Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 02-11-2018, 04:00 AM
Newbie ;)

Head gets stuck?

Every time I try to intentionally/consciously astral project, I can feel every part of my body detaching except for my head. I can get as far as seeing shadows of my surroundings through my astral body, but I can never actually 'detach' my astral head from my physical body.

I feel like this has something to do with energy and possibly raising vibrations, but I don't know much about that.

Any suggestions on how to possibly fix this?
Old 02-11-2018, 09:18 PM
Suspended
Guide

How do you actually leave your body? In my case, I just think it and it happens and I believe is very important to have a posture from where you can actually float above your body, as for me, I lay down on my back with my hands around my body.This is the way it works for me and every single time I left my body I had this posture.. It all started with sleep paralysis, then, vibrations ( this is the last stage before leaving your body ) and finally a real OBE.You can use the power of auto-suggestion, when you get pretty close to fall asleep, tell yourself that you are going to leave your body fully.This is something I use to be able to remember the things I really want to do when I leave my body.
Old 13-11-2018, 03:45 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
How do you actually leave your body? In my case, I just think it and it happens and I believe is very important to have a posture from where you can actually float above your body, as for me, I lay down on my back with my hands around my body.This is the way it works for me and every single time I left my body I had this posture.. It all started with sleep paralysis, then, vibrations ( this is the last stage before leaving your body ) and finally a real OBE.You can use the power of auto-suggestion, when you get pretty close to fall asleep, tell yourself that you are going to leave your body fully.This is something I use to be able to remember the things I really want to do when I leave my body.

I pretty much lay down exactly as you describe. At least when I'm actively trying to project. Flat on my back, with my hands resting on my stomach, or sometimes flat facing up by my sides. I can get to the vibrational stage, and see shadows, but never exit. The only times I can exit are by accident through dreaming/lucid dreaming, which isn't often and hardly purposely induced.
Old 13-11-2018, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator
Raven Wine, there is a simple thing you could try.
Practice meditating or just relaxing for a time in a lying-down position, then get up, in a natural way (as you usually would) and walk across the room to the door.
Come back, lie down, relax, then....do it again. Keep doing it. Keep getting up in a natural smooth way.

Okay, when the vibrational state starts, wait until you feel full of the vibrations, then do exactly the same thing...get up from where you're lying down.
Don't think about your head, any more than you would think about it any other time you get up from a lying-down position. Just forget it.

You will have run through the getting up move so many times, that when you do it from the vibrational state, you will do exactly the same move. The only difference is you will do that out of body.
It probably will feel very physical when it happens.
Don't forget to move away from your body and don't think about your body.

(Oh and if you want to laugh at yourself....try walking downstairs like normal! Your "legs" will do very silly things. Just glide.)
Old 17-11-2018, 01:27 AM
Experiencer
I would say don't try too hard, that often makes things more difficult in the end. My leg got stuck when I first started consciously projecting, I think it's normally a physical relaxation issue when it happens. If your mind isn't calm while you're doing it, then your body can't be completely relaxed, so that's another issue that can cause your "energy body" to only partially separate. There's a lot you can do to help with it, just have to find what works the best for you. Meditation, tai chi, qigong, pranayama, even reiki could help you learn to interact more closely with your subtle energy body and develop an awareness of it that facilitates separating from the physical when you're relaxed enough.

You could also improve your lucid dreaming so that it becomes a reliable means of reaching the "vibration/trance state" or whatever. I think it's a totally valid way of entering into a projection, the only important thing is the degree of awareness you're able to bring with you
Old 13-12-2018, 09:11 AM
Seeker

Yeah, this happened to me as well, AFTER I've read about this happening to other people, while before I never had such a problem.

It's comical even, sometimes I would get stuck below the bed, or floating upwards without control. If you could see me doing these things you'd l.o.l.

They say once you think about your body or look at it in the astral you instantly merge back with it, so maybe because you keep focusing on this problem you stay there. Instead try to think of a place you want to project to and focus on it. Should be easy to resolve in a few tries. What you focus on usually manifests there.

B.t.w. saying ''don't think of a white elephant,forget it' will make you think of it. So negatives don't work also lol. Instead think of something/somewhere else.