Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 16-05-2017, 03:52 PM
Ascender
My thoughts on oracle cards

I have just received my new oracle cards woohoo... which has lead me to realise something-that everybody else is probably rolling their eyes at, wondering how I didn't realise this in the beginning!

For me (now) the range of words/themes of individual card is key! Im always drawn to quite bold clean vivid cards or themes... when I do look at reviews I want to know what the artwork is like, card quality, size... I have never considered words!!! The range of card meanings is so important... how did I miss that!!

Energy oracle cards have just bowled me over, done a few practice readings and they fit and flowed perfectly! It has such a good balance of positive and less positive cards... I mean clearly I'll never get the anxiety card or the attachment card ;) but it has literally every card I could ever need otherwise... it even has chakras!!!! So now when my higher self is screaming at me to just ground myself already and put down all the woohoo crystals and use ones for grounding instead, she can flash me the first chakra card!! Which by the way are also linked to the archangels for those not into chakras. One of my practice ones I asked about here... what was the starting point? "The thinking woman"!

And because sometimes I just want a very simple answer I got the angel answer deck too... again it actually has a great range of very simple answers, there are two that are repeated though, it has yes... and yes! (All important exclamation point added) same for no... and it comes with a book in case I ever struggle with the cards meaning, which really made my day... so you all know... no means no and no! Also means no... but a firm one... this no means business lol.

So while I do like my artwork and always looking for smaller cards or a good crystal set... how usable are all these cards? Can they tell a story and answer all your questions?
Old 16-05-2017, 04:24 PM
Master
I have the energy oracle deck, have been using it for past 3 years now. It is a good deck.
Each deck is definitely unique and every card has a story by itself I believe, each deck has a theme. Well it is named the 'energy' oracle and it is a good deck but I thought it would be something more specific or more descriptive except for the chakra cards perhaps. I have the trust your vibes deck by sonia choquette and I have to use the guide book frequently if I decide to use it, not my favorite though.
I hope a better energy oracle deck comes out but for now those cards just work fine. I mix them up with goddess oracle deck during a reading.
'The temple path' is my favorite card in the deck.
Old 16-05-2017, 05:41 PM
Ascender
My favourite card is woman holding a coin because my long haired girl had a similar bow the same colour! I'm not in love with any cards though. To me many themed ones seem too focused so are limited in their uses. I know some will say well if you look deep enough the answer is there but to me if I have to search too far for an answer there is a higher risk I'm actually just stretching it to hear what I want to hear! I much prefer the cards tell me! I guess though some people want some decks for a specific area so maybe it makes sense some are more focused it's just my preference to have a deck I can use for anything.

Trust your vibes I glanced at befor now but really don't like the artwork.
Old 16-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Guide
Great choice!! The energy oracle is my go to oracle as well, i think it's such a vibrant deck, love it!

I just bought the Lightworker Oracle which i'm loving as well at the moment.

There's a new oracle coming out in October by Denise Linn called Sacred Traveller oracle cards which i would be interested in but i would like to see more of the cards first...
Old 17-05-2017, 12:45 AM
Ascender
Thanks whitewolfy. Yes I wonder why they advertise so much in advance when they don't show artwork. I want crystal angels tarot but that's just based on names and it's not out till November I think it is. Denise linn does a native one I was tempted by.
Old 17-05-2017, 09:06 AM
Master
I really really really want the Earth Wisdom deck. It stirs something deep inside of me. It has been ordered, fingers crossed it will still come in.

I use Wisdom of the Oracle a lot. Very accurate for any type of question as there is interpretation on prosperity, relationship, general, protection. So it offers a lot per card. Great deck!

Colour Therapy by Inna Segal for questions on what colour can help heal something, albeit mental/emotional or physical.

Romance Angels for love & relationship questions. Always spot on.

Enchanted Map whenever I want a "don't beat around the bush" answer. It tells it like it is, can be painful :p

Wild Wisdom of the Faery. I feel drawn to the faery, it really works for me, although sometimes I have to deviate from the default interpretation to feel what it means for a specific question.

I got a number more oracle decks but these are the ones I most often use.
Old 17-05-2017, 12:21 PM
Guide
[quote=WhiteWolfy]Great choice!! The energy oracle is my go to oracle as well, i think it's such a vibrant deck, love it!

IVe just had a look at the cards on this deck, they look lovely. I'd like to get a new deck at some point. It has some good reviews on Amazon too.
Old 17-05-2017, 01:06 PM
Deactivated Account

I love Oracles, they are a great self development tool, usually always positive in nature. I got a variety, from Mermaids to Mayans, they are a fun collectors items to have

I have always seen the Energy oracles online, I have never been drawn to get them, even though they are highly reviewed and rated. I aim for quirky and odd I also love Culture themed decks. The Tao being my most favorite at the moment, not for the art, but the literal content, very powerful I feel

Decks are of an abundance,heaps and loads of choices.. can even be addictive once you start buying ;(
Old 17-05-2017, 02:17 PM
Ascender
Oh fairycrystal yes earth wisdom deck looks lovely, just watched a review thing and it looks like the cards are matched to crystals too! I would love to hear your thoughts when you have had a chance to use it. Hope it comes soon :)

Enchanted map I think I would like from that description!

Clover fox yes... hmm how did I make it sound so complicated in my head- content over style sums it up lol. I love how Tao have the different words at the bottom. Might have to look into those too.

And lol yes I can see they can be very addictive! Not a terrible addiction to have though it could be worse! Haha
Old 17-05-2017, 03:01 PM
Master
I have ordered the Earth wisdom deck, the images are gorgeous. Thanks to the threads on here sometimes. Romance Angels by Doreen virtue is beautiful deck but I dnt use it frequently. I have the enchanted map, been using it for a while now.