Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 14-05-2019, 04:26 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalsun
This morning I got the feeling " i wish i was born in India". I got in a mood.

I get that feeling.
I call it a heart cry.
I like it, it means the heart is expanding and just waiting for the head to catch up.
Old 14-05-2019, 06:48 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I have to dispel a couple of myths here. Please don't view it in the wrong way. I think there's the chance that we may assume many in India are enlightened or highly 'aware' of souls, ghosts, and some ''grand purpose'' and what have you and assume that people in the ''west'' aren't. But you really can't tell..

1) There's not really such a thing or entity as ''the west''. UK is very different from Sweden, which is very different from Italy, which is very different from the US, etc. etc. Europe for instance is just a conglomerate of very different cultures, that do have some similarities but the differences are always very obvious. When we say ''the west'' we tend to rely on a racist trope (not saying you do this, but it happens unconsciously), where we assume ''white'' dominated countries are ''the west''..

2) India is vastly developing into a modern, high tech society. Materialism is greatly on the rise. I sincerely doubt the majority of Indians are concerned with spiritual growth. I also doubt that Indian spiritual teachings have ''all the answers'', although they may present themselves as such.. ''The Vedas contain everything'' etc. India and other Asian countries are also very destructive now when it comes to the environment and animal life. I wouldn't romanticize. I don't see much ahimsa in all these Buddhist countries where entire forests are cleansed of wildlife so their body parts can be sold to consumers..

3) We tend to think ''the exotic'' got the answers, a case of the grass ''being greener'' on the other side. Yet if you look carefully there's always been variety in most religious and spiritual traditions..

I greatly value a number of eastern teachings but it's not the be all end all..

Good points. Well put.
Old 16-05-2019, 07:33 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I think a trip to India is in order. :-) Never been myself yet. Would love to go though.

I think the OP is referring to this YouTube song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzAml0ywD3E
Old 16-05-2019, 07:41 PM
Suspended
Crystalsun, are you against the new influences in Indian religious music? I saw the use of an electric,bass and acoustic guitar in the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalsun
And now I see some indian rock band, created from ISCON members, playing rock instrumental on a guitar and singing maha mantra in indian, in a western-rock manner. Should I explain who created rock music, what its philosophy is and what it is all about?

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...nd&sp=CAM%253D
Old 16-05-2019, 08:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking a Break
I think the OP is referring to this YouTube song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzAml0ywD3E

I think the song is called Hare Krishna but I could be wrong. I listened to about 10 mins, couldn't do half an hour, got quite wild at one point
Old 16-05-2019, 08:15 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I think the song is called Hare Krishna but I could be wrong. I listened to about 10 mins, couldn't do half an hour, got quite wild at one point

I listened to the whole song but I got bored, only after the 26 minute I could hear maybe half a minute of the electric guitar.
Old 16-05-2019, 08:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking a Break
I listened to the whole song but I got bored, only after the 26 minute I could hear maybe half a minute of the electric guitar.
Yes, it went on too long. Hopefully OP will be back to confirm this is rock band.
Old 16-05-2019, 08:46 PM
Suspended
This is and old development:
THIS STORY IS FROM NOVEMBER 28, 2010
READ MORE AT:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ow/7002580.cms
Old 16-05-2019, 08:52 PM
Master
Yeah, misuse of the word rock.