Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 14-05-2019, 09:13 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabanne
And how can I tell the difference between real and illusion?

In my present self, I have it narrowed down to Divine Love.
This is that which I found deep within.
But peeping through this center, it opens up to all that is.
Old 15-05-2019, 05:44 AM
janielee

Unseeking Seeker - nice
Old 15-05-2019, 05:44 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Actually it isn't a 'pity', my friend...it's all part of the Cosmic Dance. It just is.

Remembering the 'non-duality' of reality is imp on our Path...these
little slips in our words shows the lack of this very necessary understanding.
Saying it is good, bad, a pity...keeps our subconscious mind locked into this false concept.

Just giving some unsolicited advice to a brother on the same Path, as usual !!
LOL

Without concepts, the suffering, sadness and nature of this human form still leaves a lot to be desired, Miss Hepburn.

Namaste.
Old 15-05-2019, 03:46 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

First of all, we do not struggle ... any doing as a doer is counterproductive!

Initially, as a visualisation (later it becomes natural), imagine ourself as formless awareness as our default constitution who has for the moment chosen to ensoul this bodily form.

The body includes senses and the thinking process. Thinking is bifurcated into analytical and intuitive aspects. The analytical is the ego based doer mode ... a thinker thinking thoughts limited by experience of the limited known, that too coloured by perception and contoured by conditioning. The intuitive aspect is discouraged because it is ‘illogical’ and the doer disappears in it, which our limited self or ego does not like! The intuitive aspect allows us to connect and tap into Universal consciousness.

So, we as formless awareness looking at form. Looking without associating. Nonchalant observation. We are not but what is then that which is? Presence. Non-ego self presence.

Viewing some Eckhart Tolle videos might offer clarity on this.

This is also the essence of meditation. What happens during meditation? We are aware but without identity. We empty ourselves, so to speak and in stillness, just be. This allows the Divine energy to pour Itself into the void we have created within. Doing nothing, we simply cognise, imbibe and assimilate the flow.

Hope this explanation helps.

who is doing anything or thinking thoughts?
Old 15-05-2019, 03:48 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance
Okay that’s fair enough. Although, in one sense, we are never not seeing it (since it is THIS before thought says otherwise), there are many habits of mind which can obscure this.

And just to reiterate, regarding the first variation. This self (the specific body-mind-personality-matrix) is a verb, an activity. An expression of a ‘greater scheme’. It is the conceiving of it as separate and inherently existing that is a form of delusion.
How is it that the self is a verb?
And how to see through that form of delusion?
Old 16-05-2019, 11:05 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabanne
How is it that the self is a verb?
And how to see through that form of delusion?

It is habits of mind that condition us and lock us in to the delusion of separation, inherency and permanence. So the question is, how to break or undermine habits of mind?

Have you tried meditation? How long have you been seeking?

Can you discern a clear difference between the narrative mode of mind (daydreaming, ruminating, thinking of the past and future) and direct perception (where you are present with life happening as it happens.) If not, I would suggest meditation until these two modes of mind become easy to discern.
Old 13-06-2019, 10:27 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi this is my understanding, the self exists in our day to day existence which is why we look before we cross the road, the othe side of the coin is that we have another dimension to this which exists without limits, is unchanging and beyond comprehension. This gives true perspective as we exist in both states simultaneously once this is realised. The journey is the spiritual path and has been undertaken by mystics for centuries
Old 13-06-2019, 10:54 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaraja
Hi this is my understanding, the self exists in our day to day existence which is why we look before we cross the road, the other side of the coin is that we have another dimension to this which exists without limits, is unchanging and beyond comprehension.
This gives true perspective as we exist in both states simultaneously once this is realised.
The journey is the spiritual path and has been undertaken by mystics for centuries
Very good!!!!!!!! Love it.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-06-2019, 02:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaraja
Hi this is my understanding, the self exists in our day to day existence which is why we look before we cross the road, the othe side of the coin is that we have another dimension to this which exists without limits, is unchanging and beyond comprehension. This gives true perspective as we exist in both states simultaneously once this is realised. The journey is the spiritual path and has been undertaken by mystics for centuries

So far (until they don't) - your posts resonate with my understanding as well.
Thanks!

Old 18-07-2019, 05:41 AM
Master
The OP appears to be very sharp.

If you are serious about finding such answers you will not find it here. Though i think you figured that out.