Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 04-03-2012, 12:39 AM
silent whisper

How does one define belief?
Old 04-03-2012, 12:43 AM
silent whisper

If I exist, I am here and now..I am real through the experience of myself.....do I need a belief in the truth of my existence....not really I exist there fore I am....If you dont beleive me come visit me..you will see I exist ...lol...
Old 04-03-2012, 12:49 AM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
You stated that you said something that applies to everybody. I don't even know what it meant, and I am not sure why you think it applies to everyone everywhere, but it seems to me that it stems from the way you think, but not necessarily how everyone else thinks.

The statement is broad as it doesnt say how an individual thinks - more that because everyone does the act of "think" - the statement applies to everyone.

If you think it doesnt include you - perhaps you can explain why you think you excluded?
Old 04-03-2012, 12:53 AM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
If I exist, I am here and now..I am real through the experience of myself.....do I need a belief in the truth of my existence....not really I exist there fore I am....If you dont beleive me come visit me..you will see I exist ...lol...

If you exist - exactly.

A belief of existence is still a belief. A belief in reality is still a belief.

I am not saying dont believe in reality or dont believe you exist - merely recognise its a belief.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:58 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle
If you exist - exactly.

A belief of existence is still a belief. A belief in reality is still a belief.

I am not saying dont believe in reality or dont believe you exist - merely recognise its a belief.

Is it a belief just because you see and feel....my mind doesnt determine that......my senses do. I see me, I touch me, I smell me..etc...
Old 04-03-2012, 01:01 AM
silent whisper

The true self has no identity...
Old 04-03-2012, 01:02 AM
silent whisper

I wonder if you mind is at play in all these discussions..perhaps thats why......we differ.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:08 AM
The Eagle

Quote:
Is it a belief just because you see and feel....my mind doesnt determine that......my senses do. I see me, I touch me, I smell me..etc...

A belief that senses represent truth or reality is still a belief. Lol.

And your mind processes the information you receive from your senses and from that youbuild a belief.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:09 AM
The Eagle

Quote:
The true self has no identity...

That is a belief held by you.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:10 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle
A belief that senses represent truth or reality is still a belief. Lol.

And your mind processes the information you receive from your senses and from that youbuild a belief.

Ok see if I can give it one more match before I surrender...lol.

my mind processes the information.....I pick up......but what if I suspend all belief in that space of processing..what then does it become can you tell me?