Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-07-2016, 03:22 AM
Pathfinder

Angel1 Feeling Completely Present

Hi all, first new thread for me, hope it's in the right place. Anyway, I wanted to share an experience I had a year and a half ago which I've been trying to duplicate ever since with no luck and wondering if anyone has had the same experience.

I've read this book on being present Tolle. And I would say, to me, what I felt then was probably the closest to being completely present as is described by the author in a way that I understand.

Anyway, this is my experience. I was reclining on the couch when I felt a heavy feeling on my chest. I then felt emotions of depression, sadness, pain that seemed to come from nowhere. I recall feeling anxious and just overall weird, with unease. I couldn't understand it as the heavy feeling and emotions just didn't tally with whatever was happening at that time.

I asked myself, where these emotions were coming from cos I wasn't upset, I wasn't depressed, I was none of those emotions at that time. I recalled the book, and then I said to myself "maybe that's not me" (as in these feelings and emotions that was entering my body, maybe they didn't belong to me..if that makes sense??)

Somehow that catchphrase must've worked. The heavy feeling slowly seemed to be lifted off me, I felt light, the emotions slowly left my body. For the next 2 hours ish, I felt ...well, I'll try to describe it the best way I know how...hopefully not too corny

I felt light, my heart felt at peace, open, joyous, completely present, completely ZEN, like nothing can touch me, nothing can bother me. The world and everything in it was as it is, as it should be and everything was OK. There was a floating feel. (hope I can say this) its like if you were ever stoned with the use of substance but without the substance. It was just calm, everything seemed to slow down but yet didn't. Everything was more sharp, sounds, noises, actions.

In the next 2 hours I continued feeling like this and it felt really great. I didn't do anything special or anything, proceeded to prepare dinner with my partner. But everything felt like really really great. Chopping food felt deliberate and an end to itself, cooking was good, eating felt good. ( I hope I don't sound too nuts)

Long story short, it was a really good experience which I've been trying to duplicate again and haven't been able to so far. Ive tried that catchphrase also but the resonance is gone.

I wonder if anyone get's what I had experienced? I don't recall doing anything particularly different or special that day, it was just a normal day for me... so yeah...anyone??
Old 08-07-2016, 09:22 AM
Master
It sounds like you had another "being" joining you and gave you feelings of depression, sadness and pain but when the being left you were happy and calm in a manner you cannot think as of your own. I do not understand why you are calling it feeling in the present. I am not familiar with the book you are referring to. But your experience is quite interesting. I have not experienced a similar thing so I cannot help you in that respect.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:43 PM
Pathfinder

"oh it seems I'm still unable to post links... Google eckhart tolle. The book is power of now."

Thanks for replying. This is the info above. He wrote the book power of now. Being present is a concept in his book.. Where he describes it as end of mindless thinking, a feeling on oneness...

And yea it was interesting and curiois what it was. Yea, i don't discard it could be some random "being" as u put it.. . Sounds pretty scary also at the same time...
Old 12-07-2016, 01:53 AM
Newbie ;)

It is our ego that gives us that sensatiom of not being alone. It is the definition of what a demon is. Our personality is entirely made up of these demons, and they are whst prevents us from obtaining the God mind. God is a state of mind, not a superior being. The egos can present themselves as angels, but only when they have hsd enough to eat, as they feed on empowerment. Empowerment from admiration or completing tasks that we see as difficult and it is because subconsciously it makes us feel superior. when we lack our true state of being, belittling people is the only thing that makes us feel alive.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:13 AM
Deactivated Account
Very cool experience Christy... Sounds like you tapped into a heightened/elevated state of Awareness beyond the usual influence of the physical/egoic mind - and you got an extended glimpse or preview of what it's like being in that state... Such an experience like that can serve as significant inspiration and motivation to continue your spiritual 'seeking' and your self-development. Now you know firsthand that there is something more available to you - another way of experiencing your state of Consciousness.

