Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 14-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Experiencer

Yea, i read through heaps of contradictions, confusion and bias a couple months before/after awakening aswell..
Tought me how to properly extract the useful from the useless >.>
And how to predict personalities behind it, based on whats being said or how its said, to better unfilter the text.

In the end, the most informative texts ive stumbled upon (and are still actively reading) are those who arent in any way connected with spirituality in the way they are presented (like wikipedia and various science articles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightything
where does this info come from? and explain blurr and point. i mean i get the gist of it fine enough.
(pretty please, with strawberries and sugar on top)
Personal observation, me (or my sister, she's abit more sensetive to this than i am) just hold a crystal whos only of one color, feel its energies, try to describe them as best as possible.
Done with one of every color..

What i found was perfectly aligned with my understanding of the spectrum and how its connected...
Meaning i noticed the pattern:
All energies of the same type, like all "fire (thighs-solarplexus-forehead-pineal)" feel strikingly similar... which seem quite obvious to me, given that i know their properties and effect on the body and psyche are strikingly similar aswell.

Point is a particle.. increasing velocity means making it sharper, longer and thinner. (sharp tools are nessessary to shape things, carve ones path and such)

Blurr is basicaly "unfocused", its position is a probability distrubution, its a waveform... increasing velocity means expanding further in all directions instead of one (because its leaderless, hence "unfocused")
Old 14-07-2012, 09:29 PM
mightything

well i asked not from disbelief but it does make sense to me.
i like your and your sisters outlook.
im gona read through it again when my mind feels more clear
Old 14-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
well i asked not from disbelief but it does make sense to me.
i like your and your sisters outlook.
im gona read through it again when my mind feels more clear

Didnt make that assumption, always grateful when someone is capable of absorbing.
Old 15-07-2012, 01:26 AM
she who plays

Quote:
i dont think we assume it to be. but its hard to explain the formless.
can only go for what you know in the hopes to expand your knowledge.
people have spent hundreds of years abstractly philosophizing about it.
im just trying to find a real way to use it. instead of it being some idea.
for the most part its just energy to me.
but alot of other people see clear distinction between different kinds.
i know there are at least two. i want it to be more than just energy to me.

Just off the top of my head, this is what aids me:

1.) Consciousness-Energy = Awareness, thought, and the quality of energy associated with the state of mind. Energy is just power that is self-aware. The thought is the cause and direction of the power. This is always on the micro AND macro level.

1a) Positive Consciousness-Energy (1)

This is ON. When I say positive here I mean active; awake.

1b) Negative Consciousness-Energy (1)

This is OFF. It is inactive. Because there is unconsciousness, there is no power. Negative here is not really a new type of energy - just the absence of it.

2a) Positive Consciousness-Energy (2)

This meaning of positive means constructive thought that produces energy at high vibrations. Consciousness may have specific intent and direction for energy.

2b) Negative Consciousness-Energy (2)

This meaning of negative means chaotic, deconstructive thought. Thought is dispersed and energy is diffuse.

3.) Neutral Consciousness-Energy

Neither a specifically positive nor negative mind-body state. Somewhere in the middle.

---

So it's not just about energy. Consciousness and the mind are inseparable from energy. They always go together.
This framework feels pretty sound to me. You can apply yin-yang, light-dark, the chakras etc. to it if you want. That's all sensory perception of energy. But it seems to me that energy is energy. But once you know that, apply the perceptions of your senses to get more nuance.

:-)
Old 15-07-2012, 11:21 AM
she who plays

So, getting back to yin-yang. IF yin = water (literally) then water is actually not that much different from fire. They can both be positive or negative. They can both bring life, and take it away. A flood can drown, and also save a village's crops. Fire can keep one warm through winter or burn them alive.
In another sense of the term positive-negative (ON-OFF), both water and fire would be of the same base energy but at different vibrations. In the world, they would both be ON, right? They would be animate; they would have a presence.

Emotionally and symbolically speaking I can 'silently smoulder with fire' (passive), or 'scream with firey rage' (active). Watery emotion can be active when one desires to put out that fire. We can cool that hot person down. And water can be passive too; this is a nice flowing state that just sort of plays.

IF Yin = darkness though then that is different. Darkness doesn't have any power of itself. But you can see it inside the Yang (Light). It has an influence but one would need to see it working in the positive spectrum.
Life is very grey right? A mix of light and dark.
Old 15-07-2012, 08:32 PM
she who plays

Oh, and even though energy is energy it does have a variety of sources and forms.

