Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Would you say, Buzz, that the void is like walking by a store front window and getting a glimpse of the real you and it's like a really bad hair day and you're thinking yikes? Or something like that...

Imagine that your hair turned to snakes and the snakes were really ****ed off and started to turn on you. Hehe.
Maybe I am guilty of thinking that my personal experience is a common one. That can happen.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Master
be
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
My definition : the Void : that place within, that we may tend to run from. We will fill our lives up with people, work, activities so as we never have to confront it. Almost like a garbage disposal of all our fears and frailties.

In my case it has appeared after some major life shifts. Having been living alone for the first time for years I am staring into this dark, cold place in awe of it's intensity. One part of me wants to avoid it and fill myself up with frivolities and entertainment. The prevailing intention is to experience it and move through it.

So what do you thnk? Can you relate to this or am I simply glorifying depression? Go on I can take it.

Does this void feel like depression to you?

What you're describing doesn't sound like an empty 'void' to me, but is full of Stuff... parts of your subsconscious mind you don't want to face because when they originated you didn't know how to deal with them. Now you're stronger and wiser and can learn how.

Unfortunately, until you turn around and learn to accept and release whatever is there it will keep trying to get your attention... like a wound that hasn't healed. Fortunately many people have done this inner work and found the freedom it gives them... me included.

Once this process is well underway you may discover the real Void, which is the peace of the universe in your own being.

Xan

Old 05-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Nada

What you call "Void"... I call it "Inner temple"
This is when and where I rendezvous with my spirits and my higher self.
It is my sanctuary.
I find my peace there.

However, if you are not finding your peace in the quiet space of your life and you feel alone/disconnected, you need to seek what you need.
You need to find a balance between your quiet space and your outter social life.
If you are hiding in your quiet space to avoid the usual social life, you are not giving yourself the love that you deserve.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Henri77

Interesting topic.
I see the void as an opportunity-invitation to create-invite your-our inner reality.

inviting-creating light-love seems a worthy option, that I'd normally choose

But learning to accept the void is also a challenge I'd say, but can be a scary one to face, move through.
Personally,
Seems I need to feel-express/allow love, in order to stick around anyplace for long.
Though recognizing beauty seems to work as well.

(the quote, nature abhors a vacume has many interpretations, but I think is relevant here)
And THIS could be a worthy topic to discuss.....the creative urge within us
Old 05-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
be
Does this void feel like depression to you?

What you're describing doesn't sound like an empty 'void' to me, but is full of Stuff... parts of your subsconscious mind you don't want to face because when they originated you didn't know how to deal with them. Now you're stronger and wiser and can learn how.

Unfortunately, until you turn around and learn to accept and release whatever is there it will keep trying to get your attention... like a wound that hasn't healed. Fortunately many people have done this inner work and found the freedom it gives them... me included.

Once this process is well underway you may discover the real Void, which is the peace of the universe in your own being.

Xan

I call it a void because it feels like staring into a deep, dark chasm. Forboding and unknown. I managed quite well to avoid spending time in it by keeping life in motion. Now that I have had a break in routine I am being directed to confront it.
Yes it is the loose ends and bits and pieces of trauma and emotion that lies beneath. And yes, what I am reacting to now is the release of it. I am getting the idea that this place can be heaven or hell depending on how you approach it.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada
What you call "Void"... I call it "Inner temple"
This is when and where I rendezvous with my spirits and my higher self.
It is my sanctuary.
I find my peace there.

However, if you are not finding your peace in the quiet space of your life and you feel alone/disconnected, you need to seek what you need.
You need to find a balance between your quiet space and your outter social life.
If you are hiding in your quiet space to avoid the usual social life, you are not giving yourself the love that you deserve.
Thanks for that. It is reassuring to know that this place has no inherent properties. It can be all things to everybody. That helps me to break any concept I have of it.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Interesting topic.
I see the void as an opportunity-invitation to create-invite your-our inner reality.

inviting-creating light-love seems a worthy option, that I'd normally choose

But learning to accept the void is also a challenge I'd say, but can be a scary one to face, move through.
Personally,
Seems I need to feel-express/allow love, in order to stick around anyplace for long.
Though recognizing beauty seems to work as well.

(the quote, nature abhors a vacume has many
interpretations, but I think is relevant here)
And THIS could be a worthy topic to discuss.....the creative urge within us

Thanks Henri. I'm glad I raised this as some aspects are really hitting home. I have been touching on and trying to remove the personal significance from what has been arising. When I do this I see the power of this experience de-void of my personal dramas. I am starting to understand that with a bit of housekeeping I can have this place as something other than a house of horrors.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Deactivated Account
I like the void. It's spacious and peaceful. It holds everything we know, see and experience. It's the reality when everything else falls away. Most people never see it because they focus on the 'stuff' i.e form.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
I like the void. It's spacious and peaceful. It holds everything we know, see and experience. It's the reality when everything else falls away. Most people never see it because they focus on the 'stuff' i.e form.

I've long been conscious of it. It has appeared like a holding pen though rather than a spacious place of peace. Maybe it's forboding sense is heightened by circumstances of late but none the less, it gives me the opportunity to explore it and allow it to express itself, if that is what is required.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
I call it a void because it feels like staring into a deep, dark chasm. Forboding and unknown. I managed quite well to avoid spending time in it by keeping life in motion. Now that I have had a break in routine I am being directed to confront it.
Yes it is the loose ends and bits and pieces of trauma and emotion that lies beneath. And yes, what I am reacting to now is the release of it. I am getting the idea that this place can be heaven or hell depending on how you approach it.

I'm wondering if you have two aspects of your consciousness mixed up together, Buzz. The real deep dark chasm is not full of trauma but peace. You're describing fear of the unknown, which disappears when whatever it is becomes known.

Whether it's heaven or hell you can only know by looking more closely into it. This takes courage but is well worth taking the step that gets you out of running and hiding from what is just part of yourself, and makes you stronger and wiser.

Xan