Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 23-05-2017, 11:46 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEmbers
What can actually be considered synchronicity and what is the difference between a 'sign' and a 'synchronicity'?

If synchronicty is the occurence of two events without a cause and effect relationship, then does that mean a sign is just one single event?
Or are signs just letter and number sequences in random places?

People say that seeing 11:11 on the clock frequently is synchronicity, they are not really thinking of anything. In that case, would it be a sign?

Would you have to always be thinking about a particular subject at the time you saw the sign?

Does frequency (the amount of times you are given the sign) matter?

What are some examples of signs and synchronicities that you can think of or have experienced?

Are there a set of rules(guidelines) that the synchronicity and signs must follow to be genuine synchronicities and signs?

Also, why do we stop experiencing synchronicity?

It's alot of questions, but I would love some clarity, I think others would benefit from it too.

Thanks guys

have you ever considered that synchronicity is actually manufactured??? might explain some of your questions...
Old 24-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Master

Synchronicity is, based on Jung's description and my own experience, a flash of deep understanding of how the universe works following a moment where two or more remarkable facets come together. This 'flash' completes a picture for you that explains everything that has just occured in relation to the hidden personal forces at work in life.

A synchronicity is the appearance of arcane and unseen or unsuspected forces breaking into the surface of everday reality caused by the residue energy of actions and objects. You'll know one when it happens to you - once in a lifetime perhaps - if you are lucky.
Old 24-05-2017, 08:03 PM
Knower

It's funny, I just had a few minutes to check for something in a feed of photos my aunt told me to look in and the first thing I saw that demanded attention was a giant sculpture of the number 42, something to do with the coordinates for a landmark where she visited or something. Instantly I knew to pay attention but no idea why. I came on this site today and this is the first thread I opened and the first post I really read without distraction (the first at all other than the OP) and voila we have the number 42.

Other than it being the meaning of life or however that cutesy line goes I don't know what it means or what sensible reason there is for paying attention to it but there's my story lol

I would love to believe that all synchronicities could become useful or helpful or we can learn to work with them, but I think sometimes they just happen like a side effect of intentions and energies, or ripples in reality, that are simply to be expected and may not be too terribly worth worrying about putting together into a giant puzzle for the average Josephine like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesix
Here is a passage from an article I wrote for another site:

I experience synchronicities daily, and have been receiving meaningful, informative synchronicities for the last six years. One example is a synchronicity that happened a while back. I read in a book about pendulums acting erratically during solar eclipses. This was a book on Albert Einstien. Later that day, I was watching a video on a totally different theme (weights and measures) and once again, they talked about the pendulum during the eclipse. Different media and topic, same information. This I believe was my prompt to research the phenomenon.
This is one synchronicity from yesterday. I was thinking about canonical numbers, and I thought about the number 42, and how I wasn't sure if it was canonical. Then later that night, I was watching a video by SGD on youtube, who talks about canonical numbers. He did a whole section on the number 42. The Universe wanted me to know this number was indeed important.
Old 24-05-2017, 08:05 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEmbers
I forgot to mention that I haven't seen synchronicity in the last week now and seeing the 22 happened then.

You posted your thread on the 22nd.
Hehhe
Old 25-05-2017, 02:02 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myvie
Other than it being the meaning of life or however that cutesy line goes I don't know what it means or what sensible reason there is for paying attention to it but there's my story lol it

fwiw the templars left us a word-clue as to the construction of the universe. They had supposedly gleaned that and much more from some documents that king solomon had hidden in an underground maze in jerusalem after being granted the knowledge by God. If you turn it into the obvious set of equations, the number 42 figures prominantly in one of the equations. I think that the fact that Doug Adams picked up on it and put it in hitchikers guide to the galaxy was itself a synchronicity.
Old 25-05-2017, 12:32 PM
Master
I experience synchronicities as a matter of due course. Every day, at least a dozen of them.

The trick is to keep your mind and heart open to be able to notice them, no matter how small and insignificant you think it is at the time.

The last deeply significant one happened to me the other day...I walked to the shops in deep thought about my daughters and why they left home at such an early age...without having any contact after that. It was the first time I actually asked the universe for an explanation, instead of blaming myself or them.

I walked into the shopping centre and as soon as I got inside, I heard the song that was playing over the shopping centre's radio...it was Father and Son by Cat Stevens.

I got inside the door and totally froze. Chills were racing up and down my spine like crazy and I had to go and find the nearest seat to sit down before I erupted in tears.

This is a synchronicity.
Old 25-05-2017, 03:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I experience synchronicities as a matter of due course. Every day, at least a dozen of them.

The trick is to keep your mind and heart open to be able to notice them, no matter how small and insignificant you think it is at the time.

The last deeply significant one happened to me the other day...I walked to the shops in deep thought about my daughters and why they left home at such an early age...without having any contact after that. It was the first time I actually asked the universe for an explanation, instead of blaming myself or them.

I walked into the shopping centre and as soon as I got inside, I heard the song that was playing over the shopping centre's radio...it was Father and Son by Cat Stevens.

I got inside the door and totally froze. Chills were racing up and down my spine like crazy and I had to go and find the nearest seat to sit down before I erupted in tears.

This is a synchronicity.

No, that's co-incidence.
Just as looking at the clock and always seeing 11.11
Or meeting Auntie Mary down in the village when thinking of her dog.

A true synchronicity is a very rare thing indeed and leads to a moment one can never forget.
Old 25-05-2017, 05:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
No, that's co-incidence.
Just as looking at the clock and always seeing 11.11
Or meeting Auntie Mary down in the village when thinking of her dog.

A true synchronicity is a very rare thing indeed and leads to a moment one can never forget.
There are some who believe in coincidences and some who do not. I do not.
Old 25-05-2017, 11:48 PM
Master
Lets do it this way:

You are thinking of Auntie Mary's dog. You get a phone call half an hour later from Auntie Mary telling you that her dog just died.

A coincidence is something that you can accept as being a coincidence once...maybe twice, but by the third time one starts 'wising up'.

However, there are people out there and I have a friend like it, who honestly believes that there are no limits on how many times a coincidence can happen as it is still a coincidence. I just feel that such people are being willingly blind and ignorant to the truth and expect everybody else to believe them because any other explanation is 'unscientific'.
Old 26-05-2017, 06:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Lets do it this way:

You are thinking of Auntie Mary's dog. You get a phone call half an hour later from Auntie Mary telling you that her dog just died.

Maybe, but that isn't a synchronicity or a co-incidence,either. It's an everyday happening.