Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 06-06-2019, 08:37 PM
Newbie ;)

What is Spirituality ?

Namaskar,

what is spirituality ?
Reason I am asking this is coz i see word spirituality used in each and every religion.

Thanks
Old 06-06-2019, 11:22 PM
Guide
Hi garry420,

To me, true spirituality is to be open and free. Without any inhibitions or conditions. To know we are this Universe, and be fully connected in the present moment. To live from the outside in as well as the inside out.

Anything else is then a concept or a belief system that in turn brings restrictions and constraints. So instead of holding onto something, only by letting go do we truly become spiritual.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 07-06-2019, 10:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by garry420
Namaskar,

what is spirituality ?
Reason I am asking this is coz i see word spirituality used in each and every religion.

Thanks

Every religion, and culture, has their own definition of what "spirituality" is or is not. For me the word spirituality
refers to the presence of divine spirit. It is more of and experience than it is anything else in my opinion.
The word spirituality is and attempt to put a label on that which can not be labeled, thus it is explained in many
different ways because it defies explanation. It is beyond words and thoughts, it is the purest presence of being.
Old 07-06-2019, 08:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Namaskar,

what is spirituality ?

Thanks

Agree with Starman.

For me, spirituality refers to our relationship with our own spiritual nature, the Higher Self, our Soul, call it what you will. This Higher Self naturally seeks expression on the physical plane, which requires some kind of conscious connection between the Higher Self and our everyday awareness.

Religions may talk about the spiritual, but how many representatives of these religions actually have any kind of conscious connection with the Higher Self? Some do, but many seem to just be promoting a particular set of doctrines without knowing the reality they speak of.

Peace.
Old 08-06-2019, 03:32 AM
janielee

Agree with Starman and iamthat.
Old 08-06-2019, 10:03 AM
Master
Hi,

I like what Starman and iamthat said. I would add that living your life as if you were an immortal spiritual being and not a biological creature is the practice of spirituality.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 08-06-2019, 10:10 AM
Master

Spirituality may be said to be the voluntary prioritising of our attention in the internal eternal instead of the external ephemeral in thought, word & deed with a view to seeking Divine Love connectedness for the sake of Love alone.

Old 08-06-2019, 04:29 PM
Master

spirituality

In general every body is spiritual . When the spirit from the body goes , people take the body to crematorium /cemetery .

Now the spirituality it to
1. understand this spirit in self / others , experience it and eventually experience the oneness of the same .
2. To do above it on increasing basis consciously ethically while not ignoring material realities / rules /pleasures (in reasonable measure). This eventually removes the fear of death because realization leads to firm conviction spirit is eternal and spirit within me is part of larger super spirit and when we die we just change the form and spirit still continues onward journey.
3. To discover the purpose of life from above spiritual orientation and bring it into actions. Thoughts howsoever noble have little value unless put to action.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:08 AM
Guide

I like Ghost Rider’s post. My spirituality flourishes when I let go... and there is freedom in the flow...

For the sake of love alone yes, (Unseeking Seeker) This is when I feel most aligned with Spirit.

Concepts and belief systems seem to matter less and less.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:37 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Namaskar,

what is spirituality ?

Thanks
I have to agree with Haile Selassie on this one, nobody has said it better -

The temple of the most high begins with the human body, which houses our life, essence of our existence. Africans are in bondage today because they approach spirituality through Religion provided by foreign invaders and conquerors. We must stop confusing religion and spirituality. Religion is a set of rules, regulations and rituals created by humans which were supposed to help people grow spiritually.
Due to human imperfection religion has become corrupt, political, divisive and a tool for power struggle. Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is simply a way of life, pure and original as was given by the Most High. Spirituality is a network linking us to the Most High, the universe and each other. As the essence of our existence it embodies our culture, true identity, nationhood and destiny. A people without a nation they can really call their own is a people without a soul. Africa is our nation and is in spiritual and physical bondage because her leaders are turning to outside forces for solutions to African problems when everything Africa needs is within her. When African righteous people come together, the world will come together. This is our divine destiny.

It's been said that religion was the pathway to Spirituality - Spirituality was the 'what' and religion was the 'how'.