Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 06-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Master
I think I know what a synchronicity is now.

(I love how I glance at the clock at 3:33.)

Anyway, I know some of you have heard of my grandmother's recent passing. I'm grateful for all the support you guys have offered me. I was never really sad to begin with; I'm happy for her!

But prior to this whole experience, I never exactly knew what a synchronicity was. I didn't know what it entailed. I read definitions, but they never made much sense.

Well, now I know. Check this out: (took this from my blog)

+ We found out about my grandma's passing on Jan 10th. The night before, it had snowed so much that the announcement regarding school closure in my county was made that same night (that rarely happens in our county; they want us at school even when ice is coating the road.. and they don't make up their mind until early the next day).

+ We headed on the road to attend her funeral early the next morning, noting that school was also closed that day (the 11th). It took us 15 minutes to get out of our neighborhood because of this one icy little hill that we couldn't climb. But just when my dad said, "We need a little push," the car was able to get out of the neighborhood.

+ Our family stayed out of town from the 11th to the 14th. School was closed all week. I was ecstatic because I absolutely HATE missing school. (I like to keep on top of things). And I didn't have to miss one day!

+ My mom stayed behind (this was her mom who had passed away) to help her dad cope with the loss, clean up the house, etc. Just a few days ago, she sent a box of stuff she wanted to keep. She just came home yesterday, and the box "coincidentally" arrived yesterday, as well.

+ You know what else arrived yesterday? My acceptance to SCAD. Not only that - they're offering me an academic honors scholarship of $5000 per year. (But I'll probably be living off campus, so that's about $3500). So I was able to share that with her, too.

+ On the way home from the airport yesterday, my parents picked up food for us. My brother and I wanted sushi; my parents wanted pizza. Well, the sushi shop we always visit "coincidentally" had two packs of pre-made sushi left: unagi/eel rolls (my brother's fave) and the combo I always get. And it was busy.

+ Lastly, the banana muffins that my dad and I eat (I eat them on school days; he eats them on weekends) ran out yesterday. My mom makes those muffins. The number of muffins we had left prior to leaving for the funeral was enough to last us until my mom came home. We had no idea.

In a nutshell: I miss no school even after being gone for 4 days, it "coincidentally" snows 3-4 inches (which is uncommon where I live) the day before my grandma passes away, the box my mom sent to herself arrived the same day she did, my SCAD acceptance/scholarship award arrived the same day she did, there are "coincidentally" two packs of the sushi we like left at the store (during a busy hour), and the banana muffins my mom made ran out the day she comes home.

*PS: The last time school in my county was closed for an entire week was 10 years ago - when we moved here.

Now I understand what a synchronicity is. And it's freaking cool as heck. :)