Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-12-2012, 01:26 AM
Humm

Are you asking which is better, diversity or unity?

Both have their points, I think.

I imagine it might change the dynamic here. Couldn't say if that would be good or bad.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
Are you asking which is better, diversity or unity?

Both have their points, I think.

Welcome back Humm I did say hello on another thread but not sure you saw it :)
I dont feel we could avoid diversity if we tried ... culture, language, belief systems, religion, age, gender, lifestyle, occupation, personalities, understandings, etc etc etc ... its all here

I feel that SF is fairly unified in a sense ... a diverse group of people forming one community ...
Old 02-12-2012, 03:37 AM
Humm

Hello Sound, thanks for the welcome.

As usual, I like the way you think.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
A thousand thank yous Chadley :) Hope all is well for you and yours MG your avatar brings up some feelings of nostalgia for me :) xx

I'm happier in Colorado than I've ever been anywhere else in my life.... this place nurtures my soul in the most wonderful ways. There are still things to work out... still have changes I need to make, but moving here was the best decision I could have made from where I was.

As for the consent option... Humm. I like the idea... lol. But I'm actually glad that FB doesn't have a 'dislike' or dissent button. I feel that if you dislike or disagree with something enough to 'voice' your opinion you should also be willing to explain it. I don't feel 'liking' something requires explanation as much as disliking something.

And Amy, the enlarged egos that you mentioned... well, I feel they'll be around regardless.

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 02-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Humm

Looking back I did mention 'dissent', didn't I.

No, I quite agree, a 'Like' button alone would be adequate to the task.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Goose
I'm happier in Colorado than I've ever been anywhere else in my life.... this place nurtures my soul in the most wonderful ways. There are still things to work out... still have changes I need to make, but moving here was the best decision I could have made from where I was.

Beautiful! I am glad you are content MG ... moving is huge on all levels
Old 02-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Beautiful! I am glad you are content MG ... moving is huge on all levels

Hope you're doing well too, sound... I always wish you the best for you!

But I have to say that being back here and posting feels reeeeeeeeeeeally bizarre to me. It's so much a part of my past... part of who I USED to be... and yet so much of it all is just not here. When the board was reset to back before the massive expansion of my Nest... it wiped out so much of my epxerience on this board. It doesn't feel like the same place at all anymore. Never mind that many of my later experiences on here were just unpleasant. But I suppose it also has to do with the changes I've undergone over the last 4 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm
Looking back I did mention 'dissent', didn't I.

No, I quite agree, a 'Like' button alone would be adequate to the task.

I LIKE just liking something without having to say anything. It's like smiling at someone to let them know you appreciate their presence.

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 03-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Master
The time will come .
Old 04-08-2020, 11:32 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Enlightened beings are protected from the limited arrows springing from egos
Enlightened folks don't get hurt by the slings and arrows because there's nobody there to get shot.
Xan

Now this is a gem - I understand more since ACIM, A Course In Miracles that I got into Dec 2015! (Kind of by accident, ha, as if.)

Made all the difference - dotted all my i's.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-08-2020, 02:40 AM
Master
I will amend my earlier post as I have discovered that...

Even as we become aware in our enlightened essence, which is beyond hurt, our human aspects may still be vulnerable.

It's just that it doesn't make much difference any more.

Last edited by Xan : 05-08-2020 at 03:56 AM.