Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 19-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Master
Very few to no friends

I am in a strange state of affairs. I had a core group of friends, very few but quality, that was back then.

My best friend, passed away late last year, and he was also like a spiritual mentor to me. I miss him dearly.

Also, i had another friend from another another country, and he just stopped communicating. I just made a suggestion to our online chatting arrangements and since then i have not heard from him. It's like he dissapeared off the face of the earth.

I had a colleague once who was my best friend, but i was overseas, and i sent him an email to wish him happy birthday, and have since not heard from him. I think he flipped out because i sent him an email instead of calling but i was in another country. Costs you know.

My only "friend" now, who i know since we were about 12/13 years old, is really getting on my nerves. He has a tendency to make snide comments, and whenever i give one back, i get the silent treatment. I really want to end the friendship, because the friendship has been going nowhere slowly for a while now.

I know i'm not the problem. Spiritually i'm fine, and growing day by day. I cannot take all this "nonsense" anymore. I am a sensitive soul. I guess i had just chosen my friends poorly over time. I need spiritual friends, who can uplift, and grow together.

This thread is not a call to have friends. I just want to know if any of you have been in similiar situations and how have you dealt with it ?
Old 19-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Master

For me the emphasis is somewhat changing - so I'm looking for a different friendship group, the old friends are lovely but my mind is elsewhere, I've changed not them. Or, better to say that we've grown apart.

What about local clubs and societies for meeting people? I find it really hard to meet people but I'm going to start putting myself out a bit in order to get things together. Most of us need people in our lives.

In one sense I would say you are right when you say you are not the problem but equally, when it comes to relationships, we are all the problem and other people are perfectly there to point us in a certain direction. So, when they press our buttons, they are simply being a teacher to us. It's tedious, but stay open to the "nonsense".
Old 19-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Suspended
Guide

Are you in your 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, or 80s?
Old 19-03-2013, 09:24 PM
lily of the valley

I have been there myself......its not easy at all. I do have to wonder about your age though....I'm sure you are a mature person, but I just got the feeling that you have been acting a bit like a child. Please take no offense to this comment as I tend to act in this fashion myself sometimes, particularly when I am feeling lonely. I found that the problem isn't the other person or persons, it's me. I am the one who has changed, as so have you. We are looking for spiritual friends....friends who can understand us.
Old 19-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Nada

It is not the number of friends that you need.
You just need one great friend who really loves you and gets you.
Old 20-03-2013, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeandOneness
I am in a strange state of affairs. I had a core group of friends, very few but quality, that was back then.

My best friend, passed away late last year, and he was also like a spiritual mentor to me. I miss him dearly.

Also, i had another friend from another another country, and he just stopped communicating. I just made a suggestion to our online chatting arrangements and since then i have not heard from him. It's like he dissapeared off the face of the earth.

I had a colleague once who was my best friend, but i was overseas, and i sent him an email to wish him happy birthday, and have since not heard from him. I think he flipped out because i sent him an email instead of calling but i was in another country. Costs you know.

My only "friend" now, who i know since we were about 12/13 years old, is really getting on my nerves. He has a tendency to make snide comments, and whenever i give one back, i get the silent treatment. I really want to end the friendship, because the friendship has been going nowhere slowly for a while now.

I know i'm not the problem. Spiritually i'm fine, and growing day by day. I cannot take all this "nonsense" anymore. I am a sensitive soul. I guess i had just chosen my friends poorly over time. I need spiritual friends, who can uplift, and grow together.

This thread is not a call to have friends. I just want to know if any of you have been in similiar situations and how have you dealt with it ?

Almost everyone I ever knew passed away.
Or we kind of drifted, not enough in common I guess.
So I found a dog. She loved me. I loved her. The best relationship I ever had.
If you feel you can truly honour that kind of bare love....get a dog. Do yourself a favour! (get a rescue dog. Many need loving homes)

P.S. -a lovely dog will always bring you interesting people to talk to while out on dog-walks etc.
Old 20-03-2013, 07:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle
Are you in your 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, or 80s?

i'm in my mid 30's.
I'm definitely the one who has changed, and so has my "needs" as well.
Old 20-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Master

It always takes a while to grow and change and we are all changing all the time - that's not a bad thing as it happens.

It's the way we deal with change.

Are there local groups you can get involved with? Maybe join a course which is sometimes a way of meeting new people?
Old 20-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeandOneness
I have found myself in the interesting situation of having to continually make new friends as an adult because of a lot of turnover in my life. It has the look of being set up ahead of time to be this way. I haven't really done anything to deal with it. I just sort of watch people come and go I guess.

I heard this recently so maybe it will help you if it resonates with you. It resonates with me. If you believe we are in a time of higher energies and faster spiritual evolution then consider the possibility that this life was planned ahead to tie up a lot of lose ends from previous lives to take advantage of that energy. So you may see a lot of changes in relationships as a result and also as a result of your spiritual growth.

So not having many friends right now is for a reason. It could simply be a time of transition. If it's bothering you then you know there is something there for you to sort out. You will pull in new friends.
Old 20-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Master
Thanks people, and thanks in progress. That certainly helps a lot.