Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 30-05-2019, 07:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
God-like, you seems to have done cherry picking from here and there, and completely confused yourself. This is what your notes above shows.

Nonduality/advaita is a very hard philosophy to comprehend, and it takes a subtle intellect in this regard. The dangers of delusion and vague understanding is constantly highlighted in Jnana Yoga.

Do study from a recognised teacher and you will be able to comprehend better. Nonduality is not about intellectual understanding but experiential understanding through samadhi. Through the intellect, you will only confuse yourself, I have seen a couple of people here and in other forums who have misunderstood nonduality, and living in delusion.

What I have done is condensed the main ingredients that are pure awareness, self, mind associations through identifications, suffering and attachments . I am not confused nor do I need a recognised teacher to understand more of what I have experienced for myself . This is why I can reflect upon self, awareness, attachments in reflection of the mind .. Please point out to me why I am confused because just saying that I am doesn't cut the mustard .

Quote:
Why the obsession with Tolle's money ! Tolle was not born with a silver spoon like Trump or Prince Charles.

He has recounted in his writings of how he slept in parks and monasteries and so on, and was in financially acute conditions which he managed nonchalantly till he was able to attain success as an author.

No one helped him during those hard times with food or shelter and he had to fend for himself, even though the us and europe spend trillions on creating weapons of mass destruction each year .

So it is hard to understand why people are after him, when he made a decent living for himself without depending on anyone, and not go after the us, russian and european governments who spend trillions of valuable taxpayer money for destructive purposes which is bound to boomerang on them in the long run.

Again please read my posts, there is a common theme that just because I speak about Tolles money in a form of attachment I am supposedly obsessed with his wealth lol . You are absolutely confused and barking up the wrong tree here .

I don't care if he is rich or poor, I don't care if he spent 20 years on a park bench, I am more interested in his attachments in reflection to his teachings, his attachments in regards to his way of living his life .

I don't think about him at all unless I read this thread, I don't follow him, I wish him well . At times I see quotes by teachers and I either resonate with what is said or not based upon my own realizations .

You haven't answered if you understand what I said in regards to attachments .

Do you understand what I said?

Quote:
You are stating such stuff here because you have no idea of nonduality or enlightenment.

The mind, as meant here by Tolle, is the compulsive thinking and emoting process.

The enlightened one lives in present moment awareness, without being dominated by the compulsive thinking and emoting process that dominates the unenlightened and unconscious.

Tolle, can use his mind or thinking process at will as a tool for answering questions, and switch it off when not needed. The unenlightened are not able to do so, and keep on thinking and emoting incessantly, depending on the degree of their unconsciousness, and are dominated by their minds instead of the other way around.

This article by the female enlightened master Jan Frasier can bring some clarity into this....

https://janfrazierteachings.com/being-conscious/

You are again barking up the wrong tree here . I say what I say because it is actual . Have you experienced non functioning? Have you experienced awareness of this world where there is such a minimum self association that there is no references had for what is observed?

If you have some reference for what I have said then you will know the difference between being self identified of the mind (which is suffering) and what is pure awareness without self association .

Please answer this if you may, then all your accusations pertaining to my confusion should disperse from your mind .

If you look at what I have said then when I speak about Tolle cashing his cheques into his personal bank account he needs his intellectual mind engaged through his self identified process .

He doesn't switch his thinking mind off does he in these situations .

When he writes his books, when he teaches, when he makes himself an omelette ..

Again you actually need to read what I have said about the processes of mind engagement and what I have actually said about Tolle .. because all you are doing is coming to some odd conclusion

x daz x
Old 30-05-2019, 07:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin
Good afternoon daz

I may play around a lot on here and I like it like that

I can see as clear as day where your coming from, as I would say a few others do

It seems you are of a minority ..

I have my eye on you Mr Naughty Muffin man ..

x daz x
Old 30-05-2019, 07:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Anyone who "understands" this is probably deeply enmired in thought and mental-mind - nothing wrong with it but a gross variation from the eminent teachers. And also lacking in conclusive depth and spiritual insight.