P.S. I enjoyed that book as well when I read it about 6 years ago... Author Michael Singer has an excellent book ('The Untethered Soul') which you may be interested in exploring if you haven't already...
Old 12-07-2016, 02:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Hi all, first new thread for me, hope it's in the right place. Anyway, I wanted to share an experience I had a year and a half ago which I've been trying to duplicate ever since with no luck and wondering if anyone has had the same experience.

I've read this book on being present Tolle. And I would say, to me, what I felt then was probably the closest to being completely present as is described by the author in a way that I understand.

Anyway, this is my experience. I was reclining on the couch when I felt a heavy feeling on my chest. I then felt emotions of depression, sadness, pain that seemed to come from nowhere. I recall feeling anxious and just overall weird, with unease. I couldn't understand it as the heavy feeling and emotions just didn't tally with whatever was happening at that time.

I asked myself, where these emotions were coming from cos I wasn't upset, I wasn't depressed, I was none of those emotions at that time. I recalled the book, and then I said to myself "maybe that's not me" (as in these feelings and emotions that was entering my body, maybe they didn't belong to me..if that makes sense??)

Somehow that catchphrase must've worked. The heavy feeling slowly seemed to be lifted off me, I felt light, the emotions slowly left my body. For the next 2 hours ish, I felt ...well, I'll try to describe it the best way I know how...hopefully not too corny

I felt light, my heart felt at peace, open, joyous, completely present, completely ZEN, like nothing can touch me, nothing can bother me. The world and everything in it was as it is, as it should be and everything was OK. There was a floating feel. (hope I can say this) its like if you were ever stoned with the use of substance but without the substance. It was just calm, everything seemed to slow down but yet didn't. Everything was more sharp, sounds, noises, actions.

In the next 2 hours I continued feeling like this and it felt really great. I didn't do anything special or anything, proceeded to prepare dinner with my partner. But everything felt like really really great. Chopping food felt deliberate and an end to itself, cooking was good, eating felt good. ( I hope I don't sound too nuts)

Long story short, it was a really good experience which I've been trying to duplicate again and haven't been able to so far. Ive tried that catchphrase also but the resonance is gone.

I wonder if anyone get's what I had experienced? I don't recall doing anything particularly different or special that day, it was just a normal day for me... so yeah...anyone??

A wonderful glimpse into how you can operate as a human being on this earth. Most of our pain has been created/perceived through the reflections of the world around us from the time of birth. So understanding you are not all that pain, but something far greater to be in all that, is what your now aware of. We have these moments to keep moving forward and know their is more as life presents us with experiences and emotions to work through, in the natural process of life. Glimpses help us to remember how to keep on going and find that space within that always brings us back to be more open, present and mindful of what we are experiencing and can experience. Certain pain hits and we don't need to know the how's and whys of it, just being more present and aware of what is moving in us, observing and knowing it is the transient nature of life, that we keep on moving through. You will always hold this memory now and it will be a good solid feeling to help move you through your emotions faster and find that centre faster.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 12-07-2016, 03:24 AM
Master

Sometimes this can happen spontaneously to people who have worked on themselves. Yes the feeling goes away as you state but may come back sometimes. To reach this state more permanently, we have to completely face ourselves and get to our true self.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:40 PM
Experiencer

It's not nuts or corny at all, I would say it's very normal. I believe a lot of people's normal state of mind is like this. It's not very noticeable when looking at someone, because calm and happy people don't tend to grab much attention.

I had a similar experience after reading that book and trying to comprehend it. In retrospect I was actually depressed, in pain and anxious. I wasn't fully aware of it at that time as I had grown used to it, but for that day I strongly noticed it. I'm very familiar with the sense that it wasn't really my feelings, and I found out that it wasn't. I spent some time reflecting upon that and I found the source of my pain, it came from my mother.

My experience was like turning on strong colors in a black and white picture. I tasted happiness, something I hadn't felt in a very long time. Like your experience I truly felt the pain first where before I was just numb, then the pain lifted off. I think it was because I acknowledged it, because I was present and aware of it. I learned that day that pain does not go away before it has made itself known and felt.