Breath/Prana
Causal/Kundalini
Earth energy - wind/fire/water
Planetary energy/Celestial - Sun/Moon

I don't know much about the exact details. Though what is inside is just a reflection of what is outside - and vice versa.
Old 15-07-2012, 09:39 PM
mightything

i think we forgot the major part of yin, though someone mentioned it briefly.
void power. supposedly our universe was created from one. and my metaphysical theories are leading to the point. that one has to gain control of void or vacuum to do some of the more incredible things.

as for not being able to do anything with yin and yang. if you combine the negative and positive poles of energy, you get whole energy. which is supposed to be powerful in and of itself.

thats kinda why im curious. (i want superpowers, i dont care if that sounds a lil silly)

yea,
supposedly each element does have a yang side and a yin side.
was reading that in franz bardon. i need to finish initiation into hermetics
(ive been reading fantasy books, and watching tv)
Old 15-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Nebulous

Quote:
yang is supposed to be heat and expansive
thick and readily noticiable. electrics
yin is supposed to be cold and contracting
more subtle. magnetic

from a tactile point of view what does yin feel like though?
how do you raise it on purpose?

yin seems to be where some of the powers are.
hidden. occult is yin.
while yang is like life, in your face.

i think my body and its energies are mostly yang based.
i generate alot of heat. and my energy will be thick and very there.

but there are other times were it feels thin less there.
and ill still have energy symptoms.

what makes me curious is when i hold my hand out for some one else to fill my energy they wont feel anything. its not because im not generating.
it almost seems like people who dont practice cant feel all energies. usually when i just push and pull my energy out of my palms people can feel it.

I don't recall having heard of yin and yang in those terms, but am vaguely aware of the yin and yang idea - from what you're saying it sounds like I use both. I just call it 'pulling' (taking in energy, which does often cause cold and create a dense, sometimes dizzying feel) and 'output' (whatever energy you put out - usually can cause heat, and has a lot of different varieties as to its effects, either good or bad).

I generate both heat and cold depending on what I'm doing, sometimes pockets of both. So I suppose you'd say I'm both yin and yang based - which would make sense, I'm highly focused on balance..

Sounds like you're having trouble taking in and holding onto energy, at least to me. I don't know if it might help or not but maybe try a breathing exercise - breathe in, feel energy coming into you...hold your breath and hold the energy and feel it spread out to your veins, store it in your body from bones to skin, from core to fingers and toes....and then breathe out, holding your tummy firm and holding the energy in you while you breathe out impurities of any kind...rinse, repeat. Maybe something like that?

And yeah - most people cannot feel energies. Generally if you can feel and sense and sort of innately understand them a little, you've probably got the gift of being able to work with them. It's just how it goes.

I have found however that people's subconscious minds pick up on energy work in a way that is really surprising. Even if they don't know what is going on there are subtle reactions you can see if you pay attention. They may report "not feeling anything" if you ask...but if you don't tell them what you're doing and just do it? (Say, filling the room with hot, healing energy..) you may notice subtle reactions. Things like they start to get more cheery, they clutch themselves against the cold, they grow irritable and don't know why, and so on and so forth.

Most people just aren't able to be conscious of it.
Old 15-07-2012, 10:54 PM
she who plays

Quote:
i think we forgot the major part of yin, though someone mentioned it briefly.
void power. supposedly our universe was created from one. and my metaphysical theories are leading to the point. that one has to gain control of void or vacuum to do some of the more incredible things.

as for not being able to do anything with yin and yang. if you combine the negative and positive poles of energy, you get whole energy. which is supposed to be powerful in and of itself.

thats kinda why im curious. (i want superpowers, i dont care if that sounds a lil silly)

yea,
supposedly each element does have a yang side and a yin side.
was reading that in franz bardon. i need to finish initiation into hermetics
(ive been reading fantasy books, and watching tv)

The void pulls together both polarities. It is like a rhythmic pole dance that spirals around and around. This is the sustaining principle of the universe and the cycle of creation and destruction (positive-negative). It's also called Love as it is the power of attraction that is connected to the heart, and the soul. It's the Goddess's vacuum! :-)
Old 16-07-2012, 02:35 PM
mightything

im actually having a problem with output. i feel like i should have the capability at least to output double or triple what im doing right now.
i also dont have a real way to measure how much i am outputting, lets say i measure my energy based on the heat and denseness of it. but i cant really. because after talking to you guys and gals. theres colder and more wispy energy.
i might be able to measure it by the resistance it creates.
but im not sure anymore what creates the resistance, is it electric and magnetic forces colliding in your palms?
or just harder energy, more noticeable energy.
i know once you practice you can make the energy harder, softer, hotter, colder by choice. at least thats what psions believe.

in my case i learned energy work by feel, its been touch and go my whole research.
a major contributor to my research or work robert bruce says once you've advanced energy feels like a breeze as you pull in massive amounts.
so it doesnt help that the sensations id like to use to tell if im getting better lessen as i get better lol.
when my sensitivity was lower i had quit, because i couldnt tell if i was generating or not and it was frustrating me, as i needed it to heal my loved one. looking back my current idea is if you generate extreme heat or cold it might be your bodies way of protecting itself from damages.
i also learn from watching. that a good activation might cause you veins to throb intime with your energy work. (most people who project out of their hands thats ive seen, have veiny hands, mines were always fat but now my veins are readily seen...)

i somewhat started practicing something like that(whole body energy breath?). but it hit the wayside when i took up these nei gung techniques. i might start again as it seems a good way to take in wind energy and sun energy while sitting outside.
the exchange ports (input/output) of my hands and feet get more use than my crown or root ones. but i can take in energy from them. i just dont lol.

the last part of what you said Nebulous
makes me think i might have to delve into more mischief lol.
last time i was bugging a friend's friend. by moving a phat energy ball around her. she kept looking around to see what she was rubbing against. or coming into contact with, of course there was nothing there lol.
and the guy in the chair, hes just sitting there. smiles