Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 27-12-2011, 04:04 PM
frenchdavid

Why the jews don't believe in Muhammad (islam) ?

Old 28-12-2011, 05:35 AM
Animus27

If my understanding is correct, it is because he has corrupted the teachings of Moses and the Torah.
Old 29-12-2011, 07:12 AM
Yamah

Why WOULD the Jews believe in Muhammad (islam)? What has he said or done that would inspire belief?
Old 29-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Master
Why don't Christians believe in Muhammad, its just not in their scriptures.
Old 29-12-2011, 09:23 AM
mattie

Simple

Why don’t the Muslims believe in Judaism? Why don’t New Agers believe in organized religion? Why don’t Buddhists believe in fundamentalist Christianity? It’s just not their belief system.
Old 29-12-2011, 10:49 AM
AngelicOrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchdavid

There is more to it, than what the others have said...and I am going to actually answer your question based on my own knowledge on Judaism.

In Judaism, there is no other higher being than God himself. Only God is worshipped and no one else, and this is one of the 10 commandments headed by God to Moses to lead the Jewish people. Also, in Judaism, they believe that their people are the favourites, the chosen ones picked by God to live by his way through the Torah, through the commandments - therefore, they would see both Christianity and Islam as discourses of their own religion.

Islam on the other hand, recognises both Judaism and Christianity. However, believe that their religion is the final product of lessons taught after the "failings" (quite possibly with Jesus) of Judaism and Christianity.
Old 29-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Yamah

We can put the concepts of Chosenness, Worship, Commandments and even Religion aside when answering this question.

Jews believe, first and foremost, in concrete proof. Nothing is believed solely based on scripture or heresay. The Torah itself is not accepted based on mere 'herp, we have a book and it says God wrote it derp', it is accepted because God gave a vision to all the people of Israel that followed Moses telling them 'I am giving my sacred word to Moses' (Exodus 19-20, esp. 19:9, 20:18-19, 20:22). Thus God told all of His people 'THIS IS MY PROPHET'.

When it comes to Muhammad and Jesus and most other prophetic people usually what happens is the individual comes along and says 'God spoke to me so I am a prophet'... and what reason do you have to believe him? It's basically the same argument as "I am right because I say I am right". And miracles or prophecies aren't proof of divinity - as is well known, magic can do many things that prophets can (see Exodus 7:10-11 and Deuteronomy 13:1-3).

So in short, Jews don't not believe in Islam and Christianity because it is a threat to our faith or religion or what not... it can be understood that God might forsake us (please God don't do it). But if He did do that then he would at least give actual proof instead of a crazy claim by some guy who lived in a cave.
Old 29-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Animus27

Quote:
The Torah itself is not accepted based on mere 'herp, we have a book and it says God wrote it derp'
LOL!

That is very interesting, Yamah. And it's another reason why I've always looked with a fond eye upon Judaism.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Bluegreen

This speaks for itself:

"O Thou! whose abstract nature is free from illustrations and whose attributes are beyond examples". (Al-Saffat, Chapter 37, Verse 80)

"La Illaha Illallah!" (Muhammad, Chapter 47, Verse 19). "There is no god but God"

"Say that we believe in Allah and in that which has been revealed to us, and in that which was revealed to Abraham and Ishmael, to Isaac and Jacob and the Tribes, and in that which was given to the Prophets from their Lord. We do not make any distinction between any of them". (Al-Baqra, Chapter 2, Verse 136).

The Islamic teaching about prayer is a deep one, bringing it closer to the nature of meditation. Says the Quran:
"There is no prayer unless the heart is present".

The Quranic view of charity is equally profound:
"Thou shalt never attain to righteousness unless thou givest out what thou lovest". (Al-Imran, Chapter 3, Verse 92).

"When the Quran is recited, listen to it in silence so that you may be shown mercy. Remember your Lord deep in your soul with humility and reverence, and without ostentation: in the morning and in the evening; and do not be negligent.
Those who dwell with your Lord do not disdain His service. They give glory to Him and prostrate themselves before Him."

Ilmi-Safina or knowledge of the book, and Ilm-i-Sinah or knowledge of the heart.
http://www.theosophy.org.nz/Publicat...yAndIslam.html

Arabs and Jews have the same forefather: Abraham.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:08 PM
slave of Allaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
This speaks for itself:

"O Thou! whose abstract nature is free from illustrations and whose attributes are beyond examples". (Al-Saffat, Chapter 37, Verse 80)

"La Illaha Illallah!" (Muhammad, Chapter 47, Verse 19). "There is no god but God"

"Say that we believe in Allah and in that which has been revealed to us, and in that which was revealed to Abraham and Ishmael, to Isaac and Jacob and the Tribes, and in that which was given to the Prophets from their Lord. We do not make any distinction between any of them". (Al-Baqra, Chapter 2, Verse 136).

The Islamic teaching about prayer is a deep one, bringing it closer to the nature of meditation. Says the Quran:
"There is no prayer unless the heart is present".

The Quranic view of charity is equally profound:
"Thou shalt never attain to righteousness unless thou givest out what thou lovest". (Al-Imran, Chapter 3, Verse 92).

"When the Quran is recited, listen to it in silence so that you may be shown mercy. Remember your Lord deep in your soul with humility and reverence, and without ostentation: in the morning and in the evening; and do not be negligent.
Those who dwell with your Lord do not disdain His service. They give glory to Him and prostrate themselves before Him."

Ilmi-Safina or knowledge of the book, and Ilm-i-Sinah or knowledge of the heart.
http://www.theosophy.org.nz/Publicat...yAndIslam.html

Arabs and Jews have the same forefather: Abraham.
Hi Bluegreen!

I agree with your post, but the colored verses are not in the Quran!

Yet the meaning of what you quoted from the source (not the whole source) match the Quran.