Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Knower

Time in different parts of the universe is vastly different to on earth- even on earth, time is slightly different depending on gravity etc. A few minutes if travelling through space at near the speed of light is several years on earth. As Native Spirit said, the time between communications is irrelevent.

I wonder if it is the emotions of people left behind that draw a spirit back- the strong emotional bond is not broken after death. I have heard that extreme emotion such as grief may have a detrimental effect on the soul's after-life journey.
Old 25-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator
In the case of my dog who passed away, she stuck around near to the Earth plane for a while. I now realize it was because she simply had no concept of anything else, had nowhere else she wanted to be. She wanted to be near me, and "at home". I was not sure at the time exactly what was going on, and learned as I went along.
She appeared perfectly content in this position, she must have been within her own "bubble of reality", not apparently bothered by anything untoward in this quite low-vibration plane....no "entities", no negativity, no problems. When I began to sense her contacts and found her when out-of-body, she obviously had no issues, and was steady and content.
In this plane, quite close to the physical, she had to have witnessed my grieving for her, but in all her contacts I never once sensed unease, or her being scared. I don't know exactly why, so I can't say...but intuit that she understood and was not fazed.
I actually think she always knew exactly why she was with me. She had a job to do, and I think she was aware of it. Over time she made me aware of her as a Soul, not just a dog. But a Soul who manifested in animal form.

Of course as soon as I became aware she was just fine, and I began to learn spiritually as a result of this experience, I started to "lift" and my grieving lifted too. I now relate to her with love, not grief.
Now she has gone deeper into the Astral, to a very good place. What initially enticed her to go, I have no idea. I would love to know!

Yes I know that's a dog, not a human. Yet she must have some quite good-level awareness going on, and possibly might have found this whole experience even easier than a Human might find it. She now finds her own way back to "visit", she is not brought by Guides, or anyone, she does it all herself, and appears to do this regular journey as easy-as-pie, and definitely because she wants to. She comes back on average every 2 weeks, but occasionally every few days, full of affection and brightness and life. I don't "draw her back" -I have completely left things up to her as I respect her as a Soul. But of course I send her my love, joy, and gratitude, and always will.
Knowing these things has definitely made me review "what happens to Souls when they die". I have to say 99.99% of it I don't know. Every Soul is unique.
Old 26-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Knower

Maybe she went because she knew you could cope without her now, she felt she could leave you. Her soul benefited as much from your love as you benefited from her life and her after-life.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:51 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkroses
Does anyone know or have a theory of what affects a deceased person's ability to communicate? I've heard of some people asking a deceased friend or relative for a sign and waiting weeks, months or even years before receiving anything. Today I asked someone who passed to send me a sign as a answer to a question and I got my sign in less than 5 minutes! I asked this person for signs before and have always received them rather quickly.

Does this mean he was already around me or nearby when I asked? Or could he still be earthbound? Or is he just good at communicating with the living?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thanks,
Pinkroses

A lot depends on your soul bond with the individual that has transitioned and how open you are to it........Some spirits may visit occasionally--unless you think about them more often--others will barely leave your side for as long as you need them........I get signs, messages, guidance, comfort and love on a consistent basis.......Most spirits are good about communicating, but not everyone recognizes the signs and synchonocites that they send...It's not all visions and dream visits, but very subtle things like your tv changing channels, your lights flickering, finding pennies where there were none before, special songs on the radio, or even a butterfly landing on your hand......
Old 08-02-2013, 03:09 AM
dave sonsaleagain

Hi. My longtime girlfriend passed away several months ago and I have not felt her presence at all. Nobody else in her family has either. I know she would want to communicate with me, but I just have no idea how to open myself up for such an experience. What could I do to open the lines of communication between her and I?
Old 08-02-2013, 08:04 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Dave:

I am very sorry for your loss.

My beloved of (20) years passed (5) years ago this past January 19th and I know how much it hurts to lose the one you love.

While it is true that these things depend on the abilities of each individual involved (and it has been less than a year and a day)--(perhaps) it would help you to go to a quiet place that the two of you shared. You should turn-off your cell and anything that might interfere--then sit quietly and breath deeply and evenly--close your eyes and empty your mind.

Remember...there are all kinds of communication--it can come in the form of a smell that may have belonged to your beloved--or maybe her favorite bird might leave the gift of a feather. Her favorite song could play on the radio as your driving home from this special place--or a verbal message from the television (or a movie) you are watching a week
(or even a month) later.

I have had total strangers approach me and say something out of the blue and a chill will run down my spine--because I know that he is speaking through them.

The best is when they visit us in dreams.

My best suggestion is for you to release all your preconceived notions on how a message can be relayed and remain open, attentive, and aware of everything and everyone around you.

Peace and Love on your path to Total Healing and the Possibility of Connecting...

Blessed be...
Old 08-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Master

The communication is two ways, and sometimes we don't hear the ways they are communicating with us - or attribute it to them. I know my grandparents are with me and sometimes they want me to know their presence and my eyes will be drawn to a picture of them and I will be filled with a warmth and a security that means I know they are with me. But, it took me a long time to ascribe such energy to something that is from them.

I know essentially that they have other work to do elsewhere and so I'm allowing them to show up as and when.

But it's believing, it's trusting, and loving them, I believe they like laughter, fun, warmth and joy. And sometimes, our own emotions block their ability to communicate, I know i can't "hear" my dad as my own missing him just doesn't let him in, but I still feel him with me.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:19 AM
dave sonsaleagain

Thank you Ladyterra. I am also sorry for your loss. 5 years may seem a long time to some but I bet you still hear his voice in your head every day and miss him. After reading your answer, I realize that maybe she is communicating with me already and I just haven't realized it.

Thank you as well, Belle. (hey that rhymed :) I am sorry for your Grandparents loss and I believe your comment about being emotionally open to communication will be very helpful. I had not even thought about that.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:45 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Dave and Belle:

I know this subject makes most people uncomfortable and the inclination is to sugar coat things and give words of comfort.

I feel it is better to tell the truth and face reality.

In my experience--I know that he will always be with me--but I will always miss him. The passing of time and the necessity to provide for myself have made me stronger--but I still have not moved on.

I have sold our home and moved to a different county--purchased property and made it back into office management. However--my heart still belongs to him.

He wants me to move-on and be happy--but I have my life neatly ordered and it is very peaceful and the truth is that I am scared to death to love another and take a chance and invest my heart in someone else--
because I now know what "Til Death Do You Part" really means and I'm not sure I could survive another profound loss.

It is embarrassing for me to admit these things--
but I do it in the hope that it will comfort you to know that others are
experiencing some of the same things you are and are only afraid to
voice them--because these feelings make others uncomfortable and alienates them.

The reality is that we get stronger with time--but (for me--at least)--it doesn't get any easier.

Peace and Love on your path to Healing and Connecting...

Blessed be...
Old 10-02-2013, 04:35 PM
dave sonsaleagain

Lady Terra, You need not be embarrassed about anything. Everyone who goes through this grieves in their own way. I am still learning what my way is. You spent 20 years with him and that bond will not likely be replicated but at the same time, I've always believed the human heart has an inborn desire to love someone. If that someone stumbles into your life, don't deny yourself happiness. Your husband would want you to be happy. Not that I'm saying you're not happy now. Also, I too now know exactly what they mean when they say til death do us part. We were never married but her sister held one hand and I held the other as she drew her last breath. Saddest day of my life.