Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 25-04-2017, 07:21 AM
Suspended
Guru.

Guidance and mentors and human Gurus.

There's always some contradictions when come to the question of someone has or hasn't any human teacher or Guru. Or from where does he have the idea to seek for his spirituality or dharma? Is it from someone in the temple? Or he compelled himself without any help or advice from someone in the Buddhist community then he's consider to have no Guru.

But Guru, Guidance, mentor can be from anywhere. Say, you learn from internet then internet is becoming as your "Guru". Although it's not a human. May it be considered as from someone|somewhere.

I never have a human Guru. As I've told before that Buddha, Jesus, God Jehovah and others....... integrated into my body or transferred energy to teach me but in fact I never asking anyone to teach me any dharma. And I never be so called Enlightened person. For the fact whether they've taught me or not never mind or who care because I never thought of to ask them to teach me anything. But now my intelligence, dharma energy techniques level is of the highest level in the spiritual realm.

Here comes a question: can this advancing attainment calling as self arising success or my guidance or mentors have taught me well. Maybe my dharma is never anyone knows how to teach me about. So in my case can it be said as no Guru or no mentors teaching. It's because I never learning any dharma from them. What they only transferred their dharma energy to me. Can this be considered as no Guru? Or they've reformed my inner body structure and power level.

So anyone tells me: do I have a Guru or mentors? For I never learned a dharma from them, I just can by myself. Maybe this is metaphysics transformation.......
Old 25-04-2017, 08:28 AM
Master
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipit....116.piya.html

QUOTE=django]I'd like to know which the other sutra is that you're studying regarding Pacceka Buddha's as well [/quote]

Isigili Sutra... There are more but this one's enough for me
Old 25-04-2017, 08:41 AM
Master
The(Pāli: Khaggavisāna-sutta) is a very earlyBuddhist text advocating the merit of solitary asceticism for pursuing enlightenment (as opposed to practicing as a householder or in a community of monks or nuns).

The*Rhinoceros Sutra*has long been identified, along with the*Aṭṭhakavaggaand*Pārāyanavagga*as one of the earliest texts found in the*Pali Canon. (Salomon, pp. 15-16) This identification has been reinforced by the discovery of a version in the*Gandharan Buddhist Texts, the oldest Buddhist (and, indeed, Indian) manuscripts extant. It also exists in a Buddhist Hybrid Sanksrit version. The early date for the text along with its rather unusual (within community-oriented Buddhism) approach to monastic life have led some scholars to suggest that it represents a holdover from a highly primitive stage of Buddhism.

The sutra, which consists of a series of verses which discuss both the perils of community life and the benefits of solitude, and almost all of which

end with the admonition that seekers should wander alone like rhinoceros. The verses are somewhat variable between versions, as is the ordering of verses, suggesting a rich oral tradition that diverged regionally or by sect before being written down.
Old 25-04-2017, 08:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
Considering that actually there is no 'enlightenment' to attain because all and everything is already 'enlightened' from the outset one who metaphorically 'wanders alone' is certainly better aligned in actuality than one who seeks the company of believers ('sangha') or alleged 'teachers' to support his own belief in and feed his own hope for attainments.

Yes I am thinking along the same, and is Buddha also teaching the difference between Dharma and dharma. I think so.
Thanks Ground...
Old 25-04-2017, 08:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Guidance and mentors and human Gurus.

There's always some contradictions when come to the question of someone has or hasn't any human teacher or Guru. Or from where does he have the idea to seek for his spirituality or dharma? Is it from someone in the temple? Or he compelled himself without any help or advice from someone in the Buddhist community then he's consider to have no Guru.

But Guru, Guidance, mentor can be from anywhere. Say, you learn from internet then internet is becoming as your "Guru". Although it's not a human. May it be considered as from someone|somewhere.

I never have a human Guru. As I've told before that Buddha, Jesus, God Jehovah and others....... integrated into my body or transferred energy to teach me but in fact I never asking anyone to teach me any dharma. And I never be so called Enlightened person. For the fact whether they've taught me or not never mind or who care because I never thought of to ask them to teach me anything. But now my intelligence, dharma energy techniques level is of the highest level in the spiritual realm.

Here comes a question: can this advancing attainment calling as self arising success or my guidance or mentors have taught me well. Maybe my dharma is never anyone knows how to teach me about. So in my case can it be said as no Guru or no mentors teaching. It's because I never learning any dharma from them. What they only transferred their dharma energy to me. Can this be considered as no Guru? Or they've reformed my inner body structure and power level.

