Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 30-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
It becomes very taxing to wade through for other members who aren't interested in reading the psychoanalysis of other members. I came to this thread to read about and possibly contribute (!) to the question of "What IS Love?".

I dunno, might take the pressure off of members feeling judged, make it easier and more welcoming to contribute. etc.

*thumbs up*
Old 30-12-2011, 10:28 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Bear
Hi Tzu, that was a very intricate reflection of an energy based equation, which highlighted accurate knowledge and understanding regarding those energy processes. But my first impression was one of detachment, detachment from the authenticity of what feelings manifest as. Everything in the universe is energy based, but what separates life`s experience in consciousness, from base energy resonances, is what is `felt`. So to compare a resonance frequency which may source feelings, as more energetically relevant than the feelings themselves, is to detach from the very essence those feelings supply.

I cannot avoid recognition that in a topic defining Love, you make no personal reflection of its manifested effects in your own experience. I understand the silence, bliss and stillness that may supply personal contentment, but Love is a shared experience. And though its resonance frequency in flow may harmonize with like resonances, life experiences it in a more manifest way.

Love is more generally recognized as a shared emotion, which is another word missing from your analysis. If surveyed how many in 7 billion human beings would define their experience of love as an emotional connection, and how many as a resonance frequency and would the obvious majority be living in an illusion, because they factor in the nature of their `emotions`. Love is the foundation of relationships and those relationships have evolved humanity more, than any intellectuality, because they demonstrate how we may share `sameness` as human beings.

You referenced the word `soul` what is that in resonance frequency, part of the `mass` of Einstein, or beyond it and his equation? Yet it takes a source placement in the essence of `feeling`. I sense coldness in your determination of what love is, a rationality which misses the plain nature of both its shared experience and its non-local Spiritual source reflection. I mean no offense or meaningless criticism for this is my honest reaction to your reflection.

I know love as an essential expression of connectivity, in this life and beyond its physics and form. I recognize a shared love which some call soul-mate, in a relationship my wife and I share which began long before this human life in which we met. When you associate with affection, to the `wholeness` I interpret mass in universal equation, when I reflect Spiritual `oneness` I reflect a Spirit that is the essence of love, as a shared `oneness`. And in comparison the universal mass, is a time contained blip, in an eternal bliss which has no limitation.

So there is a comparison for discussion’s sake, a kneejerk reaction on my part to your well thought out and presented reflection. I understand resonance frequencies from within my experience, but they are not the emotions which manifest as love, they may be the vehicle that allows the recognition in experience, but they are not the experience itself as it manifests within human nature. In other natures, now that’s another experience, but within the human experience, love is a manifestation of emotional connectivity. May I ask, and you may not answer, are you a Father?
Hi PB: First, i would like to refer you to the first line of my post: "Love, as I understand the word’s fundamental meaning is ‘resonant frequencies of energy’..".. your analysis has merit, in as much as the mechanics of Love are involved, but.. i have not approached any real level of my personal understandings, my intention is to examine the 'fundamentals' of Love, so that we can better understand our 'personal' interpretations.. i am seeking the common element related to people's use of the word..

Second, yes i am a proud and loving father of two amazing beings.. but, i am not yet prepared to get into personal preferences for using the word 'Love'.. i am more interested, at the moment, in why we use that particular word so broadly, or.. as in some people's preferences they believe that what the word 'Love' means is "everything", and.. i am interested why they choose that perspective..

For now, though, i am content in watching.. oh, wait a minute, there is this by hybrid:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
Love is the fundamendal frequency that resonates (harmonically) with all things from THUS the saying "love is all there is" originates.
I think it is important to note that the application of the word 'Love' as a "frequency that resonates (harmonically) with all things" is arbitrary according to the observer's choice believe that this is accurate.. that belief, however, might well be the source of the expression..

Be well..

Last edited by TzuJanLi : 31-12-2011 at 02:17 AM.
Old 31-12-2011, 01:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
That's given me an idea for everyone

Perhaps it would be best if this "peer review" idea was to go to polite private messaging, in order that the thread continue to be about "what is love" and not the public analysis of what other members said about "what is love". It's a discussion forum, not a peer review forum.

It becomes very taxing to wade through for other members who aren't interested in reading the psychoanalysis of other members. I came to this thread to read about and possibly contribute (!) to the question of "What IS Love?".

