Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Closed Thread

Old 20-01-2006, 11:10 AM
DASA

Near Death Experiences?

I realise these might be a rare occurance, but wondered if anyone out there had experienced an NDE? Or you might know someone who did?

There have been lots of books written about the subject since Dr. Raymond Moody coined the phrase back in the 50's/60's, but there has been little attention on it in recent years....

Om Tat Sat,

Das
:-)
Old 26-01-2006, 02:23 AM
Ramvolk

Near Death

Hello,

I was in an accident where I hit a bridge at 120km. My truck jumped 80 feet then rolled another 80 feet. I was found 40 feet from the inital impact. I was brused and thats it. My lung was brused and my legs were smashed up pretty bad but nothing broken. At first I thought what I went threw was a near death experience. I was not ingured enough to be dead but not consious to say the least. I remember nothing as to the physical things that I went threw but I went some where. I remember colors that were more than colors. Sound that made anything on earth seem dull. Feeling beyond feeling.
I found a book called Eyes of an Angel it is by Paul Elder it is an amazing tale of his life. He suffered 2 near death experiences and his discriptions and language give the experiences a feeling for the reader. If you get a book off his website it comes autographed.
I can not say enough about Paul, his book is an amazing true story and a must if you want info on near death.

Matthew T. Volk
www.frozenlife.ca
Old 18-02-2006, 01:57 PM
PrincessJ23

I havnt had a NDE myself but my cousin has. After the death of his sister years ago, he lost control and started taking all kinds of drugs, and eventually ended up on heroin. He had taken several overdoses before this experience. When he took his last overdose he says he remembers seeing everything happening as if he was looking down on it. He saw his body lying on the floor and everyone around him panicnig. He remembers seeing himself go into hosipital, and could clearly see the doctors. One in particular was an older guy with bright red hair and beard. My cousin says he remembers seeing bright colours everywhere, the first was white, then bright green trees and blue sky.He says he was greeted by his sister and she told him he wasnt ready and couldnt 'come here yet'. He says he wanted to stay but she told him he would upset their mother too much and had to go back until they were readly for him. He remembers the lights fading and the next thing he knew he was waking up in hospital. He says the voices were blurred but he was back. The strange thing was that while he was recovering he asked where the 'funny looking doctor with the red hair had gone'. Everyone was so shocked as the particular doctor had finished his shift hours before and there was no way my cousin could have seen him.!!
Old 28-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Maarkandeya

In near death experiences and comas as well, one can see without the physical eyes and similarly sense without the other physical organs. One can also see one's own "body" from afar while in that state. In addition, one can see beyond the immediate confines of the room where the body is lying at that moment. This I know from direct experience. There is nothing to fear while in this state. Just be there and be aware.

For some, similar experiences occur during intense meditation.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:26 PM
bodylisious32

Hi,
hello im new here.
Ryt 1 day i was going into hospital for a routine operation, as i was getting sterilized, whilst i was under the aneastetic, i remember siiting up, and looking around, i remember the doctor saying somethink had gone wrong, there was surgeons and nurses around me, tubes everywere, and machines, i remeber haveing the feeling like i was sort of sitting half way out of my body, but then boom, i was back, as i didnt remember much more till i came round, i remember saying to the doctors that i woke up during the anestetic, and the doctor said to me you never, but i insisted that i did, and told him what happened and what i had seen and heard, the doctor then said to me this is inpossible for you to have saw or heard this , as when you were under the anestetic, you have surgical tape over each eyelid to keep eyes shut, when i explained what happened to me, he told me i had suffered a bradycardiac, during my operation, {what this is i dnt know}somethink to do with the heartbeat i think,so i think what happened to me was a breif obe, and then i was whisked back into my body,{i remember them saying when somethink had gone wrong i saw them give me somethink a needle and then i was back, i will never know what and why this happend that day.
much love and light.
xxxkezxxx.
Old 18-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Christian Hindu

Dasa,

Hello Dasa, and everyone here. I am new here and it seems like an interesting place to 'hang around', if no one minds.

I've only been browsing a little while and am just attempting my first post.

My near-death experience was not the trauma-induced type.

I was informed about my forthcoming departure by the people that later became my first two spiritual teachers. One of them was Swami Prabhupada. I was barely getting familiar with the Hare Krsna philosophy but was somehow introduced personally to him. He had been gone a mere five years at the time, but he already knew the ropes over there. Needless to say,but, I was sent back,much to my dismay. Sent back, not to finish what had been my wretched life,but to try and attempt to acquire my next one.

For that, they devised a series of tests for me to perform in order to ascend to that next level. I was told that the penance(death on earth) would be temporary. Little did I imagine how relative that term can be.

