Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 19-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Neville

Indeed, I do avoid the salt laden foods , the sugar laden foods and indeed anything likely to coat the ventricles with plaque. You are quiet correct .

when i was kid, no cooking oil , certainly not sunflower or olive oil had made it over here. stuff was fried in lard, Butter was the spread of choice. Now i only buy the low fat cholesterol busting spreads, though reversing damage would ideally have been better prevented had we been better educated about fond back in the 60s. My kids may enjoy longer lasting physical health given the choices i make now. which is a good thing of course.
Old 19-12-2011, 12:22 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I want to skip a bunch of stuff because I'm already 'sold' ~ so I want to cut to the chase as best I can, to get to practical ideas, suggestions, 'menus'??? How best to do that, would be a big help...

Now this is where it gets interesting and where we're each on our own.. for example, we just bought a cool blender yesterday at Costco (didn't plan on it, it just
happened :^) and now we have to find the kinds of recipes that we'll be happily repeating. This is primarily about taking personal control over the
kinds of things that enter our system.

You can start with the recipes that you're already familiar with and make them "cleaner"... tilt toward organic, get them closer to whole, cut back on the
sweeteners, replacing those with better options (we only use stevia anymore :^)

Then from there you can branch out as so moved.

Here's a couple sites with recipes that we've located so far... :^)

http://www.rawfoods.com/recipes/
http://www.fromsadtoraw.com/RawRecipes.htm
Old 19-12-2011, 12:31 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
My kids may enjoy longer lasting physical health given the choices i make now. which is a good thing of course.

Boy did our parents ever drop the ball on this one! They didn't know of course and the habits they helped instill will likely take some time to
erase... and then corporations that sell the products took full advantage of this process... giving us today a whole grocery store where very little is safe
to eat... we moved forward into a modern age, fell back into a state of growingly disrepair... it's about time we started moving forward again with
a full blend of modern knowledge, mixed comfortably with natures inherent genius, that which created these bodies with this wonderful template toward
maintaining survival and good health... :^)
Old 19-12-2011, 12:34 AM
Master
If only I knew (actually, my mother knew) ~ she had quad bipass @ 50. She 'did all the right things' once she had her first attack ~ but using margarine was a huge mistake ~ the transfats! Nobody seemed to be up on what was going into foods except a few 'weirdos' like Mr. Graham (of graham cracker 'fame')...

Old 19-12-2011, 02:10 AM
StephenK

Quote:
If only I knew (actually, my mother knew) ~ she had quad bipass @ 50. She 'did all the right things' once she had her first attack ~ but using margarine was a huge mistake ~ the transfats! Nobody seemed to be up on what was going into foods except a few 'weirdos' like Mr. Graham (of graham cracker 'fame')...

My dad at 70 had a quad about 2 years ago... I'd been warning him about his diet long before we became as serious as we are now... some things people eat
are just obviously going to be a problem!

I had just noticed that this thread was moved over to "Health"... but then based on some of the posts it certainly looked like this raw food thing was
starting to get controversial... :^)
Old 19-12-2011, 06:02 AM
Master
I hadn't even noticed where this thread started out, tbh!
When my parents were around, margarine was the go-to substitute for butter ~ now we know that butter is better ! IF you're going to have one or the other. I had read that Mr. Graham was warning manufacturers of how they were processing all the goodness out of the grains, but to no avail, of course.

Old 19-12-2011, 02:42 PM
StephenK

Quote:
I had read that Mr. Graham was warning manufacturers of how they were processing all the goodness out of the grains, but to no avail, of course.

Here's a link to the documentary King Corn.

It's a fascinating inside look into the corn industry, how the corn is being grown and then used. The vast majority of corn being grown today is
inedible. They harvest it for it's components, it Has to be processed.

They even show us how high fructose corn syrup is made by making a bit of their own in the kitchen... well worth the watch!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/255609/king-corn
Old 19-12-2011, 02:58 PM
StephenK

Here's another ebook that's free to download that's loaded with raw food recipes. It's the same process you went through in snagging the High Raw
book. But unlike High Raw it's less the pep-talk and more focused on the hands-on combining of raw foods... I'm thinking this is more along the lines
of what you're looking for Silvergirl! :^)

http://raw-pleasure.com.au/Free-Guide-to-Raw
Old 20-12-2011, 03:02 AM
StephenK

This is a wonderful documentary that's centered around curing the need for insulin when it comes to diabetes, in just 30 days. The film follows several
people from start to finish who responded to an ad in the paper. In this clinic they only use raw food for treatment... Most were off insulin the first week! :^)

The first link is 1 of 8 clips... to the right just follow them in order... it looks like they're missing clip 3.

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/44775/Raw_in_30_Days_Part_1_8/
Old 20-12-2011, 03:11 AM
Master
Thanks Stephen. I just downloaded the book.

I look forward to checking out the clips, too.