Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 30-09-2018, 12:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
And I've seen black helicopters and people I know have had men in black visits and things like this, there's unfriendly (and friendly) extraterrestrial... people don't have to believe anyone, it's important to not ignore things though or dismiss something just because you don't like it, but pretty much what rah nam said is good to.. peace.

I saw the black helicopters once. Someplace down in florida... i was like oh my what have I done? But I'm with iamthat on this, history (and even science) isn't what they say it is but just leave it alone, there is enough within to keep me satisfied...
Old 30-09-2018, 07:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
How to access that knowledge? Through your favorite altered state of consciousness
Exactly. The Pisces Age religious model teaches external faith belief. The Aquarius Age spiritual model teaches inner intuitive wisdom.

Individuals like David Icke are promoting the Pisces Age consciousness model in this new Aquarius Age. They are teaching religion: faith belief in their truths. Why is it yogis do not teach conspiracy theories? Why is it they only teach paths to inner meditative (non-disturbed) states of consciousness?
Old 30-09-2018, 06:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Exactly. The Pisces Age religious model teaches external faith belief. The Aquarius Age spiritual model teaches inner intuitive wisdom.

Individuals like David Icke are promoting the Pisces Age consciousness model in this new Aquarius Age. They are teaching religion: faith belief in their truths. Why is it yogis do not teach conspiracy theories? Why is it they only teach paths to inner meditative (non-disturbed) states of consciousness?

The soul's progression is: instincts, emotions, intellect, intuition, ...

It is the same with humans' ageing.

In each stage, the primary focus is on a narrower range (humans are focused on emotions), their secondary focus covering a wider range (humans mostly mastered their instincts, started to use their intellect, and occasionally have glimpses of intuition).

Obviously, not all humans / souls are at the same level.
Old 30-09-2018, 07:32 PM
Master

Quote:

Perhaps because we are each responsible for our own state of consciousness, and if we are inwardly disturbed or out of balance then we are part of the problem. We cannot solve all the problems of the world, but we can fix ourselves.

But there is value in understanding that the reality of human affairs may be quite different to what is presented to us in the media. Otherwise we are living in an illusion created by others, and the path of yoga aims to dissolve all illusions.

Yoga also teaches the value of discrimination, and discrimination requires that we question the apparent reality we live in. Discrimination means that we question the truths of officialdom (eg, it is safe to give the MMR vaccine to a 15 month infant) and we also question the truths of the conspiracy theorists (eg the British royal family are actually alien reptiles). Although I do sometimes wonder about Prince Philip!!

Yes, we could ignore all these questions, but ignorance is not bliss. We live in the world, so why not try to understand what is really going on?

Peace.
Old 30-09-2018, 08:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Yoga also teaches the value of discrimination, and discrimination requires that we question the apparent reality we live in. Discrimination means that we question the truths of officialdom and we also question the truths of the conspiracy theorists (eg the British royal family are actually alien reptiles).
A Yogi would teach discrimation with regards to Maya, yes. As for the rest, you honestly couldn't have provided a better example of what a Yogi would not teach, and of what I was explaining. Royal Family as reptiles -- now there's some serious faith belief.
Quote:
Yes, we could ignore all these questions, but ignorance is not bliss. We live in the world, so why not try to understand what is really going on?
The Church tells us Satan is what is really going on. You and Icke tell us Reptilians are what's going on. That's the problem exactly. All one is doing is switching out one religion, priest and set of tenets for a different one. I was trying to point that out with my comments about why external faith belief just doesn't cut it anymore in this new consciousness-Age we've entered. It's time to evolve our consciousness forward. Whereas merely exchanging/replacing one set of faith beliefs for another is sideways movement at best and even backwards at this point in our collective development.
Old 30-09-2018, 08:37 PM
Master
Quote:
It is the same with humans' ageing.
Very interesting post, and what do you mean with this remark specifically?
Old 30-09-2018, 09:03 PM
Master

Quote:
A Yogi would teach discrimation with regards to Maya, yes. As for the rest, you honestly couldn't have provided a better example of what a Yogi would not teach, and of what I was explaining. Royal Family as reptiles -- now there's some serious faith belief.

Indeed, question everything.

Yogis come in many varieties, so can we really generalise about what a Yogi would or would not teach?

And (going back to a previous post) it could be said that the blind acceptance of official truths is the old Piscean way whereas the questioning of these truths is the new Aquarian way.

I am well aware of the problems of conspiracy theories, but to dismiss them all as just another belief system is itself a belief system.

Peace.
Old 30-09-2018, 09:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Very interesting post, and what do you mean with this remark specifically?
It seems that the Universe has a fractal structure, or as others prefer to call it: holographic. Both point to the idea that the whole is also found in its elements.

What I meant with the phrase you quoted, is that the same progressions of the soul (spanning over many incarnations, in various physical and non-physical "bodies") is found in the progression of human life from birth to death: instincts (they are the main focus of childhood), emotions (youth), intellect (adulthood), intuition (older age). As with the souls, there are variations between human lives: at the same age humans may have different foci.

A similar progression is found in the Chakras.
Old 30-09-2018, 09:54 PM
Master
Quote:
It seems that the Universe has a fractal structure, or as others prefer to call it: holographic. Both point to the idea that the whole is also found in its elements.

What I meant with the phrase you quoted, is that the same progressions of the soul (spanning over many incarnations, in various physical and non-physical "bodies") is found in the progression of human life from birth to death: instincts (they are the main focus of childhood), emotions (youth), intellect (adulthood), intuition (older age). As with the souls, there are variations between human lives: at the same age humans may have different foci.
Thanks, that's what I wondered if you meant but wasn't sure. Yes, I'm familiar with that, I incorporated that understanding into my career as a teacher... that the progression of childrens' and students' development mirrors the same progression one can observe when studying history and human development.
Old 30-09-2018, 10:19 PM
Master
Quote:
I am well aware of the problems of conspiracy theories, but to dismiss them all as just another belief system is itself a belief system.
Interesting twist of words, but no: a belief system is nothing more or less than arbitrarily choosing to, say, believe David Icke's theories about reptilians, without having any experiential proof whatsoever.

Whereas intuitive wisdom is knowing that believing or disbelieving in such things makes absolutely no difference to one's inner self-development path.
Closed Thread