Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-09-2011, 12:07 PM
NeutralKid

Not Afraid of death

Hey I'm seb and im 14 years old and just sharing my 1st post

I don't know why but I just don't feel scared of death. I've had a near death experience before but when it happened i just knew i wasn't going to get hurt badly.
the way it happened was, it was high tide and i was on the rocky part of the beach trying to go onto the main beach but a wave hit me while crossing and i got smashed onto the rocky wall then onto the rocks and nearly got dragged out to sea but my dad saved me and i only ended up getting a couple of cuts which is really lucky.
But what i mean by not fearing death is that i want tornadoes to happen,to have hurricanes blow everything away, to have earthquakes tremble and smash the buildings,
to have a tsunami wash everything up and to have a volcano erupt and burst into the sky.
its not the imagination of watching things be destroyed but instead to experience what is like and to feel the pain that other people are going through and to be able to survive and to just get rid of the stuff destroying the environment and let the environment live stronger. ive always wanted just to live and explore just a forest of green grass and animals around but thats just a fantasy that only everyone can achieve by making it happen

Seb out =P
Old 05-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Experiencer
Have you considered becoming a disaster rescue worker? That would put you in the middle of the things you describe so you can explore this aspect of yourself and what it means to you.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:51 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralKid
Hey I'm seb and im 14 years old and just sharing my 1st post

I don't know why but I just don't feel scared of death. I've had a near death experience before but when it happened i just knew i wasn't going to get hurt badly.
the way it happened was, it was high tide and i was on the rocky part of the beach trying to go onto the main beach but a wave hit me while crossing and i got smashed onto the rocky wall then onto the rocks and nearly got dragged out to sea but my dad saved me and i only ended up getting a couple of cuts which is really lucky.
But what i mean by not fearing death is that i want tornadoes to happen,to have hurricanes blow everything away, to have earthquakes tremble and smash the buildings,
to have a tsunami wash everything up and to have a volcano erupt and burst into the sky.
its not the imagination of watching things be destroyed but instead to experience what is like and to feel the pain that other people are going through and to be able to survive and to just get rid of the stuff destroying the environment and let the environment live stronger. ive always wanted just to live and explore just a forest of green grass and animals around but thats just a fantasy that only everyone can achieve by making it happen

Seb out =P

In a play, several decades back on the BBC, about the plague in Eyam, Derbyshire, UK, the undertaker was wheeling his cart and collecting the bodies of the recently departed. He asked his young assistant "You afraid of death, boy?" to which the lad replied "No - just of dogs with big teeth."

What is there to fear about death? This world has much more to be afraid of - like dogs with big teeth, drunk drivers, you-name-it.....

But to return to your fantasies, young man. The environment is neutral. It feels nothing for or against us humankind. Nature can not be constrained by our efforts - it will do what it will do despite all we may try to change that. We can affect and we are affecting our environment but nature will always triumph because nature is all pervasive.

Our environment will always prevail. Humankind could badly damage it but only transiently because nature is here for the long haul whereas we'll survive only as long as we don't screw things up so badly that we perish in large numbers - a very distinct possibility.

Even then the survivors would re-populate the earth, no matter how long that might take. Nature isn't concerned about how long - it has forever.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:33 AM
NeutralKid

How do i become a disaster rescue worker? like where do i start? and thank you for the post mac as it has let me learn something new.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:40 AM
Master
I think your just going through what most younger people do, that is dicing with death, they do it all the time, my brother was one, speeding and racing with his car all the time until it killed him.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:02 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralKid
How do i become a disaster rescue worker? like where do i start? and thank you for the post mac as it has let me learn something new.

my pleasure

I don't ever give advice but in your situation I'd feel I'd do best to complete my education - to whatever level that may be - and then begin to look at what I'd like to do as an adult.

One attribute I'd expect any disaster agency to be looking for is a well-rounded individual with a mature, steady, independent, dependable approach to life. Someone who has common sense, can accept direction but who can also think for herself/himself.

With a few more years of emotional, spiritual and physical growth under your belt you may become just that person and in the intervening years there would be nothing to prevent you from monitoring how disasters are handled, to become familiar with the agencies and their operations. The web should provide loads of information.....

I hope these remarks have been supportive.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Experiencer
Go to your local fire department...I think you have friends and brothers waiting there with open arms...
Old 08-09-2011, 02:24 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinoftheMoor
Go to your local fire department...I think you have friends and brothers waiting there with open arms...

I'm in Hudsport....
Old 14-09-2011, 09:55 PM
derfasdv

dont be afraid of death, death is a natural thing
Old 15-09-2011, 02:39 AM
Seeker

I greatly admire you, because death terrifies me!! :)