I dunno, might take the pressure off of members feeling judged, make it easier and more welcoming to contribute. etc.

"what is love" is an inquiry for truth.
if you notice the OP is very scientific and analytical in its delivery. using language of physics and its dynamic processes.

i notice some people hate the word wrong here because of the belief that there is no right and wrong or evil and good, that these are personal subjective preferences . i don't share this belief and if its a mistake to censure someone who stands for what is right. if we take away our sense of right and wrong , we take away what ever rationality is left in this forum.

my reply wasn't a psychoanalysis. it was a simple explanation as to why those words like wrong , not true keep popping up thus never consider that it should be pm.
Old 31-12-2011, 02:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
I think it is important to note that the application of the word 'Love' as a "frequency that resonates (harmonically) with all things" is arbitrary according to the observer's choice believe that this is accurate.. that belief, however, might well be the source of the expression..

Be well..

in one swoop statement you have introduced the concept of freewill and then the source. which in itself are difficult concepts. much more how it is related to love as you have defined it. you started with an attempt to define love in a metaphysical/ontological way ( i.e. objective) then suddenly switch to and mixed it up with subjectivity again, so pls be patient as a probe to what you are saying here.

as i was saying love as a resonance is not enough to define love becasue some of it;s aspect is left unexplained by pure resonance theory. if it's just resonance, how do you explain the statement i love you even if i don't resonate with you?

when i say love is a fundamental frequency that make resonance (the connection ) possible, it means that universal love is possible and happens in the fundamental level of reality, since it's the fundamental vibrations that is responsible for all creation. how is this different from what you are saying?

it simply mean at the fundamental frequency, there is nothing but resonance. how could that be arbitrary??
Old 31-12-2011, 02:28 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
"what is love" is an inquiry for truth.
if you notice the OP is very analytical in its delivery. using language of physics and its dynamic processes.

people hate the word wrong hear because of the belief that there is no right and wrong or evil and good, that these are personal subjective preferences .

i don't share this belief and if its a mistake to censure someone who stands for what is right. if we take away our sense of right and wrong , we take away what ever rationality is left in this forum.

my reply wasn't a psychoanalysis. it was a simple explanation as to why those words like wrong , not true keep popping up thus never consider that it should be pm.
Hi hybrid: Yes,i agree, there is a 'right and wrong' within certain contexts.. if i give you three keys, and only one key will open the necessary lock, there will only be one 'right' key for opening the lock, but you can try the wrong keys if you choose.. now, if i intend to drive from Orlando, Florida to Monterrey, California, the route i choose will be suitable for me, but maybe not suitable for someone else.. and, the subjects of 'good/evil', i suggest, are completely arbitrary..

Be well..
Old 31-12-2011, 02:29 AM
Master
Quote:

well, i just "correct" what i think is the wrong analysis by lisa in my statement when she said what i said is not true. i don't usually use those words unless provoked. we all wanted to have a nice chat with everyone as much a possible
Old 31-12-2011, 02:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Greetings..

Hi hybrid: Yes,i agree, there is a 'right and wrong' within certain contexts.. if i give you three keys, and only one key will open the necessary lock, there will only be one 'right' key for opening the lock, but you can try the wrong keys if you choose.. now, if i intend to drive from Orlando, Florida to Monterrey, California, the route i choose will be suitable for me, but maybe not suitable for someone else.. and, the subjects of 'good/evil', i suggest, are completely arbitrary..

Be well..

so everything has it's proper place.
that is not arbitrary. arbitrary is whimsical and capricious, but we have basis and standards for what is right and wrong, evil and good. as a matter of fact all our disagreement is a struggle for what is right and true. otherwise we wouldn't bother to argue.
Old 31-12-2011, 02:36 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I agree that love Is all there Is hybrid .

Fear, hate, sufferings, jealousies, ego, the bogie man are all manifestations of love manipulated Into unique expressions .

You cannot add or subtract from all there Is . Love just changes form and expresses accordingly so .

x dazzle x
Hi GL: No, darkness is all there is.. it is all that has ever been, or will be.. at night, or in the darkest places, trun out the light and darkness is always present, silently and patiently waiting to be revealed.. it is necessary to manufacture Light, but darkness is the natural state of the Cosmos.. Light is temporary and dependent upon an external force for its existence, 'Darkness' is ever-present..

