Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 27-01-2012, 03:28 PM
StephenK

Health/Science based podcasts

Lately I've been wonderfully immersed in some of the most interesting interviews on the subject of health related interviews..!

Many of these are cutting-edge researchers into the very core of what's happening in health related research... and as a result, are actively shifting
the paradigm as to how one can inwardly relate to the subject.

We now have at our fingertips, a quickly emerging access, to individualized and self-modulated direct control over our own health destiny. It need-be no longer
a mystery. We are what we eat... and our understanding of this is shifting from the realm of "concept" to that of "observable/interactive participation".

The best way today to be introduced to these folks is to spend some time with them via podcast interviews. And that's what this thread is about.

I want to pass along some of these folks that I'm listening to so that you may have this access to their insight as well!

If anyone knows of podcast along these lines that are purely health related, cutting-edge, and scientifically observable, please feel free to contribute! :^)
Old 27-01-2012, 03:32 PM
StephenK

I want to lead with this most amazing doctor! Modern medicine gave up on her and was leaving her to slowly die a painful death... but instead she did
her homework and pulled herself out of this mess using diet as her number one tool! This woman is truly a gem!

here's the link to the interview:
http://itsrainmakingtime.com/2012/terrywahls/

<snip>

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-01-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 27-01-2012, 03:55 PM
StephenK

David Wolfe is purely a treat!

He's one of those single people making a huge difference! If you haven't heard about him over the years you will. He essentially launched the Raw
movement, is the trail blazer in relation to "super foods" and their benefits, and has done all this within a scientific framework!

I've listened to about 5 or 6 interviews with him so far and aside from a very few talking points, they are each wonderfully spontaneous and fresh. He
doesn't come loaded with scripts...

I'm posting a search link to a Blog Talk Radio site that has a whole bunch of interviews with David. A lot of the interviewers are notably amateur but
this brings a bit of freshness, spontaneity and enjoyability to the interviews as well! David embraces all these with humor and with the warmest of empathy!

Pick any interview from the collection from this site... each one is different and has it's unique bit of informational magic. :^)

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/search/david-wolfe/
Old 29-01-2012, 04:47 PM
StephenK

So why would you want to be Wheat free? Perhaps the better question is why would you want to keep eating it! Explore the gut raking effects of
having wheat in ones diet, and free yourself from a number of ailments by passing that isle in the grocery store altogether!

The Benefits of Becoming Wheat-Free

http://itsrainmakingtime.com/2011/williamdavis/

<snip>

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-01-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old 29-01-2012, 10:54 PM
StephenK

Another incredible interview on the subject of wheat!

Gluten Sensitivity and Celiac Disease with Dr. Thomas O'Bryan

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/undergroundwellness/2010/07/08/gluten-sensitivity-and-celiac-disease-with-dr-thom

Dr. Thomas O'Bryan visits Underground Wellness Radio to discuss the physiologic and neurologic effects of wheat and other grains on the entire
body. Topics will include the difference between gluten sensitivity and Celiac disease, the effect of gluten on the brain and nervous system, and the
surprising variety of symptoms of gluten sensitivity that are outside of the intestines. Dr. Tom's DVD, "Unlocking the Mystery of Wheat & Gluten
Intolerance", can be found on his website, www.thedr.com.
Old 30-01-2012, 01:19 AM
DebbyM

Hey there Stephen. I listened to Dr. Gonzalez's interview and thought it was good. He made some interesting comments on it and the most interesting point I thought he made was how everyone honors the doctors who have a 2% success rate and in no other industry would that happen! Too true and definitely too bizarre.

I haven't gotten to the others but evenings are only so long and my attention span is shorter still. But tomorrow, there's always tomorrow....
Old 30-01-2012, 02:23 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM
He made some interesting comments on it and the most interesting point I thought he made was how everyone honors the doctors who have a 2% success rate and in no other industry would that happen! Too true and definitely too bizarre.

Thank you for checking-in Debby!

How about those plaques at the hospital in honor of those, whose families donated large sums of money after the hospital had essentially killed their loved ones via
"treatments"! The size of the plaque reflected the amount of each donation... While those who worked at the hospital had nicknamed these plaques as those
of the "The Grateful Dead"! Creepy stuff!!

Quote:
I haven't gotten to the others but evenings are only so long and my attention span is shorter still. But tomorrow, there's always tomorrow....

The reason I've been listening to so many of these lately is that I downloaded these to my computer and then uploaded them to an mp3 player... now I get to
listen while working... it's like making my study-time portable! I now eagerly look forward to going to work so I can spend the day studying about health!! :^)

I'll likely be adding a lot more in the future... there are so many podcasts out there that are wonderfully insightful and game-changing!! And I love how these
interviewers actually allow the interviewee plenty of time to flesh-out the info they have to share... we don't get much of this kind of a rich exchange anymore from national TV!
Old 30-01-2012, 02:42 AM
StephenK

Now this one was interestingly unique! Whether you're interested in Paleo or not this was a very empathic exploration as to how to introduce your
children and/or spouse to an alternative way of eating. Her advice is amazingly thoughtful and respectful, of those who are under our care!

