Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 01-02-2012, 10:45 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I don't know anything about either really... but maybe I have a sense of something...
If you don't know then why don't you try to find out. In this human form of life we are meant to inquire about the Absolute Truth.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ching
What is the point of Divination if you don't believe there is a Divine?
Good question for those interested but not really relevant to what i meant ... I meant believing in the first instance that you will be pushed further away from divine will is like accepting defeat as a foregone conclusion ...
Old 01-02-2012, 10:53 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Good question for those interested but not really relevant to what i meant ... I meant believing in the first instance that you will be pushed further away from divine will is like accepting defeat as a foregone conclusion ...
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. In the conditioned state our desires are by definition different from Divine Will or else why would we be conditioned. In essence Divine Will is pure love, like loving your neighbour more than you love yourself. Until I reach such a state of Love my will must be different from Divine Will.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Master
Ok ... thanks for clarifying what you believe I-Ching ... your divination practice seems to hinge on many beliefs, which is understandable. It appears you experience a dilemma because of the very beliefs you uphold ... I realize that is simply my interpretation though (based on minimal information), looking from the outside in ...
Old 01-02-2012, 11:03 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Ok ... thanks for clarifying what you believe I-Ching ... your divination practice seems to hinge on many beliefs, which is understandable. It appears you experience a dilemma because of the very beliefs you uphold ... I realize that is simply my interpretation though (based on minimal information), looking from the outside in ...
I think my beliefs are rational beliefs. I mean to accept that there is a benevolent Divine Being is rational. I mean what rational reasons gave you give for having an alternative belief? You have to believe in something.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Master
Quote:
I mean what rational reasons gave [do?] you give for having an alternative belief? You have to believe in something.

I agree, and, like you, have insisted that myself here many times in many exchanges with others ... as time goes by I find myself able to let go of many beliefs which have become outdated ... some very personal, and others I once thought of as a matter of fact for myself and others. I am discovering that there are not as many layers of beliefs as i once believed lol sorry I-Ching ... lost the end of the thread there lol ...
Old 01-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Master
in addition ... do you consider that beliefs may be part of that conditioning you have identified?
Old 01-02-2012, 11:59 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
as time goes by I find myself able to let go of many beliefs which have become outdated
Such as?
Quote:
do you consider that beliefs may be part of that conditioning you have identified
I get the idea that your belief is that beliefs are bad. This is of course self-contradictory. As an intelligent being we have interpret what we see with our senses into some kind of rational view/belief of the world. Every day you eat certain things because you believe they are edible. If you did away with that belief and started eating everything you may find some problems in the application of that philosophy.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Master
Quote:
If you don't know then why don't you try to find out. In this human form of life we are meant to inquire about the Absolute Truth.

What I feel is the 'way'... involves the purification (as I call it).

To just be as you are is not an option, you are this way, so the inquiry is a deeper look into what that is.

This has an effect much like sound describes, and also, removes false notions and emotional blockages, so that what is pure and holy can come through us and be expressed in the world.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Master
mm well little children put everything in their mouth to start with, and soon find out what is palatable / edible and what isn't lol with the guidance of their caregiver of course, so i dont consider that so much a belief but developing awareness of what is.

Your idea slash [belief] that I believe that beliefs are 'bad' is off the mark Mr Ching ... I feel that our ability to 'believe' is a wonderous attribute of consciousness, as contradictory as that may sound. I feel that our beliefs support our experience in some almost 'unbelievable' metaphysical way, which is currently beyond my understanding ... and yet, naturally, not beyond my direct experience. I have not consciously 'divined' before (there may not even be such a word), however i do respect your way, as it resonates with you.