Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-10-2011, 02:13 PM
jturk

After we die, we become one with god / energy / consciousness. is that right?

im wondering, after we die, do we retain our individuality or do we merge with some cosmic energy / consciousness / god & we are no longer 1 individual. is that correct in your view?

here is the quote that inspired this question...

"I believe our energy/soul/consciousness becomes one with the energy of those that have gone before. Yes, I believe you'll see your loved ones again. And become one with God, in some mystical way we can't understand till we get there. "
Old 27-10-2011, 02:29 PM
MMM

i think we hold our individuality
Old 27-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Deactivated Account
From what I've experienced through readings with mediums I believe we do retain our individuality to some extent so that we can be recognisable to loved ones and able to connect with them.
Old 28-10-2011, 12:14 AM
Seeker

Good question. Still trying to understand this one myself. My understanding is that you do both. You become one with the God energy, but you are still you. Just you in a larger sense.

Its the wave in the ocean analogy. Your the wave that thinks its a wave, until you return back to being the ocean. Realizing that you are the wave, and that which created the wave.

Your understanding of self grows.
Old 28-10-2011, 01:13 AM
Master
jturk... Here's a thread you might find interesting on this question:

What do we know about Death from Near Death Experiences? - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=22123

Xan

Old 28-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Experiencer

I hope that we retain our individuality. But does hoping make it so?
Old 28-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturk
im wondering, after we die, do we retain our individuality or do we merge with some cosmic energy / consciousness / god & we are no longer 1 individual. is that correct in your view?

"I believe our energy/soul/consciousness becomes one with the energy of those that have gone before. Yes, I believe you'll see your loved ones again. And become one with God, in some mystical way we can't understand till we get there. "

You ever see food in a compost pile? Thats what happens. Other then that we cannot prove anything at all.
Old 28-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Administrator
Hello

From the persepective of one that is a Medium ( now knowing there is NO proof to being really able to talk to the dead )

What I come to find is that we are two layers one being whom we are and were in life that I call the Spirit ( or Ghost if one is Earth Bound ) and the other layer being the Soul.

What I come to work with is the person that was, in all that they were in life. So that when a message is passed along I can give infomation like oders or odd charactoristics to how one looked, or one's lingo ext. There are times that if the energy is strong enough I can see Spirit as clear as the living.

NOW I fully embrace there as of yet is NO concrete proof Mediums and Psychic's are real but we do live on in the essence that we were I so feel. The body goes to dust not the Spirit.

Lynn
Old 28-10-2011, 04:04 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturk

We retain our individuality for quite some time yet - don't ask how long because our physical time doesn't apply away from the physical dimension.

Eventually, when we've progressed spiritually as an individual to the point where we're ready to merge again with the source (God or whatever you think of) we'll do just that but I'm not speaking about after this death or the next one or even one 'soon'.

For the time we can conceive of we'll remain as individuals who can meet up with other individuals 'over there', family and friends. Beyond that it's hard to get one's head around the time frame along with the progress we'll need before 'individualness' begins to fade.
Old 28-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Master
Lynn: ...we do live on in the essence that we were I so feel. The body goes to dust not the Spirit.

I feel and know this too. Otherwise how could we have memories of past lives (which I and many othesr do) and memories of the 'between' lifetimes existence (which I do).

The idea that we don't survive death rests on the belief that the Earth is our origin, whereas in spiritual awakening we discover we are far more than human. We are multidimensional spirit beings who are here in this world for a short time.

Rather than going on beliefs and speculations, it's good to investigate further for oneself... who and what we really are beyond the body-mind surface appearance.

Dr. Michael Newton has two good books relative to this subject. The first is the place to start, "Journey of Souls".

Xan