Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 27-04-2013, 01:02 AM
Orlando

Who exactly inhabits the woods/nature?

I mean spiritual beings and such. Any way to communicate with them?
Old 11-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Knower
Anything imaginable can be in there all with different intentions
Old 11-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Time

It really depends on your culture. Youll hear about the usuall "Fae", "nymphs" and what not.

In christianity, everything was made by god, so in that line of though, its all godly, and is all a part of god.

In many "pagan" traditions (roman, greek, egyptian etc) things like the sun, weather, water and death were all given their own individual diety, which in my mind shows an understanding of the importance of, well say, water to the egyptians. These are usually regional, even within a civilization (egyptians had a few interpretations of horus, and we cant all say they are right or wrong, because some differ greatly, yet all were practiced at once, depending on where the tradition was found in egypt).

I like how the greeks thought of it. The gods were just as "mortal" as we are in the sense of greed, lust, power etc. They were generally immortal, but some gods have been "killed" by other gods (kronos eats his kids, zeus gets the titans to take on his dad and wins, sending him to the abyss IIR), then screwing over the titans, and locking them in the ocean with posieden). They could interact with people, more so then many other belif systems. Zeus had MANY illegitamate children with mortals. Hera also had the jealous rage.

It was also a give and take relationship. The gods would only "get mad" when they werent happy. We sacrificed things to them so they would in turn, give us plenty of water, good crops, no sickness, glory in war etc.

I guess the easiest thing to say, is it depends on your upbringing....
Old 11-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Master
Orlando, in the oral myths/legends/history of the British Isles. Britain only became an island around 6000 BC, the end of the last ice-age when sea levels rose dramatically. Prior to that date, the North Sea plain was a dry, cold tundra but fertile [similar to Siberia]. Many grazing animals and their predators including tribes of hunters. When the plain began to flood, the animals left east and west followed by their hunters. Those travelling west came to a dark, damp, gloomy land - an alien landscape to peoples used to a flat tundra. This "new" land was endless forest, home to wolf, bear, wild boar, and many species of grazers [deer and the like] BUT also home to the Green Men - the spirits of the forest and the source of most of our ancient legends. These Green Spirits taught the tribal shaman many things including the places of power in the forest where the spirit world could be accessed.

The spirits became estranged from Man when men began to clear the forest to create grazing and land for their crops - this began in earnest with the Iron Age. The Green Spirits retreated into their own world. There are tales of a hybrid race [Green Men and Man] who were the Tuatha de Danaan and it was they who maintained contact with mankind through the ages. In common parlance, these were the elves or Eldar race. Contact is still there with those who "stride the hedge".
Old 11-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Master

The natural world is full of beings. First of all there are the living creatures themselves; trees, flowers, animals. These have minds of souls even if their level of consciousness are different from ours, and I have spoken with animals myself at times (through channelers) and found them quite intelligent. Then there are the indigenous spirit beings, which carry many names according to local cultures and belief systems. I have a mountain spirit among my own guides and he has a teacher role, which should tell quite a bit about him as a being. There are also other spirits, who are more like visitors and dwell in certain areas known as the Borderlands where our physical world and the spirit worlds merge somewhat. I have communicated at times with Seelie Court spirits. How to do so, is a question of what talents and skills you inhabit - I rely mostly on channelers myself but have also had service from partial out of body journeys.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Suspended
I am with the spirits when I camp out at Spirit Mountain. They are with me out on the Rez, they are with me when I camp in the forest. I do not camp in developed public camp grounds.
Old 16-06-2014, 08:32 PM
mistik

I think communication spirit's used by nature and the animals.God gave the animal's not a brain like we humans, but nature spirit's to communicate with eachother.

Mistik
Old 17-06-2014, 09:59 AM
swisscub

As for my personal understanding: Nature is everywhere. Just because you're in a city, and surrounded by bricks and walls, you really are still in the "natural" habitats of the homes and places where you share your surroundings with elementals too.

It's only clear that they prefer the natural places such as woods, forests, lakes, mountains and glaciers, because they are at their peace there and humans have hopefully not (and won't in future) interfere in their natural habitats. But they exist everywhere really.
Old 26-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Knower
I have never seen or spoken to any specific spiritual being, but I feel the spirit of nature itself, especially trees.

It's hard for me to explain how I feel when I walk among the trees, touch their trunks and branches, sit and rest against them and listen to the wind blow through their leaves and branches, except to say I feel a spiritual connection deep inside my soul.

*Can anyone tell me why I may feel this strong connection to the trees? I would love your thoughts on this.*

I was told once that I must read about the Druids and tree lore. They felt I had a strong connection.

Also, someone on another forum, who had studied realms, urged me to research forest fairy/fae.

(How odd that I live on Birch Street.)
Old 07-09-2014, 01:47 PM
Knower

I once saw what looked like Pan. Later i found i was on Pan's hill at the time. Weird huh? Like all of nature I think there is a lot there if you look