Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 30-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Neville

I think we are tickling the possibilities. Horsemeat was ate in the ghettos .. Understandably, the need to survive was paramount...We are headed a bit beyond that though...Human will be back on the menu in certain quarters.. As indeed it is today in certain tribal cultures.
Old 30-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by horse lover
Yep its sick stuff. I love horses, how anyone could consider eating a horse is beyond me. I cant imagine it will become the norm, i mean what next? spanliel cocker or spring sir? or if you prefer you could have siamese? where does it end.

Certain areas eat cats and dogs now... The only reason some find that barbaric is because they have domesticated those animals. In areas where cats and dogs are wild animals they don't think it weird to eat them. In the same way other areas don't think its weird to eat a cow, or chicken. Yet, the Hindus would probably protest to eating a cow.
Old 30-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Certain areas eat cats and dogs now... The only reason some find that barbaric is because they have domesticated those animals. In areas where cats and dogs are wild animals they don't think it weird to eat them. In the same way other areas don't think its weird to eat a cow, or chicken. Yet, the Hindus would probably protest to eating a cow.

Yes indeed,

It is my understanding that Dog is eaten in Malaysia. Oh and did I dream , you can get Kangaroo steaks? Not sure I'd like to try one of those either
Old 30-11-2011, 10:35 PM
AngryDragonTears

Save a horse, eat a cowboy.
Old 30-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Osian

I just can't see it in tescos "lean puppy" or "boxer dog shank" maybe i'm taking it too far, i guess you have my against vote anyway.
Old 30-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Yes indeed,

It is my understanding that Dog is eaten in Malaysia. Oh and did I dream , you can get Kangaroo steaks? Not sure I'd like to try one of those either

There was always a joke that McDonald's meat was Kangaroo. Ya never know how true that really could of been.

And as I've always said what you don't know won't hurt you. Everyone loved hot dogs until they learned what was in them.
Old 30-11-2011, 11:01 PM
Osian

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight

And as I've always said what you don't know won't hurt you. Everyone loved hot dogs until they learned what was in them.

Oh go on whats in them? skunk placenta?
Old 30-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Neville

Quote:

"mechanically reclaimed meat"

covers a multitude of sins , I think
Old 30-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Yep its sick stuff. I love horses, how anyone could consider eating a horse is beyond me. I cant imagine it will become the norm, i mean what next? spanliel cocker or spring sir? or if you prefer you could have siamese? where does it end.
I feel as you do. someone above quoted "it's food" well, really? I guess humans can be food too. Let the bears just come into our yards and dine. There are people with issues that like cannabilism, so let that be the norm too. I know that's over the top, but who decided when animals should be soley considered food.

I watched an America Undercover show years ago on HBO that showed in asian countries dogs and cats bred soley for consumption. It was very disturbing. Buy your cute puppy and they will kill and butcher it on the spot for you. Want cat at your favorite restaurant? They'll toss the live one in a pot of boiling water so that the skin and fur will pull off more easily.

Yeah, I'm sorry...
Old 30-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Master
Quote:
LOL!

Really, though, tongue, intestines? I don't think anything is off limits. It's kind of sad that people will consider eating dog for example (or horse or whatever) but yet some of these plants that make dog food...nothing is off limits, euthanized animals at shelters? Send them to the dog food companies and every part of the animal goes into the making, including dog colars, metal, plastic, doesn't matter. Maybe that's not too different than some of the economy hotdogs as well...