Be well..
Old 31-12-2011, 02:46 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
so everything has it's proper place.
that is not arbitrary. arbitrary is whimsical and capricious, but we have basis and standards for what is right and wrong, evil and good. as a matter of fact all our disagreement is a struggle for what is right and true. otherwise we wouldn't bother to argue.
That is your 'arbitrary' interpretation.. i found a description of 'arbitrariness' that is a fairly accurate description of my understanding of the function of 'arbitrary'.. right and wrong can be demonstrated to be functional values within specific contexts, but.. 'good/evil' are arbitrary values based on desirability or lack thereof.. within one culture's value system, something held to be 'good' might 'evil' in another culture's value system..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Arbitrariness is a term given to choices and actions subject to individual will, judgment or preference, based solely upon an individual's opinion or discretion.[1][2]
Arbitrary decisions are not necessarily the same as random decisions. For example, during the 1973 oil crisis, Americans were allowed to purchase gasoline only on odd-numbered days if their license plate was odd, and on even-numbered days if their license plate was even. The system was well-defined and not random in its restrictions; however, since license plate numbers are completely unrelated to a person's fitness to purchase gasoline, it was still an arbitrary division of people. Similarly, schoolchildren are often organized by their surname in alphabetical order, a non-random yet still arbitrary method, at least in cases where surnames are irrelevant.

Do you believe "everything has its proper place"?

Be well..
Old 31-12-2011, 03:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Greetings..

Love, as I understand the word’s fundamental meaning is ‘resonant frequencies of energy’.. resonance frequencies can be resonant between tangible manifestations or intangible feelings at any point on the spectrum, light to dark or positive to negative.. Those conditions that produce harmonic resonance also increase energetic coherence within our physical being and its own individualized complex energetics.. when physical and spiritual energies experience coherence, resonance, and entrainment., a transrational and transpersonal shift occurs, and we describe it favorably, often as ‘Love”.. by that I mean that the word ‘Love’, as I have observed its usage, is invoked when there are conditions that we favor, and that we find worthy of replicating and recommending..

Quoted below is a common understanding of the word “resonance” from Wikipedia, and I’m not inclined to facilitate a physics lesson, but.. I do want to point out an interesting relationship relative to resonance.. when energetic systems vibrate at “resonance frequencies”, the system stores vibrational energy and creating ‘good vibes’.. by storing the vibrational energy created from resonance, the system not only enhances its own energetic health and well-being, but.. stored resonance energy is more easily usable by system in other applications, such as healing, cooperation, and communication.. resonance is generally related to a system’s natural conditions, from which it is understandable that ‘Love’ would also be a natural condition..

To further add consistency to the exploration of a fundamental meaning of the word ‘Love’, I would like to offer some of my own understandings and the reasoning for the understandings.. I understand that matter, physical matter, is energy that is vibrating at frequencies that produce form, shape and mass.. I add this understanding to help understand the relationship between energetic resonance and ‘Love’.. below is the Wikipedia entry for “mass-energy equivalence”, included as a reference for the terms and phrases I use.. I favor Wikipedia’s entries as a reasonably accurate accounting of a subject’s common meaning, and its actual relationship with the Life in which are participatants..

From this description of the ‘mass-energy equivalence’, it is reasonable to conclude that the mass and matter that we identify as our body is in fact a symphony of energies vibrating at frequencies that behave in accordance with the influences that shape those energies, and.. the most notable and influential is the self-awareness of our individuality, our individualized Consciousness and its awareness of its relationship with Life.. our individuality is identifiable as a unique signature of energetic frequencies, or as I yield to a more artsy description, our unique ‘Soul Song’.. So we, our energetic signatures, exist in a sea of energy.. an undetectable medium, because we are it.. a useful conceptualization is that this ‘energetic signature’ is a cohesive unit of self-aware energy in a sea of undifferentiated energy.. like ice-cubes in liquid water, different states of the same substance, ‘water’..

