Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 22-11-2014, 07:42 PM
Newbie ;)

Head pressure on the sides

Hi, i been into meditating for almost a month and i starting to feel this pressure on the sides of my head (both sides simultaniusly). At first it was also on the third eye but it is gone now but to the sides remainds..
At first it was only during meditation but now i have it almost all the time. It doesn't hurt but it's not very confortable.
I read somewhere it is due to restistance to the energy flow? how could aliviate this pressure? maybe spread it on the body?
Thanks!
Old 23-11-2014, 03:39 AM
Master
What is your practice and how long are you doing each session?
Old 23-11-2014, 05:03 AM
Master
Meditators often experience some different kinds of sensations so it's a very commonplace experience. It might sound strange, but remain neutral toward the sensations is for the best. If one wishes to do something to alleviate the experience that indicates that they are adverse to it, and not neutral toward it. Entering into adversity isn't helpful. It's possible that there's some course of action that will alleviate the experience, but what happens next time a discomforting experience occurs? Same adverse reaction, and the same problem all over again.

The experience is there, but it's the surface, and one remains neutral and doesn't do anything for the following two reasons:

1) It changes all by itself.

2) Remaining neutral helps to break the habit of adversity.
Old 23-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Newbie ;)

Gem: Makes scense. I'll take that advice. I'll guess i could learn to move my energy while remaining neutral to the pressure feeling.

jonesboy: I'm doing sessions of around 20 min twice a day, some days only at night. Others at early morning and night.
My practice is very simple. I try to relax, open up my chakras while sitting either in my backyard or in the living and clear my mind. I'm ok for a while and feeling great while meditating until i start getting this unhandable strong pressure like feeling on the sides of my head along with a high pitch ring in my ears.
The funny thing is that no matter in what time of day if i just stop to relax this feelings start to kick in.

As Gem said i could remaind neutral to it but it can get kinda scary feeling i might hurt myself. or not?

Thanks for the replies!
Old 23-11-2014, 03:21 PM
Master
Nothing to be scared of. Remember meditation does make the brain grow

Pressure in the head is normal. If it to much try cutting back your practice to 10. Minutes twice a day.
Old 24-11-2014, 02:52 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you. It's been very helpfull. Understanding that the brain grows and change i just observed neutrally what i felt during meditation and it stop bothering me. Feel lot much better actually.
:)