Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 25-06-2016, 08:34 AM
Suspended
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrioress
Hello, intelligence and duffer is not the definition of manliness. Even if you was born a male and was intelligence, that is still not the strongest qualities about a man. I understand in some cultures, the man is the strong one, the protector, the decision makers but it also takes compassion, sincerity, and a soft hand to rule the world. I'm sorry someone has made you feel less of a man but just remember , who you are on the inside is what matters. And are you saying not being manly is your sin? That's not a sin. What is a sin? A broken rule or law of man or a higher power. Why would a higher power create you then call you a sinner? That's is a cultures ego stereotyping you. I guess I would of been put to death in your culture. I'm a 5'2 woman with a 6'5 mans attitude. Lol.

What one believes about themselves in India is in a way irrelevant. If it wasn't things would have changed centuries ago. In India born to the wrong caste or familial system you can believe yourself a minor god and yet you will likely still be working a job that is not fit for dogs.

This ideology doesn't just apply to India. The mid-east as a whole is extremely complex in that sense. A westerner could spend their entire life studying it but if they keep applying western principles even in a 100 years they'll never completely understand how it works.

It is not the US or England or western societies where anyone can do anything they like. It never was and likely never will be. Not to mention, unlike modern westerners, people in India do still take their religious beliefs quite seriously. It isn't a "joke" to laugh at.
Old 25-06-2016, 09:15 AM
Suspended
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohamfan11
Not being Manly is not my sin ,my sin is different .

I sent you a PM asking what exactly your sin is. Hopefully you will respond.

As I said in that PM I am well versed in true mid-eastern cultures & belief systems. Including the caste & familial systems seeing as not only do family live there [and no that side would be considered Indian not 'western' seeing as my great-grandmother was from India] but also in other mid-eastern countries.

That is not including many friends from that region for despite being what many would consider 'westerner' by something as simple as my appearance my upbringing, mentality and knowledge is far more eastern & mid-eastern given the family background. What I am saying with that is I relate far more to people of those regions than I do western society.

If you feel more comfortable explaining such to another man, still send me a PM as I know someone on these forums who may be as helpful.
Old 25-06-2016, 12:19 PM
Master
Your post is incredibly sad. I got a book last month. I started to read it and I'm asking my son to take time to read it. I've not gotten very far, but I'm rather enjoying it a lot. It's called The Code of the Extraordinary Mind by Vishen Lakhiani (Founder of MindValley) I think perhaps it could help you. He writes about rules that should have been discarded a long time ago. (as well as many, many other things) I won't get into it all but if you possibly can, please check it out.

As for sin, like another poster said, it's something created by man and their made up religions. I have no idea what you did that makes you feel so heavy laden with this burden. I am sorry you feel perhaps shunned by your country.

Check out the book.
Old 25-06-2016, 12:41 PM
Master

I say again the cast system is not practiced in the USA, or in most countries out side India . There are a few people that have money , fame, or political power that are looked up to .
Old 25-06-2016, 07:10 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
I say again the cast system is not practiced in the USA, or in most countries out side India . There are a few people that have money , fame, or political power that are looked up to .

Interesting do you have many dealings with people from India?

Because my classmate's parents are from India. He could tell you all about how the caste system exists in the US. It is far more sutble than in India but still there. As his father, an engineer says, most Americans know next to nothing about the Indian / mid-eastern subculture in their country & they prefer not to know.

Or do you think other Indian practices like arranged marriages don't exist in the US too?
Old 25-06-2016, 07:44 PM
life.love.regret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrianne
Interesting do you have many dealings with people from India?

Because my classmate's parents are from India. He could tell you all about how the caste system exists in the US. It is far more sutble than in India but still there. As his father, an engineer says, most Americans know next to nothing about the Indian / mid-eastern subculture in their country & they prefer not to know.

Or do you think other Indian practices like arranged marriages don't exist in the US too?

I think you're missing his point. The caste system exists within the Indian communities. I think Desert Rat is suggesting that the OP separate himself from that system completely-which doesn't seem like such an off the wall suggestion if the OP is fearing for his life.

As to the knowledge of sub-cultures: I don't prefer to know or not know. Cultural practices make no difference to me as long as they don't conflict with our laws or constitution.

What's with the **** and vinegar? Help the OP out if you've got some special insight to his culture instead of picking on those who don't. Help was all Desert Rat was trying to do.
Old 26-06-2016, 12:31 PM
Master

There are people from India in the US , what I know of the cast system is from a few t.v. shows on it . There have been a few people from the mid east try and force there kids in to arranged marrages . Most think of them selvs as Americans and just dont go for it . I guess it is hard for us Americans with all of our freedoms to think of how others think and live .
p.s. I should include people from other parts of the world that have many of the freedoms that we do hear in the USA . Its hard to understand why any one would want to live under stick reglious laws .

Last edited by desert rat : 26-06-2016 at 02:35 PM.