I too sought back to this feeling, but getting back to it was a more counter intuitive task than I thought. I was looking for it until I realized I had to look at what I was looking away from, the pain. There's no way to live happy in ignorance of the sad.

It's been a few years since I read that book, it really started a process in me. I remembered myself because of it, that the happiness I felt wasn't foreign, it was just forgotten. I had that sense of joy as a child and forgotten it, but suddenly my memories rushed back. I cried as I was filled with regret over letting myself slip so far from my true heart, but still I was happy for the lesson I learned. I will never allow myself to sink so deep into darkness and put my head in the sand again.

These days I feel several emotions running through me every day, I have regained the entire range instead of just being numb. I always pay attention to what's happening around me, sometimes it's not good but I know that I can't pretend I didn't see it. I feel pain every day, but I feel more than enough love and happiness to handle it. I avoid time for anything except practical purposes I can't avoid (like going to work), time always feel slowed down. I don't stress, I act calmly and deliberately in the moment and it takes the time it takes. Everything seem sharp and fresh for me at all times, but it wasn't like this for that period I was depressed. I notice when I start to slip, I do the opposite of stress to save myself, I must relax or I will really slip.

What you experienced started out for me like it has for you. Now it's my normal state of being and I watch over myself to not lose it again.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy

Christy - Nice thread. Many authors write books about staying in the moment and The Power of Now is a good one. I tend to have my head in the future a lot and so I fester over all the 'what ifs' and spend way too much time thinking about future scenarios. I'm reading a book called "The Mindful Way through Anxiety" and as I read each word on the page, I nod and say, "Yep that's me." I like this particular book because the two authors emphasize being mindful/aware of what's really going on in one's body, thoughts, feelings, etc. This mindfulness is a great way to lessen things like anxiety and phobia. Take social phobia for instance. With my social phobia I have avoided a lot of events in the past 20 years that would have enriched my life experience immensely had I participated. But instead I rationalized that protecting myself from the effects of anxiety on my body by just staying home, was far better than subjecting myself to events.

I will bring this back around to 'being present in the moment' momentarily. Being mindful of one's avoidance of what's really going on around oneself, is a way to acknowledge one is living in the future instead of the now. I use social phobia again. If the solution to this issue is avoidance altogether, than a person is protecting themselves from future anxiety and it's unknown or uncomfortable effects on that person. But if one mindfully says for example, "I won't know what to say to people." "I'm so boring and have nothing to contribute." "I'll panic and have to abruptly leave the event before I embarrass myself." Admitting that these things are felt in the body, but deciding to expose oneself to the perceived danger is a way through the social phobia. With each social event one doesn't avoid, the socializing becomes less threatening and more rewarding in order to enrich life.

I read The Power of Now and found it very upbeat and the reading material just made common sense. I can't remember if Tolle spoke of being mindful in order to be present in the moment to avoid living in the future and all the unknowns. It's really about being consciously aware that the negative feelings related to anxiety exist in the body, but the logical mind overrules and says - participate in life without fear of the future.

I know I was all over the place on this post, but I very much find The Power of Now and The Mindful Way Through Anxiety both are singing the same song.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:41 PM
Knower

Dear Christy

Imagine a paramedic/rescue team attending a call for a medical emergency! The victim needs immediately blood transfusion you don’t have the correct blood but someone around has and offer to give some blood…

You just helped a spiritual rescue team with an “energy” (the correct term is fluids) transfusion. During the process, you get some “bad“ fluids from this spirit and give your good fluids that was in suffer!

This is not common, but in emergency cases, they use the nearest available resource.

Of course this rescue team will not leave you in a bad shape, since you kindly help them! By this reason, you felt so great after helping them! Also by the same reason, you tried to replicate with no success.

In case some inferior spirit with some “bad” fluids tried to “steal your fluids you would never have a good sensation afterwards and the bad felling would last much longer.

There is 2 books that explain all this:

3w.ssbaltimore.org/PDF/Spirits.pdf
3w.ssbaltimore.org/PDF/Mediums.pdf

Good study!