When I first met the two masters I was twenty four years old. Right now, I am forty-eight. It seems like eons have gone by and yet somehow it sometimes seems like it was only yesterday,or the week before. The current teachers keep hinting that I should be back very soon. I sure hope so.

This interim state (alive but dead) that I'm in would seem like an extension of my former life,but only on the outside. Spiritually and mentally, everything has changed. I am the same person,and yet I have had to live life(whatever's left of it) very differently. It hasn't been easy,but I'm doing the best that I can. Some friends think I'm crazy. Others, they kinda understand. I get by,although, sometimes it can get unnerving.

That's all for now. Let me try and post this reply.

Thank you,

Christian Hindu
Old 18-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Christian Hindu

Hello Dasa and everyone,

I am new here and am having trouble posting anything.

This is a test.

thank you
Old 18-03-2006, 10:05 AM
Christian Hindu

Hello again,

Can't believe that got through. I had already lost two posts.

Anyway.

I just wanted to tell you about a different kind of near-death experience I had. There was no trauma(accident,etc.) Just a visit from two spirit guides. The interesting part about it(at least for Dasa) is that one of the guides was(is) Swami Prabhupada. I was informed that my life was reaching its end and that I would be leaving very soon. I was shown(in the dream state) a few of the places over there.

Needless to say, I was sent back. The crazy part about it is that that was twenty four years ago. I was twenty four at the time. I am now 48 years old.
They said I would start another life after ,and only after and if I would pass some tests they had for me. They said that I would be in an iterim state( alive but dead) for a little while. Little did I figure how relative that term can be,especially if you're looking at it from the other side.

This so- called interim state seems like an extension of my former life,but only on the outside. Spiritually and mentally, I have had to change my way of 'living'. Like doing a one eighty,as far as living compared to how I was formerly doing. It's been a long and strange trip, and sometimes I wonder how in hell I have endured it. It has been anything but easy.

I wasn't too pleased with being sent back,but then again, I had no choice.

The current teachers are hinting that I should be starting the new life very soon. I sure hope so.

That's all for now. I know it ain't much. I'm sorry. I lost a lot of text on my previous posting attempts.

Thank you,

Christian Hindu
Old 18-03-2006, 09:50 PM
DASA

Re: Christian Hindu

Dear Spirit-soul,

It sounds like you are somewhat suffering after you Near-Death experience? Most people I've spoke to found that having an NDE enriched their lives and they lived a much more positive life afterwards, knowing that they were an eternal soul?

What kind of tests have you got to pass?

Best Wishes & Gouranga,

your servant,

Das
Old 19-03-2006, 12:00 AM
Christian Hindu

Dasa,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I was befriended by Swami Prabhupada not long after I had become acquainted with B. Gita. He would appear in my dreams and tell me very occassionally that he was very glad that I was enjoying his books. I dismissed those dreams just as anyone does any ordinary dream. But then on one occassion he pointed out a certain dream I had had about me dying. In that particular dream I had dreampt that I had drowned. I remember I was with a friend when that happened and how I told him that now I knew how it felt to die.

Before long, Swami became a little more bold. He didn't wait for me to get to the dream state. He somehow devised a way for us to communicate during my waking hours.( Right now I won't divulge much into how we do it).
Something quite surprising happened then. He told me that there was someone with him who would be like an assistant to him. He said that they would become the spiritual guides that I had been yearning for. This other person turned out to be my older brother who had passed away some fourteen years prior to that day. To say that I was surprised would be an understatement. What I wondered most about was how he(my brother) had ended up with someone from the Hindu religion, a swami, nonetheless.

It was fun for a while. Then my premonitons started to materialize. I could sense all around me that the end was near. When they realized that I was happy about it they said that they would help me make the transition to the other side. They kinda gave me a little test. It was a Tuesday sometime in mid Summer. They said that I would be leaving the following Saturday,but that I should start fasting immediately. Kinda like to make it easier for me to get out of the body. By Friday evening after those four days of fasting and a lot of hard work tending to my day labors I was almost exhausted. That night , the friends that I lived with went out for their usual weekend partying. I stayed home and feeling some gloom decided to pick up a Christian Bible to pass the time--my final night in this world. By chance I came upon the passage where Jesus is talking to some Nicodemus about how people can be born again. I don't know why but I didn't feel like dying anymore. I wished I could simply be born again like Jesus was telling the man one could. But I knew that that was not for me. My death had already been announced and I knew the rules of the game. I then fell asleep.

I'll continue on the next post.

C.H.
Closed Thread