Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 01-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Master
Thing is Portto, I think saying 'one being' is real/exists/actual and 'individuation' is real/exists/actual...is fine.

I also think that saying 'one being' is imaginary/illusion/appeatance and 'individuation' is imaginary/illusion/appearance.... is fine.

Its consistent either way. Where there is one there is the other. Not a problem. Where there is one there is many. If we want to say that the one is an illusion then the many is an illusion. Not a problem.

But saying that 'being' is real and 'individuation' is imaginary/illusion/appearance....is not fine. It sets up a very odd dynamic and duality. Not to mention the difficulties of explaining how father christmas is even less existent and real than stuff that already isnt existent or real. The other day I got some heat for suggesting that you are saying that one is more real/existent/actual than the other, when you clearly are saying that.

The form and formless are not separate. One is not more real than the other. The formless is as existent or as illusionary as the form. If there is one there is also many of the one - the one is constituted of both form and formless, and the manyness of the one are constituted of both form and formless.

'Individuation' is not a problem. Oneness is Truth, yet so is Individuality. A problem (which I think we basically agree one) is the idea of autonomous existence, volition, control, and independent power. I would say that these are illusions and appearances which come with the belief that 'I exist'. I dont see the actual ever changing individual in which this belief arises as an issue though any more than I see Creation itself as an issue.

Last edited by andrew g : 01-11-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
'Real' - exists.

So, if something is believed to be real, it is believed to exist.

Belief is wonder ful eh. I have found it easier and in a way comforting to believe things and found it more fun and in a way closed minded to disbelieve things :) Balance is key
Old 01-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by genga
Belief is wonder ful eh. I have found it easier and in a way comforting to believe things and found it more fun and in a way closed minded to disbelieve things :) Balance is key

I also resonate with the idea of 'balance' very much.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Suspended

Yeah picking and choosing what to believe and disbelieve in is helpful in building some confidence in one's personality self for one can decide from the infinite ideas/truths/opinions out there which ones add to the expression of one's life. A wonderful privilege to be a human. "edit* That's my understanding of the idea of balance in this context.

Last edited by genga : 02-11-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:18 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Imagination is real.. i can imagine that Andrew agrees with everything i believe.. the process of creating such imagery, is 'real', but.. there is no corresponding actuality.. the 'appearances' that are conjured by my imagination do not survive within an interconnected continuum, they appear and vanish with the whims of my mind's choices of imagery.. unlike the reality we exist in, the continuity and consequence of actuality.. Imagination is brilliant inspiration, however..

Be well..
Old 02-11-2010, 02:17 AM
Portto

Quote:
Am I misinterpreting?

Yes.

Quote:
Ok. So you think being is real....ok.

So, I keep telling you that the concept of "real" appears in being, and then you imagine I'm thinking being is real!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:19 AM
Portto

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Imagination is brilliant inspiration, however..

Yes it is!
(until it runs amok)
Old 02-11-2010, 07:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portto
Yes.

So, I keep telling you that the concept of "real" appears in being, and then you imagine I'm thinking being is real!

Yes, you are saying the concept of 'real' appears in being which means you are saying there IS 'being' i.e. you are making 'being' actual, existent, real. Which is fine. But then you are making a whole bunch of other stuff less actual.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Imagination is real.. i can imagine that Andrew agrees with everything i believe.. the process of creating such imagery, is 'real', but.. there is no corresponding actuality.. the 'appearances' that are conjured by my imagination do not survive within an interconnected continuum, they appear and vanish with the whims of my mind's choices of imagery.. unlike the reality we exist in, the continuity and consequence of actuality.. Imagination is brilliant inspiration, however..

Be well..

I agree that within the context of there being a reality, imagination is real. I also agree that life is constantly changing.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portto
Yes it is!
(until it runs amok)

So, you also consider imagination to be a reality then.....just not the stuff that is imagined....