Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-07-2016, 03:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maguru
This isn't how you experience it though, is it? It seems you, and others, use the afterlife to negate this life. Each of you are still a human being just like everyone else. It could be that your fear has dissipated and has changed your perspective of life but it isn't a perspective that unites humanity. It just serves to separate us even more which is the total opposite of the promise spirituality makes.[/QUOTE]

Good point Maguru.

Fears of death and living fully often have to reflect more complete through a whole range of deeper understanding to learn life in everyway life is. Of course this is my understanding and experience so it may reflect for others. I gain a more full reflection of life in me in this way of understanding, which naturally supports my most unique and true self. Nothing is left out, everything is included. And naturally life goes on and more life is experienced as we know from moment to moment.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 13-07-2016, 06:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by natureflow
So what you are cannot be named/labelled simply because you relate yourself as something beyond this realm of being.

If you speak English to a person who does not understand English they will not know what you are talking about, and there are languages in this world which do not have words similar to the words which we speak in English. Language is a code and the code is different deep within our true being because our true being is in a different dimension. If you go to a different country, say Japan, and you do not speak Japanese then your labels for things using the English language will be inaccurate. You will know them as one thing and the person who speaks Japanese will know them as something else. Ask yourself what language does your emotions speak?

Quote:
Do you believe that you were given this body and all that comes with it, for the only purpose of understanding yourself as a spirit being without name and form? That the body and all that comes with it is irrelevant to your being a whole and complete given gift?

In my opinion the human body serves our deeper being, but it is not irrelevant because it is especially made to help grow our awareness and it allows us to have very unique experiences.

Quote:
I wasn't playing I was being genuine in my asking.

It was not my intent to belittle your questioning rather it was my intent to share my perspective as I stated earlier, I view life as a “play.”

Quote:
Have you become aware that the fear of death and the fear of life are so deeply entwined?

Yes!

Quote:
In the rise and ascension to greater heights the nature of the real world learning becomes a continuous application to the reality of what you face beyond all this your showing here.

Definitely, but for many the application, or how they proceed, changes because of them discovering that inner gift.

Thank you natureflow for sharing your perspective.

Quote:
I've heard similar things from others many times and to be honest, the human being is not slow to grab onto something if there is an amazing pay-off and we haven't. Why is that?

I can only speculate on this and my speculation is that generally people find it hard to let go of what they have latched on to in this world, and they can not fathom anything beyond their own thoughts, unless they have actually gone beyond their own thoughts. Most people in this world are just following the crowd; they follow in their parents footsteps or what the major cultural or religious ideology for their geographical area may be. Here on earth money rules; your wealth, and worth, is determined by how much you have, while beyond this world wealth is determined by how much you let go, how much you are open, etc. The process is reversed and so are the values.

Quote:
It seems you, and others, use the afterlife to negate this life. Each of you are still a human being just like everyone else. It could be that your fear has dissipated and has changed your perspective of life but it isn't a perspective that unites humanity. It just serves to separate us even more which is the total opposite of the promise spirituality makes.

I actually use the afterlife to affirm human life and not negate it; the afterlife has made my human life greater. I use to do a lot of traveling all around this world and I would say “home" is where you lay your head,” now I know my true home. The Biblical saying “ know that while you are in this world you are not of this world,” (paraphrased) used to only be a saying to me but now it has taken on a completely new meaning. Ask yourself what religions currently in this world help to unify humanity? Most will only really embrace you if you are like minded. Spirituality comes in all sorts of ways and the unification which spirituality offers is often sublime. As I stated earlier in this discussion “I see myself as a bridge builder,” and I worked in the healthcare and social work fields for more than 40-years helping the disenfranchised, and trying to unite people; largely because I felt it was my spiritual calling.

Thank you for your comments Maguru.

Let me share a little more of my background with you. I am a U.S. Army Vietnam veteran who went totally blind during that war and was blind for about 5-years. On my next birthday I will be 70-years old. I share this because it was my going blind which sent me on this inner quest, and I regained my eyesight after more than a dozen eye surgeries, but when I was blind I began to do meditation an gained some great insights. I have been doing quiet meditation, pretty much daily, for almost 40-years and this is how I have chosen, or was chosen, to unfold myself.

I don’t think that meditation, or what I have shared here, is for everyone, and I respect the right of people to practice other spiritual and religious paths which are nonviolent. When I was in Vietnam, as an army medic, I treated Vietnamese as well as Americans, recently I went to Afghanistan and worked with refugees who were streaming from war torn nations; it is not my intention to list my good acts to humanity here but to share how that compassion came from my meditation practice over the decades, and yes there are lots of ways other than this to gain compassion. But meditation opened my heart to others, and I am sure others found different ways other than meditation to open their heart.

So, because I am retired I can go camping every month, which I do, and will be leaving soon on a two-week camping trip, so any other questions or comments I may not be able to respond to for a couple of weeks. Thank you for the discussion.

Peace
Old 13-07-2016, 10:05 AM
Master
Ah, my brother the other day had a look at my hands, as he used to be into reading palms back in our very often shared youth, and he noticed I had two life lines... Ah, that's my secret agent life I returned.

"You are of this world but also not of this world" I like it, makes sense, it is good.
Old 13-07-2016, 10:48 AM
Master
“You are of this world but also not of this world,” how true, and in a day or so I will spend some time in the great outdoors;
looking at the stars and planets through my telescope, communing with the other critters and creatures of this world, and embracing nature.

I love camping and getting away from the world which humanity has built. There are so many vistas and landscapes,
camping high on a mountain peak, or spending a couple of weeks camping at the beach near the ocean, in the wine valleys,
the forest with their very tall trees, or in the desert.

This world energizes me when I commune with nature, and sitting in the great outdoors meditating can be just fantastic.
The animals approach you differently after doing some deep meditation; the sky, water, and land looks different also.
We are of this world and yet not of this world.
Old 13-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
“You are of this world but also not of this world,” how true, and in a day or so I will spend some time in the great outdoors;
looking at the stars and planets through my telescope, communing with the other critters and creatures of this world, and embracing nature.

I love camping and getting away from the world which humanity has built. There are so many vistas and landscapes,
camping high on a mountain peak, or spending a couple of weeks camping at the beach near the ocean, in the wine valleys,
the forest with their very tall trees, or in the desert.

This world energizes me when I commune with nature, and sitting in the great outdoors meditating can be just fantastic.
The animals approach you differently after doing some deep meditation; the sky, water, and land looks different also.
We are of this world and yet not of this world.

Looks like your real life is showing now.

Sounds like a wonderful way to enjoy nature..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder