Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 27-11-2019, 11:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Here is what awakening is defined as in one tantra text (translated and reworded):

The five fold enablements of Shiva

Supreme awareness (Chit)
Absolute power (Kriya)
Boundless bliss (Ananda)
Immeasurable creativity (Icha)
Infinite knowledge (Jnana)

Present as potentiality in every jiva

If we want to go further into this, there are only two ultimate enablements of Shiva ..that is, concealing (tirobhava) and revealing (anugraha).

Shiva is revealed by Shakti through Iccha (will), Kriya (action) and Jnana (knowledge)...Those Sanskrit definitions above are slightly inaccurate.

This leads to a further threefold (as one) realisation of Self as Sat (existence/truth), Chit (consciousness) and Bliss (Ananda).

Shiva is also seen as Satyam (existence/truth), Shivam (auspiciousness) and Sundaram (the perfection of beauty).

Om tatpurushaaya vidmahe
Mahadevaaya dhimahi
Tannoh Shivah Prachodaayat.

So, what is it to be awakened/conscious? To see everything as it is without judgment or labels.. although oftentimes the ego still likes to play the game until we can see what is going on with that too and to call it out, thus realising we still have some work to do.

It is to speak one's own truth without seeking acknowledgment, conformity or compliance however, we also need to get beyond the expectation any of that is going to eventuate when seeking a "reason" or "purpose" for our actions (enter Karma Yoga).

It means to display patience, equanimity and tolerance...some of us (like myself) can be awakened/aware, but realise that once we are, we have to go put on our slippers, brush our spiritual teeth and put whatever it is we know into practice....so, it is also understanding that this is just the beginning...it isn't the end of the story.
Old 27-11-2019, 12:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
If we want to go further into this, there are only two ultimate enablements of Shiva ..that is, concealing (tirobhava) and revealing (anugraha).

Shiva is revealed by Shakti through Iccha (will), Kriya (action) and Jnana (knowledge)...Those Sanskrit definitions above are slightly inaccurate.

This leads to a further threefold (as one) realisation of Self as Sat (existence/truth), Chit (consciousness) and Bliss (Ananda).

Shiva is also seen as Satyam (existence/truth), Shivam (auspiciousness) and Sundaram (the perfection of beauty).

Om tatpurushaaya vidmahe
Mahadevaaya dhimahi

So, what is it to be awakened/conscious? To see everything as it is without judgment or labels.. although oftentimes the ego still likes to play the game until we can see what is going on with that too and to call it out, thus realising we still have some work to do.

It is to speak one's own truth without seeking acknowledgment, conformity or compliance however, we also need to get beyond the expectation any of that is going to eventuate when seeking a "reason" or "purpose" for our actions (enter Karma Yoga).

It means to display patience, equanimity and tolerance...some of us (like myself) can be awakened/aware, but realise that once we are, we have to go put on our slippers, brush our spiritual teeth and put whatever it is we know into practice....so, it is also understanding that this is just the beginning...it isn't the end of the story.

🙏🏼🙏🏼

Old 27-11-2019, 12:54 PM
Ascender

I think of it as being a player in the game to be conscious. You are not a conditioned mechanism by your environment. In one aspect I think it is to understand that concept that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. There is no hard truths. There are trends, but from a Hermetic perspective the best one can do is to shape or experiment in their external environment and observe the results. Quantum reality teaches no experiment is separate from the observer. Thus we have systems and methodologies built around the observations of imperfect people. People need to remember this so that "learning" doesn't become blind acceptance. To completely disregard the observations and reality of others is disrespectful, to blindly accept it is to be sleeping.

Generally, though when I hear people use the term consciousness...it is with respect to expanding it. What that means I am not really sure? It most assuredly differs from expanding knowledge.
Old 27-11-2019, 01:05 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalinikid
Generally, though when I hear people use the term consciousness...it is with respect to expanding it. What that means I am not really sure? It most assuredly differs from expanding knowledge.

If we're referring to consciousness as existence, consciousness, bliss it can't be expanded. It's already without limitation - absolute. In reality it's diminishing the significance of and identification with body-mind to reveal what already is but not recognized. So it's not learning but unlearning, so to speak.
Old 27-11-2019, 01:50 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green.Heals
I guess I have come to understand just as of late, that I get, that I am not going to get it.
Well, we can't have that kind of thinking!
What is the difference between yourself and any realized yogi or guru?
Nothing.
However, you have more tolerance for suffering and being asleep and for the mediocre.

They said, "Enough of this nonsense!!"
Put their nose to the grindstone and with conviction, determination,
steadfast discipline and focus...and with great desire soared to their destiny of
spiritual understandings.
Just as you can. You obviously have not suffered enough to get that point.
Life is actually very easy - if you want something - then, go for it; do what it takes.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-11-2019, 07:25 PM
Guide

JustaSimpleGuy,

Thank you, I am hungry for information as of late. :)
Old 27-11-2019, 07:32 PM
Guide

Well Miss Hepburn,

It is my understanding, that I have understanding of my own being as a whole unit, and yet not, and in my truth. :)

Absolutely

I love your posts, and insight! Thank you

Ironically, saying to be "awakened" would be like placing a label on something that doesn't quite exist, because there are so many different levels for each of us, and my connection is sacred to me, as is this forum.

I've come into a place on this journey, where it is time to shed, let go, and fly.

Believing is seeing, after all.
Old 28-11-2019, 08:22 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green.Heals
Hi,

I don't really know where to put this?

If you are awakened, what is it to live "consciously?"

What is it to be awakened for you?

If you're not awakened, can you not live a conscious life?

I typically see some forms of my life as being "conscious" and I've never seen myself as being, "awakened"

I am intuitive, and I know that I channel a lot of my information from "source" the "divine" - my "higher self" if you wish to put it as such..

Love & Light

For me being awakened is realizing the importance of awareness. Nothing else matters. I am! How cool is that.

green1
Old 28-11-2019, 09:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

Om tatpurushaaya vidmahe
Mahadevaaya dhimahi

ॐ तत्पुरुषाय विद्महे महादेवाय धीमहि
तन्नो रुद्रः प्रचोदयात्॥

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 29-11-2019, 12:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
ॐ तत्पुरुषाय विद्महे महादेवाय धीमहि
तन्नो रुद्रः प्रचोदयात्॥
Thank you John. I was too lazy to go and look up the Devanagari or use IAST.

In this version of the mantra, the word before the visarga (the colon denoting the aspirated allophone) can be either Rudrah OR Shivah. =)

I decided to stay with "Shivah" because I was speaking on the qualities of Shiva and not Rudra...even though they are interchangeable.

Rudra is more of a dark, primordial being whose name means "the howling one" or "the crying one" and is associated with the 11 Raudras in the human body...the five external sense organs (Karmendriyas) the five sheaths covering the Atman (Koshas) and the one animating principle (Antakarana).

Upon death of the physical body, these 11 signs of life diminish one by one causing great emotional distress for the dying one and the family..there is often many tears and howling in grief...that is why they are called "Raudras" from the word "Rudra"...and this is also the reason why I used "Shivah" instead of "Rudrah" in that specific mantra.

...one day I am going to find out how to get a Sanskrit keyboard application for Android because my spell checker has a heart attack when I type on here
..one day...