Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 06-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
Uma

Yes the pic is upside down but maybe there's a purpose in that. I wish i could find my photo program i had before the re-format as I cant edit any of the photos and pick things out now. But if you get time to look at the tree trunk over the car roof again...look closer....where the tree rests on the front of the roof of the car. You can even see it without zooming. There's an angry face popped out of the tree-trunk and seems to be growling at the roof LOL...
Also another similar down on the bonnet of the car.

Yes, it was more then a storm. It was a cyclone...200klm winds. So I imagine all the flora would be pretty sad. I know our city lost a hell of a lot of trees. The city is still cleaning up 5 or so weeks on.

This guy?
Old 06-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Master
Here is a large gnome face from the smaller circle on the tree photo I just uploaded (if you look closer you will also see more gnome figures within and around it). I also included an artist's conception of a typical tree gnome. Gnomes are friendly caretakers of forests, usually manifesting as bearded old men (trees can be quite old):

Here's a famous image from Wil Huygen's popular study about gnomes from a 1970's book:

Gnomes are used very charmingly in Waldorf kindergartens as part of a larger curriculum to help children hold on to their natural abilities to see spirit manifesting in the astral realms. (Children are new arrivals from the astral realm so they haven't forgotten where they came from yet - until adults teach them it's just their "imagination".) Here (link) is a criticism of that - not sure I agree although I see her point not to romanticize childhood too much and that teachers don't always practice what they preach. Her viewpoint is atypical of the psychotherapist who lives in the textbook box of "empirical evidence" (ie., if I can't reproduce this experience in a laboratory therefore it doesn't exist). Despite many kinks in the system, I love the Waldorf approach, although not everything about the way it's practiced. Anything that promotes awareness of the Divine and divine behaviour, gets my approval. And I believe in a psychotherapeutic approach that can embrace these values too - because spirit/divinity is who we are - which is why I'm hoping to get into a graduate program that will allow me to practice as a licensed psychotherapist. Time will tell what I'm meant to do in this life...

And speaking of time........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serquetasa
I suppose with all the beauty and change that is taking place at any given time on our earth, they were bound to show up at some point!
Hi Serquetasa, yes the timing means something doesn't it? We're living in a time of global environmental crisis, and social justice crisis. The timing of the mass arrival of spiritual messengers tends to coincide with dark periods in human history. So it's important to not only try to see these little guys but try to figure out what they're trying to tell us too, don't you think? They are God's divine messengers of peace, love, happiness and harmonious co-existence in all the beauty life's diversity reveals. I created a tarot card system inspired by Nature as a mirror to model divine ways in which humans can interact. One day I'll be writing books about all this stuff. We need to wake up to who we really are!
Old 06-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Ascender

Are these Waldorf kindergardens common? I"ve never heard of them.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVirgoxoxo
Are these Waldorf kindergardens common? I"ve never heard of them.

Hi Lady Virgoxoxo, It's a worldwide movement, not common though. Just google "Waldorf school" or "Steiner education" - they are a type of private school or used as a method by some homeschoolers when a school isn't available.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Ascender

Wow I looked that up and it was very interesting! I work at a Montessori school now and I like the approach but I really like the Waldorf approach! My only problem is that they delay reading and writing. I wonder if I can go to school to learn the Waldorf approach.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:38 AM
Master
deleted.................................