JL

You couldn't be more wrong, it's the exact opposite and it's part of the point in difference I am making ..

Have you experienced non functioning in a way where there is observational awareness and there is no self reference for that which is observed .

You see this is what Tolle means about non attachment, when there is no self identification had in reflection of what is seen .

I know what non identified attachment is and holding millions in the bank is not non self identified attachment .

If you have no reference to what I have said then please refrain from commenting any further because it is most difficult conversing with you when you don't actually answer what I ask of you ..

So lets have it .. you suggest that I am lacking in conclusive depth and spiritual insight by what I say, so lets hear your account of non identified, non functioning within awareness of observation .

Lets have a conversation on that and lets leave behind the false accusations ..

Then we will see who is confused and who isn't ..

x daz x
Old 30-05-2019, 07:54 AM
Master
I just ran into Eckhart Tolle the other day. He was trying to sell me Heroin but i refused and told him that it would interfere with my mindful awareness. He just rolled his eyes at me. Then when i was walking away i heard him say "what a loser" behind my back.
Old 30-05-2019, 08:59 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
It seems you are of a minority ..

I have my eye on you Mr Naughty Muffin man ..

x daz x

Good afternoon daz

I'll put that a side for a minute

a quote from janiellee from post 217
"Fortunately for us Jesus and Buddha and Hindu teachers and Sufi Masters all lived and functioned quite well - and were able to eat, sleep, procure resources, distribute, teach."

You can't have it both ways, it's one way or the other.

They walked a very fine line and knew of the pitfalls
Old 30-05-2019, 09:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax

So let's be honest (all of us)and admit that we all suffer from our ego.

Yes, we all suffer from our ego because there is a self association present .

I AM = suffering .

Within this self association / identity attachments are formed .

Within this self association / identity we navigate through life conceptually relating what we are as being this or that .

All these thoughts are evaluated / streamed through our intellectual mind in order to make sense out of what is observed and experienced .

Spiritual Masters, Guru's, Teachers are not immune from any of this ..

It's true enough to say however that there is beyond all these self associations, but one has to be clear what the so called environment is for this to be so and this environment doesn't reflect anything mindful .

So one as a good exercise needs to understand what is mindful and what is not ..

One will find that perhaps 90% of a peeps day is mindful in some shape or form, so 'pure awareness' and switching off the thinking mind doesn't really cater for normal life for normal folks ..

I am sure that for some folk they might meditate in some way for hours on end and then the percentage of ordinary mind engagement decreases ..

x daz x
Old 30-05-2019, 09:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I just ran into Eckhart Tolle the other day. He was trying to sell me Heroin but i refused and told him that it would interfere with my mindful awareness. He just rolled his eyes at me. Then when i was walking away i heard him say "what a loser" behind my back.
Lol.
Dude are you aware of what your wrote?You might get in trouble.Ask the mods to delete it.
Old 30-05-2019, 09:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin
Good afternoon daz

I'll put that a side for a minute

a quote from janiellee from post 217
"Fortunately for us Jesus and Buddha and Hindu teachers and Sufi Masters all lived and functioned quite well - and were able to eat, sleep, procure resources, distribute, teach."

You can't have it both ways, it's one way or the other.

They walked a very fine line and knew of the pitfalls

There are some cool dudes out there that lead by example, that live by example but there is always a side to oneself that encompasses our human nature .. This is part of the parcel of experiencing a human life form ..

I think at times devoted followers of spiritual teachers can lose sight of this and paint a slightly different picture .

x daz x
Old 30-05-2019, 10:25 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
And then spam, chips and mushy peas for dinner
Spam spaaaaaam spamity spam. Isn't this the Monty Python thread?
Old 30-05-2019, 11:06 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
There are some cool dudes out there that lead by example, that live by example but there is always a side to oneself that encompasses our human nature .. This is part of the parcel of experiencing a human life form ..

I think at times devoted followers of spiritual teachers can lose sight of this and paint a slightly different picture .

x daz x

Human leading human, is like the blind leading the blind,
They can only take them to there level.

Thing is, is when one moves on from experiencing it in human life form ..
And starts seeing life in a new light.