Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 16-11-2010, 06:08 AM
Master
Hi John and Gerry. I appreciate what you've said, and even though my stomach was bothering me even before my son passed, I may have mentioned that I believed part of the problem may well be a hiatal hernia and my mom had it, and so that is why I can't lay down at night without discomfort, to put it mildly. The past couple of nights have been bad, but I've been experimenting with different sleeping positions and it seems that the actual turning and so on, seems to alleviate some of the pain. I've never been a 'back' sleeper, always preferring to sleep on my left side. But that position seems to be the worst for causing the pain. Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts and comments and I think that must've been scary for you to have to go through that at a young age. Blessings to you both.

Old 16-11-2010, 07:31 AM
Master
Hi Silvergirl, do you have much reflux with the hiatal hernia if thats what it is ?, I use to have a bad time with it also, but in my case it was a medication I was on, also lying with a few pillows to elevate your head higher than your stomach will help.
Old 16-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Master
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Hi Silvergirl, do you have much reflux with the hiatal hernia if thats what it is ?, I use to have a bad time with it also, but in my case it was a medication I was on, also lying with a few pillows to elevate your head higher than your stomach will help.

I'm not sure why, but I don't have reflux and even though my docs try to mesmerize me into thinking I do, so they can fling an rx in my direction (prevacid and the like), I consistently tell them, NO I do not have reflux! Guess I need some bigger pillows ~ or one of those beds that raise up like a hospital bed, that would be nice!

Old 16-11-2010, 07:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I'm not sure why, but I don't have reflux and even though my docs try to mesmerize me into thinking I do, so they can fling an rx in my direction (prevacid and the like), I consistently tell them, NO I do not have reflux! Guess I need some bigger pillows ~ or one of those beds that raise up like a hospital bed, that would be nice!
Or a couple of teddy bears might do the trick lol.
Old 16-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Master
Silvergirl, I have two thick books under the legs of my bed at the head end. The recommendation from the medical profession is to raise the head-end by 8 inches - not sure I would go that far tho'.
Old 16-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Master
That's something I would've never thought of, norseman.
And I'm at no loss for books, that's for sure. Hmmm.

Now, if I could just do something about the rare but occasional killer leg cramps like I just had...

Old 16-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Gerryh

Trust me ,it doesn't taste like booze.But it does a great job of strengthening your digestive system.
Old 17-11-2010, 02:12 AM
Master
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryh
Trust me ,it doesn't taste like booze.But it does a great job of strengthening your digestive system.

I will look for it, sounds like its worth a try.

Old 17-11-2010, 03:25 AM
Master
Within the past few days I have tried the coconut milk and coconut cream (canned). It's sort of a nondescript flavor but I drank the milk which was the first can I tried. The next day, I bought a big carton of steamed rice and waited until it cooled and then put the coconut cream in it, stirred it up and had it hot, just one or two spoons full. The next morning, I had one spoon's worth of it cold from the fridge before I went to work. I do believe it is helping, because my stomach pain was noticeably less today.

Old 27-11-2010, 04:45 AM
Master
I am continuing to drink the coconut milk, lately mixed it with some aloe vera drink for a little extra flavor. I think it's helping. I still have some pain, but it's becoming less. I don't like the buttermilk but I still have it now and then because it helps, too. Plus always having a bit of yogurt now and then.