Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 10:48 PM
rose

Wim Wender's Wings of Desire

has anyone seen this film about angels who look after Berlin and one falls in love with a woman and becomes "fallen"?

hollywood copied it with City of Angels but i have no desire to see it after the original...which is beautiful.

any thoughts to share on this film?
Old 15-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Administrator
I love this film!
It is a masterpiece, and Wim Wenders is one of my favourite directors. His film 'Until the End of the World' (Bis ans Ende der Welt) is great too.

I particularly like the alternating between the Black and White and the Colour to identify the two worlds of Angels and Humans. And Peter Falk (Columbo) - that's a funny little sideplot!
There is one particular scene, where the old man is walking across a field where a factory or flats used to be and he is lamenting the loss of his friends, that everything he knew seems to have gone - there is nothing left worth living for - I could feel his pain...
And when the man is sitting on top of that building and the angels weep at not being able to help him....
But this is truly a most wonderful film - Solveig Dommartin is a real beauty .

There is actually a 'sequel' to this film called Faraway, So Close (In weiter Ferne, So Nah!) - I haven't seen it yet, but it's supposed to be good also.
...Sigh...
Mortality is as fragile as a Rose.
(From a note found on an Altar next to a single red Rose, signed by "The Goth Bride")
Love is the most important thing in the world...
http://www.devolution.co.uk | http://www.mattwarne.com | http://www.voluptas.info
Old 16-10-2006, 06:27 AM
rose

thanks devolution :)

i adore this film too. i'm new to wim wenders' films even though his name has been in my conscious ness for years. U2 did some music for him i remember. and i used to love U2. still do really.

you are so right about the amazing ability wenders and this film have to get us to truly empathise with these people.

it's so poetical in everyway. it was a treasure for me to go to berlin this year soon after seeing the film. it was one of the most remarkable places i have ever been to, on so many levels. just like the film :)

i hope to see more of his films. i'll try and find Until the End of the World. that is one of my favourite U2 songs also. made with the film.
Closed Thread