This energetic resonance we describe as ‘Love’ is created from the experiences, the genetic inclinations, and the social and cultural programming of the experiencer(s).. Here’s the cool thing, ‘experiences’, direct personal pure experiences, will over-ride inclinations and programming.. experiences are the most random variable in this somewhat ‘sterile’ description (it gets better).. so, experiences, both spontaneous and crafted, are constantly modifying our ‘energetic signatures’, the ‘symphony’ of energies, our ‘Soul Song’, that is our unique perspective, our being-ness in this existence.. this ‘energetic signature’ is Who/What we are as manifested points of reference and perspective.. it exists in a sea of Cosmic Energy, like the ice-cube in water, same stuff/different energetic frequencies..

So, here we are, cohesive units of self-aware energy vibrating at frequencies that produce form, shape, and mass.. As this energetic being that we are experiences its existence, those experiences inspire energetic resonance or energetic dissonance along a scale ranging from the total rejection of dissonance to the total acceptance of resonance, and.. we have cultivated various idiosyncrasies of language to account for the ‘feelings’ we have when we experience resonance or dissonance.. from the descriptions of resonance previously, where there is a stored excess of resonance energy, that stored excess promotes a cascading energetic effect on the being that is experiencing the resonance energies, and it inspires a blissful, joyful, healthy, holistic feeling, which we have crafted words and phrases to describe, like ‘Love’.. ‘Love’, as various levels of energetic resonance, can be as simple as the resonant experience with a pet, or a taste (I ‘Love’ a juicy ripe peach).. ‘Love’ can also be a whole being resonance with another unique being, a ‘soul-mate’ relationship.. or, as so many seek, ‘Love’ can be resonance with the ‘prime’ Universal frequency, the Om/Aum Cosmic vibration.. in each case, the fundamental cause is an alignment of energetic frequencies that result in a coherent and resonant energetic relationship, and the feelings of bliss, and joy, and well-being, and sense of Life lived in a symbiotic relationship with itself..

While there are genetic inclinations, externally programmed influences, and your life’s history of personal experiences.. ‘You’ are free to choose how you apply these influences, you are free to suspend the effects of these influences.. you are free to experience your relationship with this physical existence and with other unique beings however you choose.. Consider those relationships where there is an initial ‘resonance’, where you have an energetic attraction, but there is also some dissonance.. you ‘choose’ to alter your actions/energetic signature to either produce higher resonance/coherence, or to maintain status quo, or to reject the relationship.. but, you ‘choose’. This same choosing applies to every aspect of our existence, even the choice to not choose.. Love is a choice as much as it is a natural happening, a choice to modify our energies to bring ourselves into alignment with the Life we choose to be, with the truth we choose to see.. and, for some, there is a deep and abiding stillness, a silence at the core of Being, it is with this stillness that the bliss and joy, and completeness find resonance with the energies that we ‘are’, it is from this perspective at the center of our individual Being that we radiate out into our Wholeness..

There is so much variety, diversity, depth and unmanifested potential in our perspectives and understandings, that I am eager to look for creative and diverse ways to use language for describing the variations of resonance and the bliss, joy, and excitement of exploring the Great Mystery of Life.. ‘Love’ seems like such a dimensionless broad-brushing of such a powerfully delicate exploration of the Human Experience, and.. given the range from chaotic dissonance to resonant coherence, as a description, ‘Love’ is both inaccurate and inadequate.. when and why is it appropriate to distinguish between the inspirations for resonance, from the deeply intimate interpersonal relationships, to the silent depths of stillness, to the brilliance of a fall sunset.. what we feel is ‘Love’, what we are is the Energy that inspires the ‘feeling’..

And, it has been my experience and my training that, through understanding this unique energetic signature and the pattern of ‘forces’ that manifest it, we are capable of maintaining the unique energetic ‘pattern’ beyond the physical manifestation.. we, as self-aware cohesive units of conscious energy, can adapt our ‘Soul Songs’ to maintain our self-awareness and our conscious unique relationship with Life beyond the limitations of physical manifestations..

There is no turning back, now that you Know..
Life is the Experience, there's nowhere to go..
you're already there, and there's nothing to fear..
each becomes the other, it's all perfectly clear..
we are just whirlpools, in Life's eternal flow..

Be well..

I mean no disrespect Tzu but this reads to me like what Spoc from Star Trek would say if asked "what is love".
What is love to someone who can't read wikipedia or understand physics or Einstein? They are the ones who may have much to say about the question...IMO.
Just my thoughts.........
Blessings James
Closed Thread