Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-05-2017, 01:02 AM
Master

I put my coffee mug and plunger next to the kettle before I went to bed and when I woke up and stumbled to the kitchen I was pleasantly surprised to have everything ready to go.

I also decided to recommit to not being bothered anymore... and the word ' I' is starting to annoy me again but I am not sure how to get around that one... anyway mindless meditation has been hitting the sweet spot of... chilled out unity vibes lately so theres that which is a pretty cool act of love.

I'm not sure if the universe loves itself if it is already love. I suppose that it is a side effect.
Geez.... the universe is a bit up iteslf then haha.

I made myself laugh... which was also an act of love.
Old 23-05-2017, 03:26 PM
Ascender
Haha I like the drink idea

Yeah I'm sure the universe must love itself- as you said it's a side affect of love, we can't be truely loving unless we love all things including ourselves.. that's my thinking anyway.

Today I had a picnic in the garden grabbed a blanket and everything even though I had previously just been sat on the grass, took some crystals out with me...totally sunburned now though!
Old 19-06-2017, 08:20 AM
Master
I am soon going to self loving! Hahahahah, that sounds so weird! Going to do some back country camping on the shores of both lake Michigan and lake Superior. It will be nice to get out in nature. Not just to visit but to live it!
Old 19-06-2017, 05:12 PM
Ascender
Helloo hallow :) that sounds amazing! I seriously need to get a tent. I hope you have a fantastic time. Will we get to see pics? :)
Old 19-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
I also decided to recommit to not being bothered anymore.
That's why I call it self understanding, and not self love. There are things about me I don't particularly love (I'm extremely impatient sometimes, for example), but that I have learned to understand and accept, even as I endeavor to improve. One aspect of that process involves not being bothered by the way I currently am, while I endeavor to improve myself.
Old 19-06-2017, 07:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
What act of self love have you done today?

We often take the time to show others we care, but do we make that effort for ourselves?
I am going to start doing one act of self love a day and invite you all to do the same.

Take the time to treat yourself as someone you love, just one small act a day.

Today I looked into my eyes in the mirror and admired the beauty of my iris- (I know it sounds vain)

Later I am going to have a bath, turn the lights off and put my candles round the edge with lots of salt and crystals... romantic bath for one!

What will you do to romance yourself today?

the same 5 minute act of love I give myself every day, or every other day if I'm busy
Old 20-06-2017, 12:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
Helloo hallow :) that sounds amazing! I seriously need to get a tent. I hope you have a fantastic time. Will we get to see pics? :)
You sure can
Old 20-06-2017, 03:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
the same 5 minute act of love I give myself every day, or every other day if I'm busy
If doing that only takes 5 minutes, it is not an act of self-love.
Old 20-06-2017, 11:44 AM
Newbie ;)

I let myself breathe, even though I have pressing deadlines and my world is a mess right now- I let myself take the time I needed.
My next act will be kindly getting myself iced tea haha
Old 20-06-2017, 06:53 PM
Master
I like what you said about self-care, D, that definitely goes hand-in-hand with self-love, imo. So being attentive to your own needs is a big part of self-love, I think - not feeling beholden to either routine or a guilt-ridden sense of what you 'should' be doing, but instead taking care of your own well-being.