Everyday Paleo with Sarah Fragoso

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/undergroundwellness/2011/02/25/everyday-paleo-with-sarah-fragoso

Sarah Fragoso, author of Everyday Paleo, stops by UW Radio to discuss the behavioral and psychological components of health
and wellness for the entire family.

Here's her website if you're interested in learning more about the Paleo approach to eating:
http://everydaypaleo.com/

And here's another great Paleo site!

Mark's Daily Apple
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/
Old 30-01-2012, 03:28 AM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
Thank you for checking-in Debby!

How about those plaques at the hospital in honor of those, whose families donated large sums of money after the hospital had essentially killed their loved ones via
"treatments"! The size of the plaque reflected the amount of each donation... While those who worked at the hospital had nicknamed these plaques as those
of the "The Grateful Dead"! Creepy stuff!!

The reason I've been listening to so many of these lately is that I downloaded these to my computer and then uploaded them to an mp3 player... now I get to
listen while working... it's like making my study-time portable! I now eagerly look forward to going to work so I can spend the day studying about health!! :^)

I'll likely be adding a lot more in the future... there are so many podcasts out there that are wonderfully insightful and game-changing!! And I love how these
interviewers actually allow the interviewee plenty of time to flesh-out the info they have to share... we don't get much of this kind of a rich exchange anymore from national TV!

I was listening to the Dr. Gonzalez interview while I was making supper. Turn it up and get busy 'slingin' hash'. It was great and I was inspired.

As a little anecdote, ever since I had the flu, I've been really focused on fresh fruits and veggies and including more salads and smoothies and this evening my husband mentioned that he doesn't seem to be feeling as much discomfort from the chronic muscle pain(inflammation) that has bothered him for years. It wasn't that long ago (pre-flu) that he was telling me how it seems like anywhere that he presses on his muscles, it hurts. So the improved diet is showing signs of being beneficial already. And that's not to say that our diet wasn't pretty good before especially compared to the average North American diet.

As for not getting informatin via national tv, you are so right. From them we get sound bites, reputation killers in 10 words or less and nothing in context!

And what an obvious attempt at manipulation on the part of the large cancer hospitals. I can just picture the doctor strolling down the hall with his new rich patient and family and casually pointing out the plaques and equally casually mentioning that those who give big, get bigger (and more important looking?) plaques. Shameful!

Anyway, it is late here and I'm off to bed. Have a good day tomorrow Stephen.
Old 31-01-2012, 03:43 PM
StephenK

Quote:
I was listening to the Dr. Gonzalez interview while I was making supper. Turn it up and get busy 'slingin' hash'. It was great and I was inspired.

Ewww I love it!! I tell my wife that I'm no longer going to work, but am going off to learn more about how our body goes about its magic! This
podcast addition to my day is amazing... informational exposure on steroids! :^)

Quote:
As a little anecdote, ever since I had the flu, I've been really focused on fresh fruits and veggies and including more salads and smoothies and this evening my husband mentioned that he doesn't seem to be feeling as much discomfort from the chronic muscle pain(inflammation) that has bothered him for years. It wasn't that long ago (pre-flu) that he was telling me how it seems like anywhere that he presses on his muscles, it hurts. So the improved diet is showing signs of being beneficial already. And that's not to say that our diet wasn't pretty good before especially compared to the average North American diet.

And it only gets better from here!! My wife and I were in a lot of physical trouble, and it was steadily getting worse. Once we latched on to this more
intelligent approach (eliminating sugars, grains, processed foods of all kinds... then adding whole foods, organic, and now "super foods") we
watched these problems fade away to the point where we feel wonderfully grounded, clean, sharp, almost child like.... I'm happily startled at the complete
turn-around we're being exposed to quite naturally and simply through a integrity-rich food and nutrient specific approach! :^)

Quote:
As for not getting informatin via national tv, you are so right. From them we get sound bites, reputation killers in 10 words or less and nothing in context!

Here's a great video on the subject brought to us by Amy Goodman with the Democracy Now broadcast! Amy Goodman is a long time hero of mine!
and Michael is one of those early trailblazers into exploring what's been culturally happening to our consciousness when it comes to nutrition!

Michael Pollan's: "Don't Buy Any Food You've Ever Seen Advertised".
Democracy Now 5/14/09

Parts one and two of the interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV6z_ANDvdY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyjjsRtklXo

I'll be starting another thread, likely later today, to introduce those interested to Dr Mercola. He is currently the gold standard in relation
to the latest information on health... the man is amazing... and perhaps a modern day god-send! :^)