Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-01-2011, 06:38 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
What is your point?
What have you looked and saw.............?
That there is no Din, no thoughts, no reality?
Is that your point?
If so, thank you for sharing..........

Yes, there is no Din, but there are thoughts

there are thoughts of a Din, and these are seen for what they are, just thoughts

there are thoughts of reality, but there is also this aware space in which these thoughts of reality appear

what is that?

except perhaps reality itself

here's another question for you

what is the difference between your mind and "universal mind" or the "mind of God"?
Old 20-01-2011, 06:42 PM
din

what if your mind is really the universal mind, the ground of being, the big Cahuna

how would Eckhart's expression "Felt sense of Oneness" fit into that?

would you come to realize that the entire cosmos is a figment of your imagination?
Old 20-01-2011, 06:44 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verunia
An interpretation of reality is still reality. Worded differently, I suppose. I think thoughts have to be interpretations, as we are experiencing an object or a thing in our mind and therefore we assimilate the words to explain it.

Reality too is a mental derivative from something else. What, I'm not really sure.

Eckhart Tolle says we're usually more interesting in the forms that appear in the present moment than with the present moment itself.

What does he mean by that?

Does he mean that our own minds are the present moment?
Old 20-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Master
See ya Din..............sorry, you'll have to ask someone else.
Thanks for posting..
Old 20-01-2011, 06:46 PM
jiraiyaNOmonogatari

Quote:
Originally Posted by din
Lisa, I wasn't talking about my manhood.

lol.
Old 20-01-2011, 06:47 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
Very clever, first you devalue thinking, then you push my "think" button.

most of the time we think from this point of view of "me" which is really my center, who i think i am

why did Jeff Foster call his website "Life without a center"

why do the Buddhists say "No self, no problem"?
Old 20-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by din
Eckhart Tolle says we're usually more interesting in the forms that appear in the present moment than with the present moment itself.

Eckhart Tolle also promotes the 'Power of Now', a really popular new age ideology. The book is even in Oprah Winfrey's book club! So really, if these types of things are something you'd like to talk about, I'd rather hear your questions and your beliefs over something you took out of a book.
Old 20-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Lisa

Originally Posted by din
Lisa, I wasn't talking about my manhood.

I don't blame ya.
Old 20-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Lisa

din-Eckhart Tolle says we're usually more interesting in the forms that appear in the present moment than with the present moment itself.

No.
Old 20-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verunia
Eckhart Tolle also promotes the 'Power of Now', a really popular new age ideology.

The Power of Now is not a new age ideology.
It is a practical, spiritual teaching.

The book is even in Oprah Winfrey's book club! So really, if these types of things are something you'd like to talk about, I'd rather hear your questions and your beliefs over something you took out of a book.

ECKHART TOLLE I WISH YOU NEVER WOULD HAVE BECOME POPULAR AS POPULARITY IS AKIN TO DIMISSING AND DEVALUING YOUR TEACHING, AS WELL AS YOUR 'SELF'. HOW COME THE HOPE DIAMOND IS POPULAR BUT DOES NOT DIMINISH IN VALUE AND A SPIRITUAL MASTER WHO BECOMES POPULAR DOES?

THERE'S A PREDJUDICE HERE, THAT'S INSANE.

(no offense Verunia, but this has brought up a number of times.)