Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 10-03-2016, 03:53 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon_Glow
Hey Clover!

Just an FYI - I worked for Clinique several years back and was taught in a skincare class that Apricot Scrubs - while they do exfoliate - their "beads" are not round, but rough and cause tiny tears in the skin - irritating those who are already sensitive.

If you like these kinds of scrubs - try and find one with perfectly round beads as they do not puncture the skin.

On a side not - anything with little beads in it is very dangerous for the environment - these pellets do not disintegrate and pollute the ocean causing terrible pollution... the fish try and eat them and end up dying...

Also EWG.ORG is a FANTASTIC resource for information on beauty products, food and much more.

Ah, well that's nice you worked at Clinique. You must know all the secret beauty tricks, and YIKES about causing tears in the skin, that could explain some tiny unhealed acne wounds from my past ( my face is clear for the most part).I used it like religion in my earlier days. It's a fantastic dirt remover, I do use netrogena facial scrubs/cleaners too, but good to know about the apricot beads.

Great link, thanks for sharing.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:08 PM
Suspended

Tea Tree oil is a very good natural remedy for the occasional face blemish...Thankfully I have clear skin so it's extremely rare I have breakouts...

For hair I'm partial to Dr. Bronner's Hemp Pure Castile Soap (I like the Peppermint and Lavender scents...) All of the ingredients are organic and all natural... I often mix it in with a rosemary/mint shampoo I use as an "enhancer" of sorts. The scent is quite divine...

One time I was using the Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap to scrub my face and I got some in my eye. OMG! My eyeball felt like an ice-cube! The peppermint stuff is very potent... XP
Old 12-03-2016, 11:30 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnia
Tea Tree oil is a very good natural remedy for the occasional face blemish...Thankfully I have clear skin so it's extremely rare I have breakouts...

For hair I'm partial to Dr. Bronner's Hemp Pure Castile Soap (I like the Peppermint and Lavender scents...) All of the ingredients are organic and all natural... I often mix it in with a rosemary/mint shampoo I use as an "enhancer" of sorts. The scent is quite divine...

One time I was using the Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap to scrub my face and I got some in my eye. OMG! My eyeball felt like an ice-cube! The peppermint stuff is very potent... XP

Lol oops. Loving these tips. I see that Dr.Bronners has almost perfect reviews. I may have to purchase some today. I know not all products work for everyone, but I am looking for natural products at the moment and willing to experiment.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:33 AM
Deactivated Account

Oh yes I did do this to my face

I tested this at home about a month ago. All products I used were organic. It left a really fantastic glow on my face. I really liked this, unfortunately, coconut does give me a breakout. Even if I eat it, which is really unfortunate, because I LOVE coconut. I can imagine if you have sensitive skin this may not work for you. The possibility of the sugar causing scratches to sensitive skin is a possibility.

redface:
Old 12-03-2016, 03:26 PM
Suspended

@ Clover - Yep, Dr. Bronner's is excellent but it is rather expensive when you buy it upfront. However, you don't need to use very much of it so in a way, it's probably cheaper in the long run depending on how much you use. For my case, if I'm using the 32 oz bottle, I'll add a few drops to the shampoo I use and it can last me for nearly 2 years (LOL). If I use it for other things such as face/body wash, or in a hot bath it lasts closer to a year...
Old 13-03-2016, 11:11 AM
Knower

Rosemary essential oil
I mix it with my shampoo, and it helps reducing dandruff and hair fall. Smells good too.

Geranium essential oil, usually mixed with grapeseed oil (2-3% dillution)
keeps bugs away in natural way.

Coconut oil / Virgin coconut oil
mixed with rosemary essential oil, for hair moisturizer (i have dry hair)

Shea butter + flower wax + honey for hand cream
Old 13-03-2016, 02:41 PM
Pathfinder
Number one, I believe healing comes from the inside out.
We cured my sons asthma (by 90%), his add, ocd ticks, as excema by adjusting his diet and removing some common foods that he can not tolerate. (We follow a paleo diet now)

My asthma that I've had since childhood was remedied by removing preservatives.

For occasional asthma symptoms, peppermint, and eucalyptus essential oil do the trick.

For viruses and infections, I love to hate raw garlic. Hard on the stomach, even harder on the virus. You will see improvement within 24 hours!

The oil cleansing method cleared up my acne by 98%, and proper diet took care of the other 2.

Stomach issues: activated charcoal and aloe Vera plant.
Old 13-03-2016, 06:17 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Oh, I bought some yesterday! Dr. Bronners, all in one hemp lavender pure castle bar soap. I'll have to test it out for a whole week tho. I love all the organic ingredients. The problem is, the smell is hard to adjust to,even though its lavender has a weird minty smell. Must clean well lol

Oh Shea butter is fantastic. Gives my skin a good glow in the summer. Me likes.

Oh my. I cook with a lot of garlic. I hope that is enough.

It's still good for you, definitely! But to get the full antiviral anti fungal and antibiotic properties of it, and kick an illness, it needs to be raw and unprocessed. Mixing with guacamole and hummus really helps, but then to get enough, it's basically your entire diet while you're sick. So I just mince and swallow with some orange juice.
Old 17-03-2016, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator
My favourite natural remedy has to be tincture of Echinacea Angustifolia. Many times it has helped against things it isn't even popularly used for.

Another one I like is Friar's Balsam. And another ....raw garlic.

Between the three of them, that's just about everything licked! (for me anyway) LOL
Old 21-03-2016, 06:45 AM
Master
My favorite natural home remedy is sleep.