Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 25-12-2015, 04:35 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
This new Star Wars is not like the original. It has way to many battle and chase scenes, at the expense of a good story line. Out of the 120min. of the movie, only about 20min. has any dialog or plot development. You see about 65 sec of acting, then 6min of chase and battle scenes. To the point they started to get boring.The rest is mostly Video Game like battle sequences. The special effects are good and I recommend seeing it in 3D. I think most of the audience were disapointed, when leaving the theater.

Ah, well, sounds like they are trying to appeal to the millennial generation(ages 18-30 ish) market. They are the ones that grew up with the development of 3D gaming as children, Plus, it's a demographic that is more trained on instant gratification ( itouch, iphones, emails) so I can see how there would be less of a story line and more graphic scenes, at least that's my theory on it.I agree though, I don't think any of these movies today compare to the original trilogy.

@Sea, thanks for the perspective.
Old 25-12-2015, 05:14 PM
Master

You are welcome clover!

There was one stylistic element I forgot to mention

I definitely found stylistic similarities between this film and "the lord of the rings" in some of its scenes. There is a scene in this movie that is very stylistically similar to the scene in the lord of the rings depicting "the inn of the prancing pony" except they obviously give it a star wars spin. Also, some of the subsequent terrestrial light saber duels after that scene have a lord of the rings feel to them IMO.
Old 25-12-2015, 05:46 PM
Master

I thought it probably was the best yet! If it has an oversized death star "return of the jedi" might be the answer why and if you do not like war movies then do not watch a movie called Star Wars and the first movie is battles and death from the start to the end... this one is obviously similar just better
Old 25-12-2015, 06:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
and if you do not like war movies then do not watch a movie called Star Wars

EXACTLY! If folks want to watch a feel good movie, they should stick with Disney's kiddie fare or romantic comedies. Don't expect to get it from star wars and criticize it if it doesn't deliver "feel good"
Old 25-12-2015, 08:20 PM
Suspended
I am sure there will 2 new Star War movies coming out later. The marketing is not yet over for Star Wars.
Old 25-12-2015, 08:27 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
EXACTLY! If folks want to watch a feel good movie, they should stick with Disney's kiddie fare or romantic comedies. Don't expect to get it from star wars and criticize it if it doesn't deliver "feel good"

The 1st 1977 original Star Wars was a feel good movie and it had a feel good ending to which this one lacks. Thus your logic here is totally lacking. The 1st three Star War movies of the late 70s were feel good movies. Many who watched this latest release was hoping for the feelings they found in the 1st series. But they walked out of the theater disappointed.
Old 25-12-2015, 08:34 PM
Suspended
Quote:
I thought it probably was the best yet! If it has an oversized death star "return of the jedi" might be the answer why and if you do not like war movies then do not watch a movie called Star Wars and the first movie is battles and death from the start to the end... this one is obviously similar just better

"Star Wars" is not a war movie, it a science fiction fantasy movie. The original was Not battles and death from start to finish. It had story development, and charactor development, that this one lacks. The original had an ending to it. This one ends with advertising for the next release. Better? I assume it is better, if all you are looking for is a video game battle format type movie.
Old 25-12-2015, 08:37 PM
Master

The spiritual aspect here might be to let go of expectations and just enjoy the moment. It is a good movie. I love how the new droid reminded me of Wall-E to me that is feel good. I think the trouble more is that many went in to see a different movie than the new one
Old 25-12-2015, 08:54 PM
Suspended
Quote:
The spiritual aspect here might be to let go of expectations and just enjoy the moment. It is a good movie. I love how the new droid reminded me of Wall-E to me that is feel good. I think the trouble more is that many went in to see a different movie than the new one

The new Star Wars advertised the old movies and use droids and actors from the old movies. How could one not go in without expectations? We were set up by all the hype. Why did they use all the old droids, actors, creatures, and ships form the old movies if this movie was to be so different? People walked away disappointed because they were set up to expect something more like the original movies. This movie is the biggest scam in modern marketing history.
Old 25-12-2015, 08:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
The original had an ending to it.

Yes because they had only planned one movie. It only grew into a trilogy. Empire Strikes Back also ends with a build up to the next, that is how trilogies work.

And it could be that we watched a different original. The one I watched started with a rebel ship being boarded and ended with a large explotion. Not to talk about the slaughter of the jawas and Lukes family. The death of the sandpeople. That man that meets Obi-wans lightsaber on the bar or the one Han Solo kills there. Oh and that is just the begining. There is also the torture of Leia and what did happen to her home planet? Maybe there is just more romance about the old one than the new because it was the first?