Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 25-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Fujiwara Kaito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colhad75
I'm not successful because I don't have a wife, house, car, and I don't work. I can't get near a woman which depresses me.

A successful person is one who has a good life, good job, house, wife, car. These are things I don't have. I think cos I've missed out this life they are things I'll have in my next life. Just a theory.

I too am unemployed, I do not have a car, I do not have many things most do.
But I consider myself a successful person.
I enjoy living, creating, enjoying artwork.
It is good to take advantage of your creative abilities.
Learn new skills enjoy creating product for yourself and for others.
Most learning resources are available online at no cost.
If you need help finding, feel free to message me to ask.
Old 25-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Knower

Interesting question, Colhad…

But before I answer the original question I wish to say that I agree with other responses in that success does not equal a mate, ownership of a home, or employment. Though these things are desired, I get the feeling it is important for you to gain clarity on why you believe you ‘need’ these things in this life… observe and explore why you feel this way. Because they would make feel like better human being or are you thinking about what others have?

You came in with plan. Discovering what your life journey is… that is the challenge. Though it is interesting to ponder whether one might choose to incarnate and just wing it as the life challenge/lesson. Hey, it could happen.

As for planning ahead for future life… I believe we can begin contemplating it now. However, I don’t get so caught up in a future life that I miss the importance of this one.

LOL Some of my thoughts for the next life are very simple… I will be able to carry a tune… my singing in this life is down right scary. My desire is to awaken to spiritually earlier than I did in this life. One of my dear Guides is also someone I have had many loving lives with. I hope we will agree to reunite in the physical in a future life. Maybe live in a country setting? Red hair? I’ll consider the details when I am hanging out with my soul group in spirit while taking a break between lives. Oh, and asking ahead of time that my soul group assists me in my choices so maybe I can avoid some of those moments where I have found myself asking… What the hell was I thinking?

Love, hugs, hope and blessings.
Old 25-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Yassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colhad75
I'm not successful because I don't have a wife, house, car, and I don't work. I can't get near a woman which depresses me.

I have all these things except for a wife but I consider myself successful not because of that. I'm successful because I haven't sold my soul out trying to get all this stuff.

Please don't be so negative because you're creating your future at the current moment. Try to be more positive and I'm sure you'll succeed in everything.
Good luck!
Old 25-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Juanita

Just like you are not able to remember your past lives (maybe a glimpse now and then) you cannot plan your next life ..... all your planning will be done when you are on the otherside and see what opportunities you have missed and what lessons you wanted to learn, but didn't.....We do come to this life with a plan.....there is a reason for everything and everything happens for a reason, so just live in the "now" and keep on trucking.......
Old 25-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Master
Success is a funny thing and it bears some scrutiny in regards to ones choices and accomplishments.

I have been very successful in the sense that I have the opportunities to keep doing what I'm best at even though the normal success that might come with this would include more of the stuff like cars and homes etc.

If you are able to keep doing what interests you without too much accommodation to normal concerns then this must be a form of success but what's of more interest to me is whether going off in other directions, given this accommodation to be able to make choices, is thwarted if you are too far from your core interest... and in that respect how much guidance from outside is directing you.

So what I'm saying is that our success has to be founded on the the context of our own life and also measured against how stringent it is or isn't set within a possible framework. If then our life and it's discoveries are quite "narrow" then we could actually get a fairly good idea about what's coming next.
Old 25-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Experiencer

Hi all.

I've read all your comments with interest and thankyou for all your advice.

I guess I've had a lot of people put me down particularly at school and at home. A lot of it when I was growing up so all my negativity stems from that period of my life.

I know I ned to overcome this depression, it is there for me to overcome. I've tried, and at times I've felt I was coming out of it. I still feel I am it's just I fall into a heap at times. I have been in a state for a number of weeks now, the worst it's been in months.

I've been hurt so much I guess maybe I allowed myself to be hurt. I am very sensitive to comments people make.

