Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 21-02-2012, 09:59 PM
hawkmoth65

Torchwood....love it and feared it had been s*******

Dr Who....the post 2005 material mainly but some good Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker stuff

The Outer Limits....1995 to 2002 mainly

All the original Star Treks plus Star Trek TNG

Yes and UFO I remember as a kid....the series with the 'Interceptors' based on the moon right?
Old 21-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
UFO was AWESOME for it's time - am looking into getting the whole series on DVD.

Shiny silver miniskirts and purple french bob cuts...Scrumdiddliumscious!!!
Oh and there were ufos and aliens too.
Old 21-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkmoth65
Torchwood....love it and feared it had been s*******

Dr Who....the post 2005 material mainly but some good Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker stuff

The Outer Limits....1995 to 2002 mainly

All the original Star Treks plus Star Trek TNG

Yes and UFO I remember as a kid....the series with the 'Interceptors' based on the moon right?
Yep, that's the one hawk.

Gerry and Silvia Anderson's brilliant transition into live action, from the Thundebirds and Captain Scarlet.
Actually, UFO borrows heavily from Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons(sp?)
Old 21-02-2012, 11:42 PM
hawkmoth65

A friend of mine has just reminded me of 'Blake's 7'.How could I have forgotten it??

Yes AC now I come to think of it,UFO did remind me of Captain Scarlet.

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century

Planet of the Apes

The Tomorrow People

Time Tunnel

The Man from Atlantis

V
Old 23-02-2012, 06:20 AM
sesheta

Yep - I grew up watching the original Star Trek series - my dad was a huge fan, so I became one, as well! It's one of the first things I can ever remember seeing on TV...I think my dad made sure I could do the Vulcan greeting with my hands before I could walk, lol!!
However, I was never a fan of any of the other Star Trek series...just can't beat an original, I guess :)
Old 23-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Humm

I own the full Star Trek TOS on Blu-Ray - So cool! For my B-day last year my daughter bought me a vintage record album - 'The Two Sides of Leonard Nimoy', with such classic hits as 'Spock Thoughts', 'Highly Illogical', and 'The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins' (youtube that last one if you want a big laugh!).

I don't own any of the others series', but I plan to eventually.
Old 23-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Enya

I've seen a recording of Nimoy singing clear a room of star trek fans - I kid you not. Fastest exits I've ever seen...

Right now, we're big fans of 'Fringe'. Brilliant series!
Old 24-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Mountain-Goat

One of my efforts that i regard as worthy of a plug, in case you missed it.
The Leonard Nimoy Principle.

Now with three times the number of vid links for your cerebral pleasure.

The Tomorrow People.
Production values and style similar to earlier Dr.Whos.
I only saw a few episodes, it was an unusual show.

Do not recall ever seeing an Outer Limits episode, though i remember a few Twilight Zone ones.

StarTrek TOS. Cheap tv stations back in brisban that they never played all the episodes from the 3 seasons is it?

And hoy boy, they still want like $60 per season here.

Hey yeah, Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants, Voyage to the bottom of the sea.
Old 21-03-2012, 06:39 AM
Henri77

Just joined... and reviewing X Files at Netflix......
I quit watching TV entirely when Mulder left the series....and still love the great writing on this show.......Am rewatching select episodes that aren't full of mutants- murders

Discovered and watched Heroes first few dozen episodes,,,,, but it devolved into a horror series and I don't dig horror.....
anyway Hi y'all
Old 23-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Henri77

God but I love X Files
How they mixed intelligent wit with drama ...or even parody & drama is enchanting. Probably why it lasted 7-8yrs.

Wonderful, subtle storytelling- story evolution ......not revealing more than needed to keep the mystery....

Heroes lacked any humor , except the slapstick of Hiro .... otherwise it was dead serious drama-horror ... a pity as the concept-characters were great

I can't think of ANY tv sci-fi with the intelligent subtle wit-sarcasm of X Files. Or such lovable-complex-imperfect lead characters.

And the poetic epilogue was unique for it's time (something Heros mimicked successfully)