Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 06:27 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
In my own experience, simply listening to the inner sound current drew me deeper in meditation, and over time sped up my process of awakening and surrender considerably.

There's a subtle effect as it works directly to transform energies and raise frequencies, rather than through the mind.

Xan

Thankyou for sharing how you journeyed and continue to journey.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I know, but Geeze, our guru lied making us all think he was the "holder of some Secret" - what ** - I'd be happy to share what little I know from him and Kirpal Singh and Yogananda - it's not a "secret" any longer.
Any one could look up Rhadasoami or Sant Mat and find out so
much about esoteric yogic techniques.
( For the Inner Sound, Sat Naam, Divine Music, Music of the Spheres or Celestial Harmonies)

(Btw, Dar, I have had enormous experiences from this technique- I lived in the ashram for many years and put in many hours of meditation,,, I may not follow our guru anymore - BUT the techniques he showed are sterling.)

My, how things have changed from when I was a teenager . I bought into all the propaganda and was so sure he was The One, and we were all The Chosen . I was 15 and ate it all up . I never lived in an ashram, having already become a drunk by the time I was on my own . All part of an interesting journey , but it did take some major overhauling to reprogram myself away from the cult mentality . Comes a time you have to 'Kill the Buddha ' .

Through all that and more, the inner sound current started out and stayed a direct channel to ....to infinity and beyond . It's not like the guy was a quack , by any stretch; just that the way it was 'sold' wasn't honest , but hey, that's show business .

D
Old 06-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Master
From the conversation I guess you're talking about the guru who taught the Music Technique, eh?

Funny, I never understood or experienced it as it was taught then.... but years later I found through other ways, it's so simple.

As for the Guru, through thick and thin and leaving him behind... I still love him.

Xan

Old 06-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
From the conversation I guess you're talking about the guru who taught the Music Technique, eh?

Funny, I never understood or experienced it as it was taught then.... but years later I found through other ways, it's so simple.

As for the Guru, through thick and thin and leaving him behind... I still love him.

Xan

I do too, now that I think about it . I just don't worship him anymore .
I don't have a master or a guide and that is right for me now.

D
Old 07-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Ah, now this is what we are talking about - and the "Unstruck chords, the unplucked strings"...
From the Ecsatic Poetry thread - to help people understand more about this "Sound" and ways that it is manifested and heard...

I hear bells ringing that no one has shaken,
inside "love" there is more joy than we know of,
rain pours down, although the sky is clear of clouds,
there are whole rivers of light...

- Kabir

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
... you're talking about the guru who taught the Music Technique...
Xan
This esoteric technique was taught by Babaji and thus, Paramahansa Yogananda - it is kept secret - only through instruction and initiation was/is it revealed.

I, however, do not believe it should be kept
secret any longer - I could be wrong.
Beause Jesus was correct; if seeds are tossed on rocks they are
wasted and don't grow - I still believe instruction and reading
Masters of the past speaking about this Divine Harmony prepares
the "student" to cherish what this is.

I also feel if a guru lied making others believe he was the only one that could reveal this and only by his grace could you excel --then it is
alright to reveal it to others cancelling the vow we took.

He is not the holder of special grace or the only revealer of these techniques.
(Albeit, he does have grace and knows how to uplift his devotees very much
as the touch of Sri Yukteswar* and Ramakrishna's darshan* could...)

*darshan - being in the presence of
* Sri Y ---Paramahansa's guru - as spoken of in "The Autobiography of a Yogi",
The author of many insightful books on religion, science, the nature of the Universe.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Ah, now this is what we are talking about - and the "Unstruck chords, the unplucked strings"...
From the Ecsatic Poetry thread - to help people understand more about this "Sound" and ways that it is manifested and heard...

I hear bells ringing that no one has shaken,
inside "love" there is more joy than we know of,
rain pours down, although the sky is clear of clouds,
there are whole rivers of light...

- Kabir

Just like seeing with the earthly pair of eyes is dim compared to third eye visions or electrified lucid dream scenes , and daylight is outshone by the light like a thousand internal suns , every sound made in the physical world is only an echo of the current of celestial harmonies and sounds inside; the ocean of energy made audible to the ear that knows how to listen. Also the feelings of flesh at their finest pale to insignificance beside the energy of infinity our spirits inhabit .

All these higher-plane aspects can be experienced while living in the body, but these are not physical phenomenon ; this creates another exquisite paradox, and surely demonstrates our multidimensional nature . This perception of , attunement to, and immersion in , such subtle , but high-energy aspects of our being shows me that we are of and in an interconnected unified filed of .... (I'm out of words, please insert your favorites here )
Old 07-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
Just like seeing with the earthly pair of eyes is dim compared to third eye visions or electrified lucid dream scenes , and daylight is outshone by the light like a thousand internal suns , every sound made in the physical world is only an echo of the current of celestial harmonies and sounds inside; the ocean of energy made audible to the ear that knows how to listen. Also the feelings of flesh at their finest pale to insignificance beside the energy of infinity our spirits inhabit .

All these higher-plane aspects can be experienced while living in the body, but these are not physical phenomenon ; this creates another exquisite paradox, and surely demonstrates our multidimensional nature . This perception of , attunement to, and immersion in , such subtle , but high-energy aspects of our being shows me that we are of and in an interconnected unified filed of .... (I'm out of words, please insert your favorites here )
Why, Dar, you've had your coffee this morning, I see.

Very articulate post.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Why, Dar, you've had your coffee this morning, I see.

Very articulate post.

Coffee's a big part of it, yes .
Old 07-02-2012, 09:52 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar

so in all this knowing and expression of what you experience where does it fit into this reality of living? how do you use all this knowledge and integrate it back into the land of coffee and living fully?
Closed Thread