So anyone tells me: do I have a Guru or mentors? For I never learned a dharma from them, I just can by myself. Maybe this is metaphysics transformation.......

Some need Gurus/Teachers others go alone just realizing themselves, whatever works for each individual is the right way.
I personally think it's down to Karma and when the time is right it will all fit together like pieces of the puzzle.
Old 25-04-2017, 09:47 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Some need Gurus/Teachers others go alone just realizing themselves, whatever works for each individual is the right way.
I personally think it's down to Karma and when the time is right it will all fit together like pieces of the puzzle.

My karma was also rectified or intensified by creator(only him can change my life light inside my body) when I was of age 27. And all possible of my advancing abilities will be attained by my spirit Gods. So I've no worry of any kind.

I just don't know how human and gurus can go ? Or can go how far from there? I think only with deity help or unseen help from deity then ones can reach their goal. That's my opinion.
Old 29-04-2017, 06:36 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Wander alone
like a rhinoceros.

It seems to go against the idea of Sanghas.... or am I missing something. Or does it just apply to Wandering Monks?

Buddha achieved enlightenment alone, while not a part of any group or sangha. So I guess that proves it is not necessary for some. But then as Thich Nhat Hanh has said, the trees, water, air, birds, and so on can all be members of our sangha as well as anyone we know and our families. This forum is a sangha or community. So really, using Thich Nhat Hanh's definition, everyone is in a sangha. Buddha hung out with the ferry boatman right? Buddha was eating and so living in a small village I would guess at the time of his enlightenment. So Buddha was in a sangha or community while obviously not a "Buddhist" one as Buddhism had not been created yet. But then in Buddhism, the term sangha refers to the Buddhist monastic community of bhikkhus (monks) and bhikkhunis (nuns).

I would say whoever wrote, wander alone like a rhinoceros, either didn't like or value socializing very much or they meant it metaphorically, like be untouched by the minds/egos of others.
Old 29-04-2017, 07:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohdiyana
Buddha achieved enlightenment alone, while not a part of any group or sangha. So I guess that proves it is not necessary for some. But then as Thich Nhat Hanh has said, the trees, water, air, birds, and so on can all be members of our sangha as well as anyone we know and our families. This forum is a sangha or community. So really, using Thich Nhat Hanh's definition, everyone is in a sangha. Buddha hung out with the ferry boatman right? Buddha was eating and so living in a small village I would guess at the time of his enlightenment. So Buddha was in a sangha or community while obviously not a "Buddhist" one as Buddhism had not been created yet. But then in Buddhism, the term sangha refers to the Buddhisk monastic community of bhikkhus (monks) and bhikkhunis (nuns).

I would say whoever wrote, wander alone like a rhinoceros, either didn't like or value socializing very much or they meant it metaphorically, like be untouched by the minds/egos of others.

It is said to have been written by Buddha in reply to a question asked by his Disciple Ananda , it refers to Pratyekabuddhas.
It's a very early Buddhist Sutra from around 1st century AD, it seems that Buddhist at that time where hermits.
The British Library has a fragment of the Sutra and it is said to be the oldest Buddhist Text ever found, it's amazing to see how Buddhism has changed over time.
Old 29-04-2017, 11:42 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
The British Library has a fragment of the Sutra and it is said to be the oldest Buddhist Text ever found, it's amazing to see how Buddhism has changed over time.

Truth does not change over time. We don't create truth. Truth exists before we have any awareness of it and it can only be discovered.
So the realizations that Buddhism points to are unchanging and existed before Buddhism and will exist after Buddhism no longer exists.
Seems to me what is changing is some peripheral unimportant surface stuff.

I found some quotes that are supposed to be from Buddha which are similar to the ones you posted: http://www.edepot.com/dhamma4.html

If, as he fares, he finds no companion
Let him firmly pursue his solitary career;
There is no fellowship with the fool.
The wise man should abandon dark state and cultivate the bright.
He should seek great delight in solitude,

For him who has completed his journey course
For him who is wholly free from all,

He who has perceived void and unconditioned freedom -
His track cannot be traced, like that of birds in the air.

Whether in village or in forest,
Whether in vale or on hill,
Wherever the Worthy Ones dwell,
Delightful, indeed, is that spot.