Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 15-05-2016, 11:40 PM
Experiencer

Why do you think certain people seem to fill a void in you?

In short, there are 2 people in my life who are distinctly and dramatically different from everyone else I've ever met. And I cannot figure out why.

One guy is a romantic interest. Immediate chemistry and an obvious mutual attraction, though we aren't dating. Gives me feelings and sensations that no one else has ever given me. He is simply magnetic and I cannot pull away. Something in his eyes is enchanting and familiar on a deeper level, and he makes me nervous [in a good way, but uncontrollable] like nothing else can. Eye contact is extremely difficult to make but when we do, everything else quite literally fades away. Everything blurs except his eyes.

The other is difficult to describe. He is many years older than me, and although it is not a romantic interest, he has a very similar magnetic pull effect. He apparently is very well-liked by everyone, but it appears to be a mutual connection, and he goes out of his way to help me specifically more than he needs to. For some reason I also get nervous before seeing him, but he makes me happy and I have always felt extremely comfortable around him. I easily hold eye contact with him, and his eyes are very comfortable and familiar. I think we are very much alike in a lot of ways.

The strange part is, being around one guy makes me forget about the other for a while. Not being around either one for any length of time makes me feel a bit sad, like something is missing. Like you discovered a new hobby that you really, really love, but you only get to do it once in a while, and in between those times you miss it.

Somehow it feels like these 2 guys fill a void [the same void?] that I was not even aware of until they came into my life. And for some reason, they are the only 2 people I have ever met that do that, that make me feel whole. Why do you think that is?
Old 16-05-2016, 11:12 PM
Master

oh my! I read some of your threads and you've been all over the map.

I connect with most people, I just sort of 'get' people, so it is a little different for me to know someone who is special enough to be attracted with... my main problem is I connect a little too well then have to erect walls sigh.

from my POV there is a relatively small group of (mates, potential mates?) that I've been with over a period of many lifetimes. I saw something once that made me think that at some point in the past we had all been in the same place talking directly to one another. But all my recent memories are mostly one-on-one.

I don't know much about how it is for the other people in this group, do they have other attractions than me either inside or outside the group? Some things I've heard say they must and other things I've heard say I'm the only interest. Maybe it is different for different ones sigh...

anyway thanks for your various threads, you paint a pretty picture of another side of my dilemma
Old 17-05-2016, 12:10 AM
Master

I sorta wanted to say, I'm kind of a mix between your two 'guys' in this thread. I like her a tremendous amount - and she's been really good for me despite the fact we hardly know each other.

I can't do anything about it though. Any time I've tried with someone or any time the other person has tried with me there has been a barrier. I don't want to even try to deal with that any more, tears of loss seem the only thing I'll be able to have out of all this.
Old 17-05-2016, 01:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I sorta wanted to say, I'm kind of a mix between your two 'guys' in this thread. I like her a tremendous amount - and she's been really good for me despite the fact we hardly know each other.

I can't do anything about it though. Any time I've tried with someone or any time the other person has tried with me there has been a barrier. I don't want to even try to deal with that any more, tears of loss seem the only thing I'll be able to have out of all this.
stay in the vortex.
once you're within the energy of feeling "really good", stay there.
don't let circumstances tell you how you're feeling, feel a certain way,
and tell the universe to provide the circumstances that support those
feelings. you can choose your emotions... choose joy.
watch some Abraham Hicks videos.
Old 17-05-2016, 07:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanalei
In short, there are 2 people in my life who are distinctly and dramatically different from everyone else I've ever met. And I cannot figure out why.

One guy is a romantic interest. Immediate chemistry and an obvious mutual attraction, though we aren't dating. Gives me feelings and sensations that no one else has ever given me. He is simply magnetic and I cannot pull away. Something in his eyes is enchanting and familiar on a deeper level, and he makes me nervous [in a good way, but uncontrollable] like nothing else can. Eye contact is extremely difficult to make but when we do, everything else quite literally fades away. Everything blurs except his eyes.

The other is difficult to describe. He is many years older than me, and although it is not a romantic interest, he has a very similar magnetic pull effect. He apparently is very well-liked by everyone, but it appears to be a mutual connection, and he goes out of his way to help me specifically more than he needs to. For some reason I also get nervous before seeing him, but he makes me happy and I have always felt extremely comfortable around him. I easily hold eye contact with him, and his eyes are very comfortable and familiar. I think we are very much alike in a lot of ways.

The strange part is, being around one guy makes me forget about the other for a while. Not being around either one for any length of time makes me feel a bit sad, like something is missing. Like you discovered a new hobby that you really, really love, but you only get to do it once in a while, and in between those times you miss it.

Somehow it feels like these 2 guys fill a void [the same void?] that I was not even aware of until they came into my life. And for some reason, they are the only 2 people I have ever met that do that, that make me feel whole. Why do you think that is?

