Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 23-01-2017, 11:30 PM
Pathfinder
Chaos?

Does Chaos exist? The complete absence of order. Like looking at three dancing dots at the bottom of a dark well and they never form a triangle no matter how much you stare at them.

Do we truly contemplate this? We can contemplate the warm, beautiful presence of the Cosmic. What about the absence? Cold, Hard, Nothing
Old 24-01-2017, 01:30 AM
Master
i suppose that it does exist.
people might sit, or they could stand... what would the transition period
be called? could that be chaos?
at any particular moment, three distinct points could define a triangle,
unless they all shared a common dimension (which might indicate a line),
or there was a non-shared dimensionality.
Old 24-01-2017, 09:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrygriz
Do we truly contemplate this?
For what purpose?
Old 24-01-2017, 05:45 PM
Knower
I think, if the opposite of chaos exists, which is order like you said, then chaos would also exist.
Old 24-01-2017, 06:53 PM
Pathfinder
Contemplate was not the best word to use. I should have used "perceive". Can we really perceive the utter absence of any order? If we can't perceive it then does it exist?
Old 25-01-2017, 11:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrygriz
Can we really perceive the utter absence of any order?
My garage. But if you're saying chaos is fine, then maybe I'm worrying too much about straightening things out in there.

Okay so perceive... yes, that's a bit different. I study Hermeticism from time to time, it's about the only book-knowledge I read and reflect on anymore. It addresses questions of chaos and order, in a way that works for me. Brings it more into a human-consciousness focus: how to transform the chaotic processes of intellectual-analytical thinking, into an ordered and structured soul-understanding. So: perceiving the chaos, yes, but with a specific human-understanding purpose behind it. Which explains why I asked that question.
Old 26-01-2017, 12:55 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

As long as there's eternal life in the cosmos -- the unified life whose spirit, or basic field, governs all transient forms, from the most simple to the most complicated, including our own individual existences -- there can be no absolute chaos..

Basic physics that, of course, doesn't cover adequately the phenomena of life, describes the ultimate tendency towards chaos..

However, the phenomena of life would counteract that tendency by the continual attempt to build order, and all life forms...

If you like to associate our unified cosmic life with the concept of GOD, you might as well associate chaos with the DEVIL..