Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 01-05-2020, 01:46 AM
Knower
Mantra/Prayer

I have been chanting "Om Mani Padme Hum" over my Mala beads lately. I'm curious what others might be chanting or praying.

https://youtu.be/lMoyds78PQ0

As always, Namaste

www.speaksumo.com
www.bluestar.uno
Old 01-05-2020, 02:12 PM
Suspended
Master
I read about chanting over recent years, I don't but other here do.
Old 01-05-2020, 06:57 PM
Knower
They are quite beautiful when given to music...

Ra Ma Da Sa
https://youtu.be/1OGjZST8aRc

www.speaksumo.com
www.bluestar.uno
Old 01-05-2020, 08:34 PM
ImthatIm

A Lakota song.

The interpretation goes something like this.

Holy ones
Pity me
Help me look at myself
truth is coming
it hurts me
You can make me better
))((
^^^^
Old 01-05-2020, 11:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicValet
I have been chanting "Om Mani Padme Hum" over my Mala beads lately. I'm curious what others might be chanting or praying.

https://youtu.be/lMoyds78PQ0

As always, Namaste
I just listened to that one.. beautiful and thanks for sharing.

At the moment, I am chanting the Gayatri Mantra and the version of it that I love the best - the ancient Javaese (Majapahit) version:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dzRXo7NTHYI
Old 02-05-2020, 12:50 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I just listened to that one.. beautiful and thanks for sharing.

At the moment, I am chanting the Gayatri Mantra and the version of it that I love the best - the ancient Javaese (Majapahit) version:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dzRXo7NTHYI

Do you have any sources for interpretations? I found this video while exploring yours...

https://youtu.be/SarlTxrAbIY

www.speaksumo.com
www.bluestar.uno
Old 02-05-2020, 02:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicValet
Do you have any sources for interpretations? I found this video while exploring yours...

https://youtu.be/SarlTxrAbIY

Not really. I don't use any sources of preconceived interpretations when I study Sanskrit because it kind of defeats the purpose.

With regards to the Gayatri Mantra, the only thing I can understand which relates somehow to it, is the Taittreya Upanishad and the Dakshinamurthy Stotram (Chapter 9).

Basically it involves directing the prana through all the lokas (planes of existence) and into levels of higher vibrational frequencies, dragging consciousness along with it:

Quote:
(1) Correspondences as to Earth.

7. In the bosom of Brahmānda, seven worlds such as Bhûrloka are said to exist. These dwell in the (seven) âdhâras (in the human body), form Mûlâdhara up to Brahmarandhra:

Bhûh dwells in Mûlâdhara.

Bhuvah dwells in Svâdhishthâna.

Svah dwells in Manipûraka.

Mahah dwells in Anâhata.

Janah dwells in Visuddha.

Tapah dwells in Âjnâ.

Satyam dwells in Sahasrâra.

8. The back-bone is the Mahâmeru, and the bones near it are the Kulaparvatas. The Ganges is Pingalâ Nâdî, while Idâ is said to be Yamunâ.

https://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/dast/dast13.htm

So, what the Gayatri Mantra represents, is basically bija mantras (seed sounds) to unlock all the chakras according to vibration, then to awaken the Shakti - in this case, the inner "sun" (tat savitur) of Gayatri Devi or Pertiwi/Prithvi Devi and to also direct her flow with the breath, through these levels of existence, from the gross to the subtle.

Like I said before, I really don't need or use any sources....but I hope you found the above information helpful.
Old 02-05-2020, 03:05 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

Like I said before, I really don't need or use any sources....but I hope you found the above information helpful.

I appreciate your reply and the link. Thank you.

www.speaksumo.com
www.bluestar.uno
Old 02-05-2020, 03:06 AM
Newbie ;)

"Despite all adversity we shall rise from the ashes of our old selves to be reborn anew." - some thing I wrote for myself when struggling with depression and anxiety.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:12 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gender Phoenix
"Despite all adversity we shall rise from the ashes of our old selves to be reborn anew." - some thing I wrote for myself when struggling with depression and anxiety.

Namaste Good Mantra

www.speaksumo.com
www.bluestar.uno