Often when you get to the core of yourself, feelings become quite strong in that you ascertain that the *other* is doing all this in me, yet the activation is really just you doing all this in reflection with the other/s around you that you feel this in you reflecting on them. Attachments work in everyway until we end them and separate them from us as doing and being all that. You are the source of all this, just for now your using the closeness of those revealing this in you to build and know yourself deeper.

The feeling of whole is your own, and once you let them go in you, you may then feel and learn how to feel and be whole alone. When your at the soul level of opening this often happens more so, because the soul will merge closely with the reflection required to let go deeper and allow you to open to yourself as a complete source. At the soul level we are all connected. And often deeper connections show up to open us to more of what our own source of connection can be with anyone.

So naturally you get people dancing with god, with bliss, with others as their source, when in fact they are really dancing with themselves in all that creation and feeling more alive in themselves.

Letting go at this point to know you as the source in you alone can be quite daunting to anyone who believes in reasons why they feel complete, other than we feel it. The unknown in feeling for no reason scares some, we attach reasons to just being open to feel whatever we feel and create a life accordingly.

We build unhealthy attachments within the core of our being and often they will show up eventually, to show whether we are building healthy attachments with others that we can freely let go of and know we are complete without them or unhealthy ones where we feel incomplete without them and consequently cannot know how it is to feel complete in ourselves just with ourselves.

Healthy or unhealthy attachments are often formed when very young with our source/parental connections and how we develop our healthy sense of self from those sources. So the masculine is sometimes a representation of the father model. Meaning your parent father or a model of energy that is kindred to one of our main carers. This is reflected in those your using as the source to make you believe you require them to feel complete.

You may for now but you will most likely move into building this source for you alone. To then connect more with your own feeling of completeness and allowing others to just be themselves.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 17-05-2016, 08:06 AM
Suspended

Well said, naturesflow

I believe each individual is already one and complete, it just takes time to come to this realization...

Instead of externalizing this sense of wholeness outside of you, try changing your perception to internalizing those feelings within yourself...as you go deeper and work on your inner-self the feeling of being one and whole with yourself becomes clearer until you reach a point where you begin to feel it from within your own being...
Old 17-05-2016, 09:41 PM
Guide
Well, do you believe in the concept of soul families? I think that could partially explain these sort of feelings (generally speaking). Especially if, when you meet someone, it feels like remembering rather than something new, even if the feelings are new to you. As if you and these others come from the same star and are recognizing each other/reflected in one another. And they can make you cognizant of that which you were previously blind to within yourself (hence the feeling of a void being filled)

What naturesflow and Somnia said is also correct, though.
Old 17-05-2016, 11:00 PM
Experiencer

I haven't thought about it much but I do think there is some truth to soul families. It does make sense to me.

I think I understand what you guys are saying. But I feel like it must be something about these people specifically. The 2 guys I mentioned specifically, I know other people who are extremely similar to them but for some reason, they are the only ones I feel so connected to. There are other people I've spent far more time with and technically am more "connected" with, but for some reason, just don't have the same feeling. I don't miss them when I'm away from them like I miss these guys. I feel the separation. With most people, I don't. I don't understand why.

I have never felt empty or felt like I'm missing anything. I've always felt complete and confident with myself. But somehow these certain people add to it. Maybe normally I am 100% me, but when I'm with them I am 110% myself, and so when they are not there I feel that 10% difference even though I am still 100% complete. Does that make any sense?

I suppose if I am seeing myself in them, somehow, that may make sense too.
Old 17-05-2016, 11:25 PM
Newbie ;)

It is all in the mind.

The way you view certain people, about your own opinion of them represent contents of your mental state. Just like you mentioned, each of these people seems to be serving the perfect objective that complements your desired psychological states. For instance, we've all got a distinct special type of relationships with our father and mother.

Quote:

Old 18-05-2016, 03:04 AM
Guide
Quote:
I haven't thought about it much but I do think there is some truth to soul families. It does make sense to me.

I think I understand what you guys are saying. But I feel like it must be something about these people specifically. The 2 guys I mentioned specifically, I know other people who are extremely similar to them but for some reason, they are the only ones I feel so connected to. There are other people I've spent far more time with and technically am more "connected" with, but for some reason, just don't have the same feeling. I don't miss them when I'm away from them like I miss these guys. I feel the separation. With most people, I don't. I don't understand why.

I have never felt empty or felt like I'm missing anything. I've always felt complete and confident with myself. But somehow these certain people add to it. Maybe normally I am 100% me, but when I'm with them I am 110% myself, and so when they are not there I feel that 10% difference even though I am still 100% complete. Does that make any sense?

I suppose if I am seeing myself in them, somehow, that may make sense too.

I don't doubt that there is indeed something different about these two people (and a real, valid..something there), something more, since I've experienced the exact same thing before. Like you said, others who share their same traits, or even same personalities simply don't cause the same indescribable feeling as they do. Unfortunately I don't have an explanation for it. I suggested the idea of soul families since, to me, I feel those sorts of connections (for lack of a better term) can be every bit as profound as the much more often discussed "twin flame/soulmate" type thing. (Apologies, I'm quite groggy, so I'm not being very eloquent)