I would like to create a happier life as I feel that I have been depressed for too long. I make the decision to aim for happiness but there always seems to be something to hold me back.

I feel I will overcome it and there are happier times ahead, I've made my mind up that I wish to end this depressing stage of my life. There has to be a turning point, I'd like to make it happen.
Old 26-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Master
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I too had lots of put downs and even know get them every so often... so what!

What it really comes down to is being what you are inspite of what others think you should be... you be yourself for long enough the disparaging remarks drop away and you find it's all turned complementary... which isn't all it's cracked up to be believe me!

They're either dissing you or applauding you and the difference ain't worthy of anything. The similarities are what counts. The similarities are you're different and we need to distance ourselves from you so we can stay being the same.

Depression and elation are two sides of the same coin, and you my friend, just have to figure out the coin is being you. Nothing else... And if it's a big coin then know it's a big you coming out and be glad your worthy enough inside to hold that coin... even if up until now you've haven't figured out how to hold it up.

Go and get some books out about the lives of people you'd look up to if you met them. Stories about lives that took guts and determination and realise that nine times outta ten they overcame obstacles that the silver spoon fed couldn't even contemplate.

The balls of a big man aren't necessarily big in reality my friend... but they are big in Spirit!
Old 27-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Aquarian

Depression is treatable. Even CBT works on the commonest form of depression. The drugs do nothing of course...
Old 27-11-2011, 10:13 AM
arive nan

Some people do benefit from antidepressants. I did. A lot. I was rather impressed with how well they worked for me. When I finally decided to go to a doctor as a last resort, I was in this state where nothing I could try was helping me feel any better and I felt like I had no energy or concentration to do most of the things that could help me feel better. But after about a week of treatment I felt so much better.

At that point I only had one visit with the therapist and that visit was mostly about figuring out which direction to go with the therapy. But I also got a prescription and had started taking that and after I was on it for about a week I noticed that I was, for the first time in many months, able to go through a day without having disturbingly dark thoughts and I could concentrate better and do things that I like to do again. The entire time I was on them, I had no thoughts of harming myself and my thoughts were not racing around in circles of negativity, which made it a lot easier to concentrate enough to follow the other kinds of treatment I was doing with the therapist.

It doesn't work this well for everyone. Some have bad experiences with prescription antidepressants. For some, there's just no affect. But for some people, it does help. So I want to say this because I would not want people to be persuaded to completely write off medication as an option. I generally recommend getting treatment from a trained therapist or psychologist as well as a psychiatrist at first at least when dealing with depression, if you are able to do that. A good doctor who specializes in treating depression can make a huge difference in helping you recover sooner and helping you have a better chance at avoiding a relapse.

I know many people prefer to just deal with depression on their own, and I was the same way. I just reached a point where nothing I could do on my own was working at all. I didn't think I could afford it either, but then I found out that my county's health board had a program to help low income people get treatment for depression and they took care of the cost for me. So there may be something like that in your area. Although it is possible for some people to find some self-help techniques that work for them on their own, I don't recommend trying this if it is possible for you to get help. Depression may be very common, but it is an illness that has a significant affect one one's health and well-being in many ways. You're still the one who has to do the work at getting better, so it's still you who is pulling yourself up out of the depression by following the treatment, but it can be a so much easier and faster and more effective and long-lasting recovery to have someone who specializes in treating depression to guide you.
Old 27-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
Depression is treatable. Even CBT works on the commonest form of depression. The drugs do nothing of course...

That's interesting coz arive nan says the drugs work very well.

Sometimes if the brain chemistry is out of whack medicine works... and I think it is a last resort like arive explained, and there are very severe cases like suicidal ones where the drugs are actually life saving.

There iseems to be a lot of benefits that people do experience...

... but sometimes emotional trauma is not a brain chemistry problem, it might be symptoms of many years of duress, imprisonment, violence or some form of degradation.