not be proud, judgemental etc, then your efforts to change that is the very theme you have chosen.

If you chose not to change anything about yourself by effort, then that is equally your theme..

I talk from the point of view that we have chosen our theme before we came,and we have chosen differently

Depends really where your looking into others and their world to speak this as being so.

There are many ways to perceive why life is being itself as it is as one with the greater reality.

The only thing I can really say is that the more aware I become the more choices I seem to have and the more I deepen to understand how I can live in ways I feel more content in myself.

Theme or no theme. Its just life.

If someone is running the same theme its usually because that is what they are choosing, but that doesn't mean their are no more choices to choose from. It just means they don't know yet perhaps? Often its about the unknown in self that hasn't arisen so how that comes to be, is their own process and journey.

Life just is and shows its face being itself. Humans create the themes and reasons why.

I don't know about the reasons why I am here before my birth. I just know I am here and deal with what I know here and now.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 26-07-2016, 10:43 AM
Lorelyen

I think it would be the height of arrogance - and folly - to think you can choose a theme for life/living and keep to it without change. It would mean trying to relate every experience to some central idea of your being rather than experiencing and adding to your being (as, every moment presents something new).

Such theme of life that I have is constantly under development. It has changed as a result of joining this forum among other things probably because I see many forming their paths, stumbling here and there, recovering and refining. I see differing community and national cultures at work.

I'm in accord with naturesflow (above) on this. Theme or no theme it's just life. We refine.

Old 26-07-2016, 12:06 PM
Deactivated Account
I believe some people, if not all, work with a main theme during the course of a life and possibly sub themes as well. I can see this in my own life such as stuff that has happened to me as well as the particular personality/temperament I was born with. Obviously free will exists so people may not stick to particular themes or may even be in denial and never make progress with a theme but certainly in my own experience I see evidence of a main theme.
Old 26-07-2016, 02:30 PM
Suspended
Guide
Seems like you are using "theme" as a synonym for fate or destiny.
A predetermined outcome for your journey, your life.

The contradiction of free will and fate is an interesting one.
Old 26-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Suspended
Being. . .