Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-01-2012, 02:35 AM
Master
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikagirl
Oh yes he was, unfortunately he didn't seem to be that great of a boss!

Have you heard his speech? He gave it at Stanford University in 2005, he said such great things in it, very motivational!

No, I didn't hear his speech ~ nor did I hear he was a not-so-great boss!

Old 28-01-2012, 02:44 AM
Master
Quote:
It sounds very Matrix like! Although for me we are dreaming, and when we die we wake up.

I really hope there is an After Life, and I'll be able to meet my loved ones there, especially someone who was taken away violently and prematurely.

I just wished the truth was given to us, in a way no one could doubt it, making things so much easier! But that's just me, Miss Impatient! Would prevent a lot of wars at least!
Yes I can see the emotion that we attach to wanting to continue on to another life, but when we realize that we are all ONE, this way of thinking changes, when we die we are are all that there IS, just as we were even in the life that we lived, but in the life that we lived we cannot fully realize this, because the mind takes first place.

Separation, or the belief in separation, is what causes us misery, its just like you toe, its connected to you, but you have no idea what is going on there unless you kick it, this is like when we Awaken, we are kicked into the realization of who we truly are, and we then can see the truth, not with our eye's but with our inner Being, it at last has recognized its SELF in the mirror of Enlightenment.
Old 28-01-2012, 02:51 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Separation, or the belief in separation, is what causes us misery, its just like you toe, its connected to you, but you have no idea what is going on there unless you kick it, this is like when we Awaken, we are kicked into the realization of who we truly are, and we then can see the truth, not with our eye's but with our inner Being, it at last has recognized its SELF in the mirror of Enlightenment.

Have you studied Buddhism? Because that is one of the reasons for suffering according to Buddha.
I wish people not only found that truth about separation regarding each other, but animals...

What do you think will happen when you die?
Old 28-01-2012, 03:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Have you studied Buddhism? Because that is one of the reasons for suffering according to Buddha.
I wish people not only found that truth about separation regarding each other, but animals...

What do you think will happen when you die?
I have read many philosophies, including Buddhism, but I don't make my camp there, I don't hold onto any of their beliefs.

We are all One, and that includes animals, in fact we are animals.

When I die that's it, the life of Robert is over, but the Consciousness of Robert is there, where it always was, it goes nowhere.

Other bodies will appear in Consciousness, but they will have their own story to tell, and all these stories are part of your story, the story just continues, through evolution, the mind body organism just continues, its really one in its self also, and that is where you will continue, because you are the mind body in evolution, but again your story will be a new story, no an old one continuing.
Old 31-01-2012, 01:00 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I have read many philosophies, including Buddhism, but I don't make my camp there, I don't hold onto any of their beliefs.

We are all One, and that includes animals, in fact we are animals.

When I die that's it, the life of Robert is over, but the Consciousness of Robert is there, where it always was, it goes nowhere.

Other bodies will appear in Consciousness, but they will have their own story to tell, and all these stories are part of your story, the story just continues, through evolution, the mind body organism just continues, its really one in its self also, and that is where you will continue, because you are the mind body in evolution, but again your story will be a new story, no an old one continuing.

First, forgive me for taking so long to reply, the day after we talked I had this huge headache, and this days I haven't been feeling so well, emotionally wise...

I love how you think of animals, I am very sure that only until humans learn to respect them will they be able to respect other human beings as well.

So is your conciousness the equivalent of a soul for you? Is this great Conciusness the same as "God" for you?

For me they are, but I believe only after you become what buddhists call "enlightened" would you finally be able to join this great Conciousness which I believe can only be achieved by removing all karma, hence coming back until you are ready.
Old 31-01-2012, 01:30 AM
Master
Hi Suikagirl, nice to talk to you again, yes i love all animals very much, in fact I don't even like eating them lol.

Our Consciousness is all that there IS, I don't like to label it but we have to talk abut what IS I suppose, to me the soul is our energy package, or the life force that animates throughout the mind body organism, when the body dies the life force dissolves back into Consciousness, to me the soul doesn't continue onward's.

You could call this Consciousness God, but that only causes dualism, in fact any word we apply to what IS becomes dualistic, but then we think of the word and miss what the word points to.

Enlightenment is just another word that points to your true nature, what Enlightenment brings, is already there, you are where you have always been, you haven't gone anywhere, where you stand is always holy ground, when one Awakens, they simply Realize this, as long as we believe this through just the mind, we will always still be in the mind, Enlightenment must be experienced by you only, but when i say you, i don't mean you as your ego, that must disappear first, or be put out of sight, for it will always be in the way.

Karma is again of the mind, no mind no karma, as long as we believe we are the mind we will always be under Karma, when Realized, karma also dissolves.

There will still be what we call good and bad happening, but you will now realize it to be nothing to do with you, you no longer get involved, or no where as much.

The mind is the only thing that makes you think you are coming back, and in a way that package of energy that has recorded all your programming and conditioning does come back, but when one is awakened, that package of energy at death also dissolves.

These words that I have spoken are not to be taken as truth, they can only point to truth, you must find for your SELF your own inner truth.
Old 31-01-2012, 02:28 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
Why is that good people and/or those who want to live die or are killed. But those who only bring suffering and/or want to die keep on living?
God doesn't use the death penalty.

Some karma is reserved for the next life - this is Buddhist and Hindu tradition.

Also I regressed into pre-incarnation. Might have hallucinated it but others here have validated it.

Lastly, God personally descended and told me I'm immortal.
Old 31-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Master
People always say that. I don't think it's true. Made me think of what my doctor gave me a stern lecture on once. She knew about my miserable abusive marriage and said I needed to get out. "Don't wait for him to simply die because his health is bad! My father is an abusive, controlling man. He was so cruel to my mother, and she always felt he would die soon. the man's 89 years old now and just the same miserable, mean b*astard he was as in his younger days! Get out NOW!" I saw a lawyer. lol
Old 31-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Why is that good people and/or those who want to live die or are killed. But those who only bring suffering and/or want to die keep on living?

Good question. I don't have an answer but it does make you see things differently when you see the reality of this.....it seems like life isn't fair sometimes when you look at others but it seems to make complete sense when we look at ourselves...don't you think?......anyways, at the very least it helps us to understand that we really don't understand and that is a good place to start...........

Blessings, James
Old 31-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Master
My mom is dying. We didn't have the greatest of relationships. But was she a bad person? Not really. She had a side to her with a heart of gold, but the flip side was different. I don't know why it is that way, but it is. She's still my mom and I love her immensely. My dad is a wonderful, wonderful man, my role model in many ways... he's got his own health issues. I feared he wouldn't make it out of last year, but he is a fighter and he sprung back to life it seems. Mom doesnt have what dad has, but she has lung cancer, so it makes it harder. She's about 70 pounds now. Startling to see her. Dad called me a bit ago and said she's getting worse and we'll have to bring her bed down stairs. So I'm going over there shortly to get her out of the house and tend to some of her needs and see about re-arranging stuff. Anyway, I think it's all just that we are looking at those that are dying or died. My daughter's boyfriend died in 2009... he was a spitfire, but a real good kid. Sadly tragedies happen all the time...we never know when our time of this life is up.